PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody else a little pissed off that the Jets beat Pittsburgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: anybody else a little pissed that the jets beat pitt?

I can't believe this thread. I am ACTIVELY rooting for the jets at this point. The fact that they beat up the Steelers made it even greater. I hope the jets keep winning and the Steelers keep struggling. I honestly can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

How can it be a bad thing?

If both us and the Steelers win the next two games, a win over the Steelers will virtually assure us of HFA.

Assuming we hold the Tie Breakers with Jax, which we do as they already lossed to Indy, making them currently 1-1 against common opponents with three games left (Buf, Ind, Pit), the best they can finish is 4-1 and we would be 5-0 with a win over Pittsburgh. Same with the Titans they are 0-1 the best they will can be is 4-1 against common opponents (Indy, Cincy, SD and the Jets), the only team left that we haven't played is the Jets.

HFA can be officially clinched in week 14. 1 loss from the Colts and Titans in the next three weeks and three straight wins by NE would officially clinch the #1 seed.

Last edited:

It's a okey good thing cos I dont like Steelers very much, and I can handle that Jets can have some little succes in this season...

I was reluctantly happy. Should help our draft pick and virtually locks us in as the #1 seed in the AFC.

Agreed.

10 

I know it helps our pick, but it kind of tarnishes the whole upcoming pitt game --- who gives a crap now?
it won't even be an accomplishment to beat some team that gets beat by the jets.

The Steelers should have lost to the Browns, so they are lucky to only have 3 in the loss column. Their cause obviously wasn't helped by losing to the Jets, but they lost to the Cardinals and Broncos before that. So, I didn't really look at them as this "elite" team to begin with.

I will say that anything can happen, which is why they play the games.

Last edited:

I do not like either team but the squeelers lost helps us with home field in the playoffs and shows that they were a fraud.
Helps our draft choice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back