PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Yankee fans?

If you want to choose CC and JJ over Beckett and Lester, that's your prerogative. I'm thinking the only fans that would make that choice would be Yankee fans.
As far as the #4 starter, Burnett is not in the class of Beckett or Lester. Right now he isn't even Wakefield. That leaves #4 Penny. Both #4 pitchers might go on the DL sometime this year.

Reading comprehension has never been your strong suit. Matter of fact, I'm not sure what is. Where did I say I'd choose them? I said they match up pretty well statistically, which they do.

Burnett isn't even Wakefield? ahahahahahahahahaha.....

Reading comprehension has never been your strong suit. Matter of fact, I'm not sure what is. Where did I say I'd choose them? I said they match up pretty well statistically, which they do.

Burnett isn't even Wakefield? ahahahahahahahahaha.....

Good thing the league is won on with stats. Kind of funny, when someone compares stats they are suggesting pitchers are somewhat comparable. Kind of funny, when a Yankee fan omes onto a Sox site, they are usually defending their team.
Burnett is not Wakefield, who eats up innings, is dependable, is 10-3. Tho, Burnett does have better stats. Heck, if you want to throw irrelvent equations out there, here's one. Wake will make the All Star team before Burnett.
One last thing, when unable to defend your team or players, the next best thing is to attack the person, right?

Last edited:
Good thing the league is won on with stats. Kind of funny, when someone compares stats they are suggesting pitchers are somewhat comparable. Kind of funny, when a Yankee fan omes onto a Sox site, they are usually defending their team.
Burnett is not Wakefield, who eats up innings, is dependable, is 10-3. Tho, Burnett does have better stats. Heck, if you want to throw irrelvent equations out there, here's one. Wake will make the All Star team before Burnett.
One last thing, when unable to defend your team or players, the next best thing is to attack the person, right?

This isn't a Sox site, it's a Patriots site. ;)

You truly know nothing about baseball. Anyone with a grain of sense knows to throw win/loss record's out the window, when guaging the value of a pitcher. Wins & losses are one of the stats a pitcher has little control over, since a pitcher doesn't score runs, or field the ball. By your logic, a guy who goes 0-30, with an ERA of 1.00, losing 30 starts 1-0, isn't as good as Wakefield, since Wake is 10-3. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I like Wake, and have nothing but respect for him as both a person, and a player (he's the biggest bargain in baseball, and certainly one of the league's most charitable guys). However, no objective person is going to take Wake over Burnett. Wake is an end of the rotation arm, while Burnett has ace quality stuff.

BTW, I've criticized the Yankees countless times in here, as well as compliment the Sox and their players. I call things how I see them. I'm not like you, a person who knows little about baseball (or much else, as we've seen in other forums), and uses emotion to drive opinions.

This isn't a Sox site, it's a Patriots site. ;)

You truly know nothing about baseball. Anyone with a grain of sense knows to throw win/loss record's out the window, when guaging the value of a pitcher. Wins & losses are one of the stats a pitcher has little control over, since a pitcher doesn't score runs, or field the ball. By your logic, a guy who goes 0-30, with an ERA of 1.00, losing 30 starts 1-0, isn't as good as Wakefield, since Wake is 10-3. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I like Wake, and have nothing but respect for him as both a person, and a player (he's the biggest bargain in baseball, and certainly one of the league's most charitable guys). However, no objective person is going to take Wake over Burnett. Wake is an end of the rotation arm, while Burnett has ace quality stuff.

BTW, I've criticized the Yankees countless times in here, as well as compliment the Sox and their players. I call things how I see them. I'm not like you, a person who knows little about baseball (or much else, as we've seen in other forums), and uses emotion to drive opinions.

Actually, Wake's numbers are comparable to Burnett's, and Wake is #3 in the Sox rotation.
No, you don't base a pitcher's performance soley on stats. Bottom line, who do you want pitching in your biggest game? I'm not looking at stats to get my conclusion. Sox vs Yanks, I'm guessing Burnett has better stats then Lester. Who you got?

Actually, Wake's numbers are comparable to Burnett's, and Wake is #3 in the Sox rotation.
No, you don't base a pitcher's performance soley on stats. Bottom line, who do you want pitching in your biggest game? I'm not looking at stats to get my conclusion. Sox vs Yanks, I'm guessing Burnett has better stats then Lester. Who you got?

So who's better then, Burnett or Wake? Who would you rather have?

This is no knock on Wake mind you, as I have nothing but the utmost respect for both his ability, and his charactor. I'd love to have Wake on my team anyday, it's just that Burnett is a better pitcher.

Tied for first again. This will be an interesting race.

Are you only going to troll here when the douche bags resemble doing something decent?

My advice to you is to ignore this kid, he's probably about 15 or 16 years old; ignore him like that pimple on the end of your nose that pops up three days before the prom and it, like him, will go away.

This is a fascinating race indeed. The Halladay situation could affect the division even more in two ways. The obvious being if one of the 3 contenders in the East aquire him, but the not so obvious would be if the Texas Rangers got him. Could the Rangers make the WC race, a battle that includes the 2nd place team in the West? Hmmm.... Doubtful, but interesting none the less. Hopefully he goes to the NL. I don't think niether the Sox, nor Yankees, want to give up the players it would take to get him.

Our pitching will be more than good enough to get us by with our lineup.

You mean like this past weekend; three game sweep at the hands of the Angels, your "pitching that will be more than good enough to get you by with your lineup" just gave up 29 runs in three games.

And your ace triple chin himself is 8-6.

And how did horseface do vs his old team; he looks like a horse because of all that winstrol he's taking, just ask his buddy ARod.

29 runs in three games.

My advice to you is to ignore this kid, he's probably about 15 or 16 years old; ignore him like that pimple on the end of your nose that pops up three days before the prom and it, like him, will go away.

Real mature. *******

Real mature. *******

I take that as a denial ???
With the Yankees getting swept in Anaheim, they have two more west coast trips, one in September while the Sox are done with the cross country trips. You can't underestimate the toll it takes on someone so that has to factor into a team's chances....

Red Sox are 8-0 vs the Yankees this year so far. How GREAT is that? LOL. Eat your hat out yankees, you spend like 1/4 billion dollars this offseason alone on upgrades and you still get OWNED by the Sox!!
lol

If i were a Yankee fan, i would not show up here because it's so embarassing. Spending 1 billion dollars for loosing 8 games against Red Sox????

A 'new' yankee team all right....HAHAHAHHAHAH
lol

Your team has had their ass handed to them so far this year by the Red Sox, they can't beat a team with good pitching (see today as an example), your bullpen it pathetic and you have one, maybe two decent starters and you still think they are going win the division?

What are you basing that brilliant statement on; is it because you have the highest payroll in baseball, because you've had that all century long and are 0 for the Century.

So let's hear it; this should be a jem.
lol

How are you going to win the division when you don't have starting pitching. If you rob your bullpen, then you will not be able to close out games. I don't care how many runs you score, a team needs pitching to win, just ask the Texas Rangers.
The Sox OTH, have two starters in the wings giving them leverage to pull a trade to bolster any position. Not to mention, they still have a starting SS coming back very soon.
Honestly, I'm more concerned with the Rays then the Yankees.
Our starting pitching looks pretty damn good right now.

Anyone see the game today? 15-0 - off Johan, we bounced him after 3 innings, scored 9 on him, all of them earned. This is a sneak peak of what this lineup will do once they are clicking on all cylinders. Also, they were hitting like this during mid-May through early June. A-Rod will obviously pick it up. They will have a very good summer.

Burnett did what he was brought here to do - dominate. Sabathia will be Sabathia for the rest of the year, so no worries there. AJ will get it going now, he has looked great on some occasions and awful on others. Today was a great one, and you will be seeing more of the good AJ than the bad. Pettitte is really struggling? Is he finished? Possible, but I think not. Just a bad streak, and he will get back on track. Don't forget, he DOES have 6 wins already. Wang has been a trainwreck, but we haven't completely given up on him, he starts against the Nats this Wednesday I think. If he bombs there, you can forget about him the rest of the year - Hughes will take his spot. Joba is still very young, and he has been erratic as well, but I think we will be seeing good Joba for the most part. As for the Bullpen, Marte & Bruney are injured, guys who were here for the 7th & 8th inning roles, respectively. Phil Coke has looked very good, Hughes has pitched well, Robertson has pitched well, Veras has been up and down, and Mo is Mo. So once those two come back, I am optimistic that this bullpen can be much better. We will be at least medium to good - in regards to the bullpen.

So call me crazy, but we will win the division and have a great summer. AND we will play at least .500 ball against the Red Sox for the rest of the year. So yes, I stand by my statement that the Yankees will win the division, and we can bump this thread at the end of the season. ;)
bump

So what makes you think the Yanks are closer to the what we saw today and not closer to the team that has gone .500 in its past 10 games. No one is saying the Yanks can't score. With all the money invested in the team, they should be scoring some runs. It's the pitching that will be their downfall.
lol

Someone is delusional. Starts his post by trumpeting AJ Burnett? How many times has this guy survived a full season. In his last start, he couldn't complete three innings. Wang is going for the all-time ERA record (high/not low).
After being swept by the Sox, the Yanks were one muffed infield fly from losing 2 of 3. So, today, because they have a blow-out win, all is forgotten.
Burnett shut your weak ass lineup down the other night.

Pitching, pitching, pitching.
Let me know when you find some. You had a shut out today, congrats.
Meanwhile, Boston as two starters waiting in the wings, one a future HOF'er, and the other a youngster with more then one out pitch. Either one of these two is better then Wang.
Good luck.
Found some. :rolleyes:

Yankee fans, have to love them, you really do.

"Look what we did today"................wow, a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once and awhile too.

"Just wait until we get the bats going"..............200 million dollar payroll, the bats and the pitching SHOULD HAVE BEEN GOING SINCE OPENING DAY.

"We lost 8 to the Red Sox and are only two games out"............you've been listening to that moron Kay haven't you as that is exactly what that fleabrain said after you got your asses swept out of town on Thursday.

If you had won 8 strait vs the Red Sox, you'd be 6 games up and telling us all how the season is over already.

Face it; we are now the Yankees of the mid to late 1990's and you are the Red Sox from the mid to late 70's, so deal with it.

All hitting, so so starters and a horrific bullpen.

Who the frig is the rag arm named Coke; Coke?

When Yankee fans called WEEI from the mid 1990's till 2004, they annoyed the sh!t out of me; now when they call, I laugh my ass off at them, they sound like we used to sound pre 2004.

You are a bunch of clowns, you really are.

And spare us the "bump this thread" crap; with a 200 million dollar payroll, you should win the World Series, nevermind the division, so ease up on the gas.

We'll write it down.

In crayon.

Just for you.
:)

Can there be a conversation about the Yankees that doesn't involve their payroll? Why not spend the money if you have it.

The Yanks are still winning the division. ;)
Truth

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear from any Yankee Hater...You basically just admitted that you expect your team to collapse as usuall and that all of the pressure is on us...GOOD. Oh and why would you ever compare a redsox team to the a Yankees team? We are Flatterd. As far as Im concerned the only thing that scares me about the Sox is Lester. That is it. Enjoy your 2 game lead while it lasts.
Truth

Red Sox fans think they rule the Earth now that they have 2 rings. It's quite disturbing.

Nothing close to the dynasty of the 90's.
Truth

I thought the discussion was about this year?
Yes, in the history of baseball the Yankees have the most titles. But, if you want to talk about history, then everything comes into the discussion. When was the last time the Yankees had a championship? They have outspent every team in baseball and still have not won a title. I understand the Sox spend money also, and it's not fair, its an uneven playing field. The Yankees take it to the extreme. Will anyone be surprised if they go after an overpaid mega million player before the trade deadline?
In regards to this year, the Sox are the team to beat. When all is said and done, they may have the best pitching in baseball. If you think a team loaded with sluggers is going to beat a team loaded with pitching, then you're debating a losing conversation.
Who's losing now?

Our pitching will be more than good enough to get us by with our lineup.
Truth

Funny, it's not been good enough to get you by our line up.. 8 times this season already ;)
Standings? Best record in the majors?

This is one of those posts that come back to haunt you. Like those guys in the beer commercial making football predictions before the season.
Read it again, and again and he's saying, our pitching sucks but we have a great lineup.
Double D nailed it, saying the Sox of the 70's.
Yeah, it's really haunting me now.

What is it about Redsox/Yankees that brings the idiot out of so many people? :confused2:

The two teams are arugably (they are IMO) the two best in baseball. They are both well built teams (I think the Sox are better built for the playoffs) that should make the playoffs. Obviously injuries can change that, or the Rays, but I think it will be Sox/Yankees coming out of the AL East, and into the playoffs. Who gets first is anyone's guess. I say that cuz the Sox are 8-0 against the Yankees, which is a 16 game swing in the standings. Yes, 16 games! :eek: Despite that, the Yankees are only 2 games back. So it's not far fetched to figure the Yanks could win the division, since their record is better versus the rest of the league. In the end though, what difference does it make who takes first, if you both make it. I'd prefer first, but "getting into the tournament (as Tuna would say) is what really matters most.

Double G, if you aren't a Yankees fan, and haven't watched Yankees games for the last 10-15 years, you wouldn't understand why Torre was let go. The guy lost his fastball a few years ago. He got stale so to speak, and it was just time to move on. It happens. I love Torre for all that he did, but I thought he should have moved on a few years prior. He's a good manager, but he, and the team, each needed a change of scenery. He started to coach not to lose, as opposed to win, like he used to. Maybe he just got too comfortable, or the pressure was getting to him, or maybe it was the players the Yankees were putting on the field. One way or another, something had to give, and usually it's the coach that changes. Managerially, he was killing the bullpen, and he never trusted young players much. They insituted the "Joba Rules" for that first reason. Torre used to fall in love with players to the point where they'd be dl'd from a broken arm by the end of August. The rules for Chamblerlain were to protect him from Torre. Both sides needed to go their separate ways. I'm not sold on Girardi though. I expected more creativity than he's provided.

I like the Sox team. They play excellent defense, cover a lot of ground in the OF, and have clutch hitters up the line-up. They need a SS, but they have the $$, and chips to aquire one. The pen is very good, as are the starters. They are a well built team. Anyone who says otherwise is a hater. My concerns were i a Sox fan, would be the bottom of the line-up, and the end of the rotation in the 2nd half of the season. I mention the rotation only cuz you have to wonder what Dice-k will be like, what a 42 year old Smoltz will be in September, and whether Wake evens out over the long haul. They could all be excellent mind you. I'm merely saying it's something to maybe pay attention to.

The Yankees are only going to get better IMO. They have been decimated by injuries so far this season, to key players (Arod, Nady, Posada, Bruney, Marte, Wang, Molina) and are still 2 games back, and in the WC lead. They haven't had either set up man for the season (Marte/Bruney), and that's killed their pen. Arod is hitting .225, Nady is still out, Wang (2 time 19 game winner) is still trying to find himself physically after last years season ending injury, and Burnett really hasn't pitched well at all. The point is, there is considerable room for the Yankees to improve, and all things being equal, they should. I think it's going to be a terrific summer of baseball. Talk baseball and enjoy it fellas.
Smart man.

The Sox won again tonight. Penny, the 5th starter is now 6-2. Meanwhile, the Yanks lost, tho, Wang pitched well giving up only 3 runs. The bad news is it was against the Nationals. Wang is now 0-5. The good news for the Yanks, is that they sent out thier ace and won last night. The bad new is it was a close game and it was against the Nationals.
I'll go on record right now, the Red Sox and Rays will make the playoffs. The Yanks will stay home, again.
Ok.

The Rays will be coming on strong. The Sox have major pitching strength. The Yankees have more freakin' holes in their rotation and bullpen then my 2001 Patriot's championship T-shirt.
The posts by you and RW concerning the Yankees chances is based on hope that certain players start performing to go along with the praying that the Sox collapse. The curse is over, at least it is for the Sox.
Uhh, our rotation & bullpen is fine.

I did not draw my conclusion that the Yankees would miss the playoffs from the series with the Nationals. Tho, I felt it was an appropiate time to post that they would not make the playoffs. What RW and the Jetguy keep saying is that the Yankees are equal with the Sox. They clearly are not. They do not have the pitching and that is what wins ballgames.
If you want to hang onto the fact that a few posts ago, they were 2 games out, thus, compatible with the Rays and Sox, then good luck with that.
Pitching, eh?

Is there a coherant point to this thread?

I mean ... the Yankees :rofl:

We are talking about a team that cannot buy a World Series :rofl:

$200 million :rofl:

think about that for a moment or two.

:rofl:
lol

I've thought about it every day since October, 2004.

And laughed my nutsack off at the thought of the sheer futility of it.

I guess 200 million doesn't buy what it used to.

The fact that Cashman still has a job in NY amazes me.

Actually, thank God for that.
lol

They will still win it all. :p
lol

Yeah, I'm worried sick about them; here comes the "little train that could", the 200 million dollar cinderalla Yankees, fresh off their sweep of the triple A Mets.
lol

lol

Frank from Gloucester was on EEI the other day and said he's not worried about the Yankees pitching come playoff time because all you need in the playoffs is three good pitchers and they've got that right now. Playoffs? It would help Frank if you were leading the division, which you are not.

He also went on to say the Yankee bullpen has really turned it around lately and "I think (or in his case, "I tink") they are as good as the Red Sox bullpen is right now."

Have to love that toothless fool.................
lol

He is what, 15 or 16 at the best. Give him time. They still have hope at that age. Watch the Jets and the Yankees slowly suck it out of him.
I'm crying.

Personally, I'd love to see that.

So they can lose at home in the second round.

And Jets fans will be lining up on the GW.

Enough bad things cannot happen to that pathetic excuse for an NFL franchise, FORTY years since their last trip to the big dance, which I'm guessing is about 23 years longer than you've been on the planet.

With Gary Busey as their head coach.
I'm still crying.

lol

yankees suck!
Yeah!!!

Way to out-do yourselves Sox fans. Keep sh*tting on the Yankees.

You're still losing the head to head 8-3 idiot. Clearly the Sox are in a slump. Come back and post here when the World Series is won.

Is there a coherant point to this thread?

I mean ... the Yankees :rofl:

We are talking about a team that cannot buy a World Series :rofl:

$200 million :rofl:

think about that for a moment or two.

:rofl:

Way to out-do yourselves Sox fans. Keep sh*tting on the Yankees.

I stand by that post ... did I miss that the Yankees won the World Series this series? This year will make 9 years since they won ... they have had the highest payroll every year since 2000 ... nimrod ... yeah :rofl:

BTW ... it's been 40 years of taking it in the sphinter for Jet fans ... 40 anos :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Just to put it in perspective: the Vietnam War was still going on the last time the New Jersey Jets were in the Super Bowl.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back