Welcome to PatsFans.com

Any worries about Stallworth not getting looks?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MrTibbs, Sep 23, 2007.

1. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Has anyone worried about Stallworth not getting the ball? Seems to me he's the forgotten guy out there. Brady needs to hit him more often. If Moss gets hurt or dbl and triple covered he has to learn to look elsewhere. I understand if it's there take it but he needs to get Donte' involved.

What's your take?
  2. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

As I said in another thread, I'm a TINY bit worried, 'though my understanding is that Stallworth is a pretty stand-up teammate. I'd like to see him more involved, as well. Hopefully next week.
  3. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +319 / 20 / -47

#50 Jersey

I hope Stallworth starts getting involved more also. That 29 yard catch was nice, but the Pats need more than that from him.
  4. Tyler.Durden

Tyler.Durden Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm not, the less work he does, the less strain and the healthier he becomes.

I expect him to get more looks after about week 10 to be honest.
  5. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ok with that said what the heck becomes of Troy Brown and Chad Jackson?
  6. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

When the Ds start triple teaming Moss, things will open up more.
  7. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I like this situation. Moss and Brady are going insane, the running game is working, the D is causing turn-overs, and we're scoring tons of points. Its always good to have a lot of depth in WR to keep 'em fresh and healthy. I'd much rather be in this situation than having to rely on stallworth, etc.
  8. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

could care less..as long as we win ... BB knows more than i do and brady always finds the open guy.
    Our offense in last 7 yrs has been never to get one particular guy involved just for the sake of it.
  9. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -2

And then, Brady will throw to Stallworth or Gaffney, but not until then. Has any pass to Moss not been caught (yes I know one was thrown to the other team).

10. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +461 / 6 / -7

Not worried in the slightest. Moss has been amazing, so that has a lot to do with it. Stallworth is still going to prove invaluable against teams that actually have a defense.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  11. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm not worried at all -- this sounds like looking for the cloud.

I'm hoping we can have Chad Jackson on the same side as Moss to get some better coverages for CJ. ... If and when CJ comes back.
  12. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 4 / -0

The idea of Moss, Stallworth and CJ on the same field at once is enticing even if it's only for a couple of plays a game. That's a shytload of speed.
  13. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

It really is going to be interesting (WE HOPE), come weeks 6-8 when Troy and CJ have to be activated or IR'd or released. Something tells me CJ might be none too happy about losing the entire season. Thing is, I don't WANT there to be injuries, freeing up the spot. Best-case, I guess, would be a trade of Gaffney or Washington, which would REALLY suck for them, being that this team is in history-making mode.
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Stallworth had a nice catch today, so you know he's awake. It's great that we can afford to use a receiver like Stallworth as a role guy because the rest of our group is so good.
  15. jsinger121

jsinger121 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Once teams learn that they may want to cover Moss at times then Stallworth will get his catches. But for the time being if teams want to continue to be foolish and not cover Moss then let the good times roll.
  16. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +559 / 14 / -8

#91 Jersey

I really don't worry about Chad. If there is an injury, I think he'll be activated, if not, he's going to have to sit this year out for the team. It really could be for the best. His skills are pretty much the same as Stallworth. It's my feeling that Stallworth will get busier as the season goes on. He will have a good, not great year, and move on next season where he can be more of a focus to someone's offense. Chad will replace his skills and Randy will reup for about 6MM/yr
  17. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I just think what Moss is doing, is just amazing, and Moss and Brady are just on a different page than the rest of the leauge... Stallworth will still be heard from by the end of the yr..
  18. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -2

#24 Jersey

Better balance would be nice, and Stallworth is a capable player so it's something to work on. But scraping the bottom of the big empty barrel of things to worry about, the punter is on the top of my list.
  19. LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks

LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As long as we keep putting up 38 points each game, I don't care if Stallworth catches 1 ball or 10.
  20. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +737 / 2 / -3

#75 Jersey

CJ is a story that has been overlooked so far.

I LOVE the fact that he has this downtime where he can learn greatly from Moss and Stallworth. Also, perhaps Moss can be a nice example to him of what can happen when a great talent plays BS for many years and then wises up. Perhaps, Moss can help CJ leapfrog over 5 or 6 years of wasted talent just by telling him "Don't do what I did" and "Focus here, because you don't want to play for anyone but Brady, baby".