PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

any word on ninky??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance. History has shown us that if BB does not trust you in the regular season, you won't play in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Scott and Francis looked pretty good.

In Denver, vs. Manning, I'd guess the Patriots would have 5 edge rushers active.

I read it wrong. I thought it said kinky...:eek:

Ninko is a staple on the defense. Hopefully it isn't too bad.

Ian's column mentions that he couldn't walk down the steps properly. :(

I just hope it is not something as bad as it looked and he's able to bounce back after a week.

Here's to hoping to a great postseason and hosting the SB!

I hate it, but I think he is headed to IR.

I hate it, but I think he is headed to IR.

I'm hoping for the best but I also believe he is headed there :( On the bright side, Scott/Cunningham/Francis have all been good in limited work and deserve more PT. Sucks it came at the expense of Nink but it's fortunate that this happened in one of the areas we appear to have capable depth.

I think an injury like this to DMC or some other area where we are alot thinner would have been more disastrous.

Let the Justin Francis era commence

Tough loss of a very versatile player with a knack for big plays - but his health will not be the determining factor in whether we hoist the Lombardi or not. Next man up.

Hip is just a general term for that region which is comprised of a lot of different bones, ligaments and muscle groups. If he pulled something in the gluteus medias or a hip flexor as examples it would look like knee injury coming off the field as he wouldn't be able to push off at all. Those injuries tend to lingers but it's still better then the Colvin injury where you're never quite the same again.

No matter he's going to be missed and even though a lot of people have come around he's still underrated in Patriot Nation.

Hip is just a general term for that region which is comprised of a lot of different bones, ligaments and muscle groups. If he pulled something in the gluteus medias or a hip flexor as examples it would look like knee injury coming off the field as he wouldn't be able to push off at all. Those injuries tend to lingers but it's still better then the Colvin injury where you're never quite the same again.

No matter he's going to be missed and even though a lot of people have come around he's still underrated in Patriot Nation.

Thanks for that insight. Right now I'd take him being ready for the start of next season and his normal self after a few games. Just hope it's nothing like the Colvin variety where it took him 1.5 years to even become somewhat effective again and like you said, he was never the same again.

Ian's column mentions that he couldn't walk down the steps properly. :(

Neither could anybody sitting in the upper deck at Gillette after the Pats went up 21-0.

Ninko will be missed if he's done. Lets cross our fingers. He's a play maker

I think he's one of our more underrated players. When we've needed a play on defense, Ninko has come up huge with some of them. I hope he's okay.

I think he's one of our more underrated players. When we've needed a play on defense, Ninko has come up huge with some of them. I hope he's okay.

Actually, Ninko is really a DE, even in college.

He was "put" in the D as a OLB, which he was below-average skills.

Once he went back to his natural position, he is like MikeWright...

We really need a good OLB that can keep up with slot-receivers. Spikes is a run stuffer, Hightower is average.

Hopefully, we can get a stud OLB in the 2013 draft. Not to mention a OG/OT/C and a CB.

TrevorScott looks like a good replacement should Ninko go IR...

Hopefully, Talib and Dennard comes back. They are by no means shutdown CBs, but, this is their 1st yr with Pats and they seem to be getting better...

I'm glad everyone is ready to dismiss Ninko, because the Pats feasted on a back up RT on a generally bad OL. Rob Ninkovitch has had as good a year this season, as all but one in Mike Vrabel's storied career. He is more than just a pass rusher, which he does very well, but his 5 forced fumbles, the myriad fumble recoveries, setting the edge, his versatility, WILL NOT be easily replaced.

This is a BIG loss. I can only hope he can return, but it certainly doesn't look good. If he is IR'ed, the team will move on and persevere like it always does. But that doesn't mean we should be cavalier about his loss or his contribution. In my mind only Wilfolk and McCourty are more important individuals than Ninko

Ninkovich is a gamer. He fits well in this defense as a jack of all trades. However, Nink is not anything close to spectacular athletically, so I get what people are saying when they try to console themselves. Scott, Cunningham, and Francis are all equal to or greater than Nink as athletic presences, but you can't underrate Nink's clutch play and football savvy.

I'm glad everyone is ready to dismiss Ninko, because the Pats feasted on a back up RT on a generally bad OL. Rob Ninkovitch has had as good a year this season, as all but one in Mike Vrabel's storied career. He is more than just a pass rusher, which he does very well, but his 5 forced fumbles, the myriad fumble recoveries, setting the edge, his versatility, WILL NOT be easily replaced.

This is a BIG loss. I can only hope he can return, but it certainly doesn't look good. If he is IR'ed, the team will move on and persevere like it always does. But that doesn't mean we should be cavalier about his loss or his contribution. In my mind only Wilfolk and McCourty are more important individuals than Ninko

Agreed. I'm a little surprised by the minimizing going on here. Played 85% of the defensive snaps, Barnwell's pro bowl choice (not that he's a genius or anything, but seems fairly astute). Sucks very much he's (likely) done.

its a huge loss if he can't play. there is decent depth at that position but he makes plays which are now more than ever the difference between winning and losing. His verstality could have a trickle effect if one of the other 3 LB's get dinged up (Spikes).
Outside of Wilfork, Mayo and McCourty, he is the most valuable contributor on Defense.

The Dline looked better without him.

epicsmallcopp1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back