PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

any word on ninky??

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain insano

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
He didn't look to good going off the field. fingers crossed its not serious.

Last edited:
He didn't look to good going off the field. fingers crossed its not serious.
I read a hip injury. Looked like a leg to me. Hip might be less long term but who knows?

I hope this isn't serious. Nink is one of my favorite players on this team. Cunningham's return comes just in time. Still & all I want Nink on the field for our run & the SB.

Hate to say it, but I can't see a guy who can't walk off the field by himself playing football within a month. Have to assume he's done.

Never thought I would be concerned about an injury to Rob Ninkovich, but I really hope he's ready for the next game. He's developed into a valuable contributor.

On the flip side, looks like we had some pretty good substitution with Cunningham and Scott. I'm more concerned with our secondary situation than with the front line.

Last edited:
Not saying it's the same injury, but like I said in the other thread isn't the way he walked off under support kind of like how Rosey Colvin walked off in '03 when he hurt his hip and was IR'd? Wouldn't be a good sign.

The Dline looked better without him.

Ninko will be missed if he's done. Lets cross our fingers. He's a play maker

Tough loss, potentially. Niko is a big part of the defense but hopefully Cunningham, Scott, and Francis can step up.

I wonder if we will also see Jake Bequette active for the playoffs if Ninko is sidelined the rest of the year?

Tough loss, potentially. Niko is a big part of the defense but hopefully Cunningham, Scott, and Francis can step up.

I wonder if we will also see Jake Bequette active for the playoffs if Ninko is sidelined the rest of the year?

Not a chance. History has shown us that if BB does not trust you in the regular season, you won't play in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Scott and Francis looked pretty good.

Not a chance. History has shown us that if BB does not trust you in the regular season, you won't play in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Scott and Francis looked pretty good.

But is it truly an issue of trust... or a numbers crunch as Scott, Francis, and Cunningham are ahead on the DC?

I would think Bequette can offer some pass rush in obvious passing situations, but I think that it is most likely a redshirt year for him as there seems to be enough depth behind Ninkovich.

So strange that it is a hip injury. From the way he was walking, you might think it was a left knee injury for sure. In any case, whatever he got does not bode well. I hope it is one of those I get when I overwork myself.

Hate to say it, but I can't see a guy who can't walk off the field by himself playing football within a month. Have to assume he's done.

Guess you've never seen a severe charley horse...

The Dline looked better without him.

No, it didn't. The Pats changed things up and started blitzing more and basically overwhelming the Phins O-line. Also, lets not overlook the fact that they didn't have Jake Long out there at OT.

BTW, since you haven't been paying attention, Ninkovich had 8 sacks, 5 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries on the season.. That's big production the Pats may be without.

Last edited:
Losing a starter and a top leader in the team's sacks department is never a good thing.

Its time for Cunningham to show us if he has it or not .... It may be his biggest spotlight on his short career now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots