PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Way to Get to Training Camp Without a Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacMan2006

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been posted before, but...

Me and my friend REALLY want to get to training camp this year (been wanting to go for years). We are shooting for this Friday. We reside in Boston and have easy access to the subway system.

My question is this...is there a way to get to training camp without a car? I can take the train from like South Station, right? Is it the Amtrack? I heard it doesn't go to the stadium on non-games, so...how does that work? Does it drop you off at a certain stop and you walk? Is it truly walkable, or would I have to call a taxi service and have them pick us up from there? How long would it take to get from that stop to the training camp?

And while I'm familiar with the Boston T system, I don't know Amtrack too well. How much would it cost us to go (roughly)? Will the trains run back and forth all day (because we might want to go see both the morning and afternoon practices). And lastly, do you have to buy tickets days in advance, or can I just show up on Friday very early in the morning and get a ticket quickly?

And if anyone knows any other ways to get to training camp without a car, I'd love to hear them. I'm not sure if there are any buses or shuttles. THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am employed by the MBTA, and the best way for you to get to training camp without a car would be to take the Franklin commuter train out of South Station and get off at the Walpole stop. From Walpole Center or the commuter rail stop you should be able to get a cab to take you to the stadium.

Last edited:
Sinista1 said:
I am employed by the MBTA, and the best way for you to get to training camp without a car would be to take the Franklin commuter train out of South Station and get off at the Walpole stop. From Walpole Center or the commuter rail stop you should be able to get a cab to take you to the stadium.

Don't forget that you have to get home though! Frankly, it's not easy.

Beg and plead someone to drive you or get a car. Other than that your only chouice is really a cab which can get expensive.

It's a decent bike ride, but you could do it! I used to get off at that Walpole stop all the time.

Thanks for the info, guys. So if we take the Franklin commuter rail from South Boston to the Walpole stop...how long do you think the actual train ride would be?

And is it walkable from Walpole to Gilette stadium?

How much is the commuter rail to get to Walpole...and do we have to buy the tickets in advance, or can we just show up at say...6:30 AM and get onto a 6:45 or 7:00AM train?

And lastly...let's say we wanted to try and make the AM practice...how much time should we give ourselves since it's NOT going to take us straight there?

Thanks.

Call the stadium, maybe they have a bus or something. Maybe there is a bus from Walpole to Foxboro. They are nearby, but walking distance? Look on a map, it's probably a good 4 miles.

Biking would be 25 miles or so. It would take maybe 2 hours tops if you're in decent condition. But you probably don't have a bike.

When you go to South Station, you buy tickets there. YOu may be able to buy them on the train, don't know.

Call the stadium, maybe they have a bus or something. Maybe there is a bus from Walpole to Foxboro. They are nearby, but walking distance? Look on a map, it's probably a good 4 miles.

Biking would be 25 miles or so. It would take maybe 2 hours tops if you're in decent condition. But you probably don't have a bike.

When you go to South Station, you buy tickets there. YOu may be able to buy them on the train, don't know.

I did see the plymouth/brockton bus there on Sunday so definitly give the stadium a call. if you cant do that it may even be cheaper to get a zip car or rent a car for the day when you take into consideration 2 round trip train tickets + round trip cab.

You can always catch a bus from South Station to Foxboro (R/T = $32) and walk or take a cab the final 4 - 5miles.

Thanks for the info. Are you sure about that bus from South Station to Foxboro? I ask because I've been trying to research different transportation methods to get to the training camp or at least close to it. And I haven't seen anything that mentions a bus service...

My suggestion:

Attachments

• 009791.jpg
    009791.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
if you and your firend happen to be 2 smoking hot chicks over the age of 18, i would be happy to give you a ride.

R_T26 said:
if you and your firend happen to be 2 smoking hot chicks over the age of 18, i would be happy to give you a ride.
What a freak!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey