Any watching Owens Press Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
I don't hate T.O.

I hate the media

I think Cuba Gooding Jr. should sue Owens for stealing the Rod Tidwell character from Jerry McGuire. I half expected Owens to turn to Jerry Jones and say "You're my ambassador of quawn, man."

Well, TO showed two new things tonight, at least things that I've never seen:

1. As soon as he got to the podium, he said he thanked God for the ability he has given him and allows him to do all these things he does out on the field (paraphrasing).

2. The crying.

My immediate thought was that the guy has sprung a leak. Remember the swallowing a bottle of pills and the 20 million reasons to live his to be fired later agent said?

He did help run Jeff Garcia and Steve Mariucci out of SF and he f'd up a good Philly team. Mariucci is no Belichick, but he's much better than the two subsequent coaches SF has brought in. I wouldn't take TO on my team if he came for free.

I feel bad for TO and Romeo oops I mean Romo.

I think to make them feel better I will send TO a gift basket of popcorn to make him feel better.

I did not see this yet but .... if true ...
how can anyone feel bad for TO? Just crazy ... the guy finally gets his
come upins ... crys ... and people feel bad for him? Figure that out?
Tears of feeling sorry for himself makes him a good guy now?
Please explain this?

Well, TO showed two new things tonight, at least things that I've never seen:

1. As soon as he got to the podium, he thanked God for the ability he has given him and allows him to do all these things he does out on the field (paraphrasing).

2. The crying.

My immediate thought was that the guy has sprung a leak. Remember the swallowing a bottle of pills and the 20 million reasons to live his to be fired later agent said?

He did help run Jeff Garcia and Steve Mariucci out of SF and he f'd up a good Philly team. Mariucci is no Belichick, but he's much better than the two subsequent coaches SF has brought in. I wouldn't take TO on my team if he came for free.

Please explain this?

Please explain this?

Karma...

Somewhere out in NFL Land, Mooch is sipping a cool one and thinking how sweet life is. ;)

Respects,

Karma...

Somewhere out in NFL Land, Mooch is sipping a cool one and thinking how sweet life is. ;)

Respects,

Re: TO starts crying

I saw it on ESPN News, and was laughing like crazy. What a Doofus. He deserves getting his heart ripped out for all the smack and cr*p he's talked the past few years. Bye bye Chump

They should interview D McNabb about TO crying. LOL

It's not smack talk to TO (like the popcorn quote). He views the NFL as equal part sport and entertainment and that he's an entertainer and not just a football player. He's a showman. It's a performance, a shtick. I don't hate on TO. He's a hard worker. I hear that he can be *****y if he doesn't get his catches, but that could be just mediot crap like what they said about Randy Moss that proved to be total crap.

I don't hate T.O.

I hate the media

In light of how we saw the media go after Belichick and turn even the smallest things (like the handshake) into huge controvercies, I've got no bad feelings towards T.O.

The guy is clearly not the sharpest dude in the world and he could certainly help himself out a lot by acting smarter but the truth is that when the media sets their sights on you, it's hard to come out unscathed.

Just look what they're doing to Romo. It's ridiculous. It's nobodies business who he dates. If he wants to date Jessica Simpson, power to him.

This society is soooooo freakin stupid. That's the real problem. It's ironic though. Watching the whole spygate thing from the perspective of a Patriots fan really has made us smarter than everyone else. It's like we've all been freed from the Matrix's control while everyone else is still a "battery slave".

I don't take any pleasure in seeing an athlete cry in defeat or in someone's death. I guess it doesn't hit home until its one of your own.

Ummmmmm, I get what you are trying to say, but let's not go equating a "football loss", with the death of human being. Almost all of us have been athletes or, at the very least, hardy Patriots fan and lost some important "game" (last years AFCCC comes to mind). Others have suffered through the loss of someone close to them. They ain't zackly in the same ballpark.

Like I said, I get what your saying, but you are overstating it a bit.

Oh yeah, btw, TO is big p*ssy. Man up, dood.... you lost.

This must have been what he was talking about when he said "Get your popcorn ready."

anyone got a link to a video... I gotta see it

TO " I Love me some ME"

Yes he is good, but he just can't shut his mouth!!!!
Humble Pie......

I saw the PC. I give him some credit for not throwing anyone under the bus at least

Between the lines, T.O. always puts it all out on the line. We often criticize him for his selfish antics after the game, therefore I will not mock him when I see genuine emotion. Romo honestly did not play poorly in this game and I respect T.O. for his remarks.

P.S. I do think T.O. can be a team killer and I do not want him on my team, however what he showed in the press conference was admirable and made me respect T.O. more then I have in some time.

Not sure which game you watched, or if you watched. In the fourth quarter Romo essentially had a meltdown. Took two costly sacks, incurred an intentional grounding penalty, visibly lost it arguing with the refs, which likely effected his teamates, and made a couple of poor choices and/or ill advised thows. On the day, 201 yards but just over 50% completion rate with a TD and a pick. Versus a guy who had 2 TD's and no picks. That's not a good day, let alone with HFA throughout in the post season.

He just started crying when talking about the media blaming his teammate Tony Romo for the loss.

OMG T.O. pulling an LT postgame!

He is crying like a little girl with a skinned knee and ****.

"GETCHA GOLF CLUBS READY!!!"

Wow, TO interview, he's going Vermiel

They asked him about Tony Romo,

He says you guys will talk about his vacation and blame him, and that aint fair.

Next thing I know he repeats himself but this time he is freaking crying saying "that isn't fair, he's my teamate."

And I don't just mean tears, I mean wimpering and everything.

We are going to be seeing replays of that for a long time I bet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill