Welcome to PatsFans.com

Any TV network have video of the mocking dance?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Jan 15, 2007.

1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I watched Ladanian on TV go after a Patriots player before being retrained but did not see anywhere on the netwokrs where they caught the mock dance in action - I can believe with all the cameras that were on the game and from the media that they missed this?

2. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +37 / 5 / -3

Just saw it on NFL network with Jim Mora on the Point After. They paused the video, Hobbs was in the backround on the helmet logo doing the Merriman dance and LT walks straight past Faulk who tries to shake his hand and goes after Hobbs. Then he gets caught up in a throng of people, Marty, Rivers(I think), Hawkins and Samuel. Caldwell was trying to hold him back. That was really it. It was so stupid of LT he overreacted pathetically.

To be honest I didnt know if the Hawk and Asante were smack talking LT, they seemed like it while Caldwell was holding him back.

Wish I had the video :(

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm hoping to see it myself. It looked like Artrell was trying to congratulate him on a good game and LT got all huffy.

4. rainmaker

rainmaker Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They just showed on NFL network why LT was pissed off. One Pat (maybe Hobbs) was in the middle of the field doing the Merriman dance. There was no organized team sack dance celebration. And where the hell do they expect the Pats players to celebrate anyways? They're supposed to head to the middle of the field to shake hands. Totally overeaction and sore loser comments by LT.

5. Mr. Ray Dehaiter

Mr. Ray Dehaiter Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LT was walking up to shake hands, saw Hobbs doing the dance on the lighting bolt at mid field and started taking off toward him. Caldwell and Asante were both trying to hold him back.

Chalk it up as 2 opposite emotions on both sides. There was a video of it somewhere.

6. Bill B.

Bill B. Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If Tomlinson doesn't like dancing, he should tell his teammate to quit doing it. Merriman disrespects his opponents every time he does it. If you are going to dish it out, you should be prepared to take it. Or, if you want to dance, you have to pay the piper.

7. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

8. patsfan1971

patsfan1971 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

9. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So Hobbs was the only one doing it.

Proves the national pundits are full of it when they say it was an organized and premeditated thing that Belichick had to know about.

10. Remix 6

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

^hahahah TROY = HERO

Spann was saying soemthing ... Warren said: soem people crack unda pressure

Ty for the video man. im watching it like 10x in a row

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  11. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,353 / 10 / -7

#75 Jersey

OK, summation:

1) It was ONE (1) Patriot doing it. Not the team, not the coaches. Shame on LT, Phillips, Rivers, etc. for turning into a "team has no class" deal. The LT attack on BB is obviously Captain Ahab's frustration with the whale. BB is the boogeyman and seems to have just gotten under LT's skin. I think LT would want to have that comment taken back.

2) Shame on Ellis Hobbs. I'm not going to sit here and excuse him for acting like a juvenile idiot just because he plays for New England. I can't stand sack dances and ridiculous TD celebrations, but they take play during the game. When the game is over, act like a man and shake the other teams' hand. Ellis Hobbs did not act like a man. If I know the New England Patriots, he will be talked to about this.

3) On to Indianapolis.

12. fillylabinga

fillylabinga Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It certainly looks like Hobbs was the only one doing the dance. I'll agree--it wasn't the classiest of moves on his part. But it's just one (young) guy.

He was in an intense atmosphere. The Chargers had clearly game-planned to throw the ball his way (how many plays went at Asante all game? 2? 3?). Hobbs came up really big with good tackling and a bunch of passes defensed.

Given the size of the stage, this was arguably his best game as a Patriot. I'm giving him a pass on this one...

13. Koettbulle

Koettbulle Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Look at the Vrabel sack in the first q, it sure looks like he is doing the infamous dance afterwards.

14. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Spann was yelling Lights OUT! Hey, he can say it, that hit on Parker allowed us to get a FG.

15. Remix 6

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

he said lights out and then something about comin home as a winna

suprised Caldwell stayed quiet and CD

16. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I was at the game and watched the whole thing. It was only Hobbs.

17. BoTown

BoTown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Still no video...

18. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +74 / 4 / -3

If you're going to get on Hobbs, you have to get on a lot more players than that. Hobbs was the only one that did the Merriman dance, but there were a LOT of other players celebrating at midfield. I saw Hobbs fly into someone's arms who started jumping up and down. A LOT of players were going crazy in celebration at that point.

Hey, no one got on Paxton for doing a snow angel, did they?

I too wish he hadn't done it but in the end, I'm not going to engage in this argument about mimicking Merriman's dance. That's the only thing Hobbs did differently, because a lot of other Patriots were whooping and hollering and jumping up and down at midfield.

19. PShwa

PShwa Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hobbs wasn't the only one to do it.

I saw Colvin and Vince doing it, too. Albeit not on the Midfield logo, but off to the side.

Troy is the man, his version of it in the tunnel was gold -> see sig, haha.

20. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Im so sick of the celebration talk, it has taken away of a great playoff victory.. All the talk shows talk about, is how the whole team disrepected the Chargers.. They celebrated a great playoff win.. And one Patriot did the stupid dance at mid field... So sick of it...

But on the plus side , it could mean we are just flying along and coming in for the kill at the RCA Dome...