PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any teams have 2 first rounders next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddell1

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Who did Cleveland get the extra (Brady Quinn) draft pick from? Or was that their only one? Anyway does any team have 2 #1's next year that might be interested in a top 5 pick?

Who did Cleveland get the extra (Brady Quinn) draft pick from? Or was that their only one? Anyway does any team have 2 #1's next year that might be interested in a top 5 pick?

Cleveland traded it to Dallas....
Who knows, maybe they'd be interested and being in the the conference, they're a more likely trading partner......

wow. I think Jerry Jones would be foolish enough to give up 2 picks in the 20's for a top 5 pick. That would give the pats something along the lines of the 22nd and 29th (My guess) pick.

Cowboys have 2

and supposedly Jerry Jones loves McFadden. Isn't Jones from Arkansas?

He deals Julius Jones, keeps Barber, and adds McFadden.

I was thinking the Pats drop a few spots and bank a 2nd rounder, then a few more for a 2nd or 3rd.

So, if I were any GM in the NFL, I would refuse to trade with NE. You just about always end up looking like a fool.

2001: Baltimore takes Kyle Boller. New England take Eugene Wilson and Vince Wilfork

2002: Green Bay acquires Terry Glenn. New England drafts Jarvis Green and Asante Samuel (!!). Glenn leaves GB after one season.

2003: New Orleans acquires Tebucky Jones for three picks. The Pats draft Dan Klecko, Tully Banta-Cain and Dexter Reid. Tebucky bolts NO for Miami after two seasons, and eventually re-signs with NE.

2003: Miami drafts OT Wade Smith (3rd). New England converts the pick into Corey Dillon.

2007: Maimi draft OC Samson Satele (2nd) and DE Arbaham Wright (7th). New England lands Wes Welker.

2007: San Francisco drafts OT Joe Staley (1st). New England gets the SF 1st(2008) plus Randy Moss. Good god.

Last edited:
So, if I were any GM in the NFL, I would refuse to trade with NE. You just about always end up looking like a fool.

As one Bills fan told me when we were discussing Bledsoe, "I hate to admit it, but I have come to realize when the Patriots let a player go, it is either because he is in decline or is demanding more money than his performance is worth."

Trade with Pats you always wind up on the short side of the deal.

I was thinking the Pats drop a few spots and bank a 2nd rounder, then a few more for a 2nd or 3rd.

How many draft picks do you see making the squad? We've already got two 3's.

With the Pats losing their first round pick, Miami will probably pick 1 and 32. Not a first round pick, but 2 in the top 32 nonetheless.

With the Pats losing their first round pick, Miami will probably pick 1 and 32. Not a first round pick, but 2 in the top 32 nonetheless.

I would worry about that with their recent 1st round selections.

Here's all the traded draft picks so far....

http://www.gbnreport.com/trades.htm

In the first round, the Pats have SF, SF has Indy's, and Dallas has Clevelands.

Do not forget that the Pats have Oakland's 3rd round pick, which is shaping up to be quite high.

Do not forget that the Pats have Oakland's 3rd round pick, which is shaping up to be quite high.
Yeah, although our #2s and #3s have been spotty, a very high #3 is no laughing matter - the way we like to draft CB in that range I could see a CB who develops into a starter there. Hobbs was a #3, Samuel was a #4.

.... a very high #3 is no laughing matter - the way we like to draft CB in that range I could see a CB who develops into a starter there. Hobbs was a #3, Samuel was a #4.

Let it be so!

Just like the old Doublemint Gum commercials: "It's two, two, two busts in one."

I highly doubt we trade the pick for additional picks this year. A more likely scenario is that we move down to the 15 pick range and take their first round and third round pick next year. Something like that. It seems like a smarter move on our part anyway.

How about this

NE takes the # 4 pick overall

Trade for a 2007 first a 2008 first and a young stud lb currently in the leauge. That takes care of getting us younger at lb. It also provides us with a player who has been in the leauge for awhile and can take on the NE scheme. Then use the new mid level first on a corner, or draft best player available at that spot.

Use our second on a corner , the Oak third on a corner or saftey. Use our third on a rb. Spend the fourth on a offensive linemen, use the rest of the picks on depth / developmental projects.

That would be great imo

number four = 2008, 2009 first, stud lb.

Barber's a RFA. Maybe they get a high tender and use it to move up to get their guy.

Unless the Patriots love whoever is on the board, and/or they think next year's draft is a bad one, I can definitely see them moving down this year for a 1st PLUS a high pick from that team in NEXT year's draft.

i.e. a 1 this year and a 2 next year, or a 1 and a 1, depending on how far back they move.

Good God indeed.

You msised Drew Bledsoe for Ty Warren (more or less, we had to give up something to move from 14th to 13th in that draft).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes