PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any season ticket holders have any luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply not true, a good friend of mine has had ST for over 30 years
and has not gotten selected in any of the six SB's the Pats have
gone to.
Sure would like to know how they really distribute them..

No luck in 339. Nor have I ever got the chance to buy.

According to the stadium's website, "there are 63,400 permanent seats with the capability to expand to 73,000 seats for mega events."

The Patriots are alloted 17.5% of the available tickets, or 12,775 tickets. When the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl two years ago, they divided 75% of their allotment to season ticket holders. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002756372_hawktickets23.html

If the Patriots do the same, the Season Ticket holders should get 9581 tickets, or 4790 accounts get the option of buying two tickets each.

I have no idea how many season ticket holders there actually are. The Gillette Stadium capacity is 68,756. I'll guess that 64,000 of those tickets go to season ticket holders. The rest to visiting team, tickets that go on sale to the public, sponsors, and whatever else. If the average season ticket holder has 3 seats (i think the most common is some have 2 and others have 4), then there are a total of 21,333 season ticket holder accounts. Sounds very low though.

That would mean that 4790 of the 21,333 accounts get the option to buy two tickets, or 22.5%.

No one that I know has had the chance to buy tickets. Sitting in Section 339, no one that sits around me has either. I believe I heard somewhere that the ticket selection process is weighted by how long you've had tickets to reward the long-time fans. As much as I would like to go to the game, I think that is only fair that someone who has had their tickets for 30 years gets to go over someone that's had them for only 5 years.

The Super Bowl is no longer for fans. It is a place for stars to be seen and gawkers.

It never really was for the fans..always was for friends of the NFL -- Corporations, Sponsers, well offs', VIP's etc etc.

If you ever attend, it is worse than being amongst Patriot Red Seat people in a driving rainstorm, and quieter too.

It never really was for the fans..always was for friends of the NFL -- Corporations, Sponsers, well offs', VIP's etc etc.

If you ever attend, it is worse than being amongst Patriot Red Seat people in a driving rainstorm, and quieter too.

I went to 38 and 39 and had a blast. Was surrounded by fans from both teams both times, but I suppose the seats I could "afford" would put me among fellow fans anyway. I think being at the Super Bowl is an amazing experience that more than lives up to the hype -- it's the Disney World of football.

No luck.

I'm going anyway.

Face it, the AFCCG is the last game for the "real fans".

Lately it seems like everywhere you turn in this country, the little guy keeps getting shyt on. Maybe its always been that way, but its sickening.

I went to 38 and 39 and had a blast. Was surrounded by fans from both teams both times, but I suppose the seats I could "afford" would put me among fellow fans anyway. I think being at the Super Bowl is an amazing experience that more than lives up to the hype -- it's the Disney World of football.

I've gone to 36, 38 & 39 and had a blast all three times! However, my tales of the people around me in 38 & 39 will make those here even angrier. For all three I ended up surrounded mostly by fans of the other team (which was fine), but right next to us for 39 (vs. Philly) was a local politician from Jacksonville who came because his wife (his guest) wanted to see Paul McCartney. They left at half-time. For 38 (vs. Carolina) we had 4 southern young ladies next to us (all about 19 yrs old) who were some kind of debutantes who had no football knowledge and who came to see & be seen. They drank margaritas and also left at halftime. For 36 (vs. Rams) the guy next to me was a Dallas Cowboys fan who scalped a ticket after the game started for 1/2 price, but at least he was a football fan and watched the game. Carolina fans were the nicest. St. Louis fans were nice, but quiet. Philly fans were loud, arrogant & obnoxious (oooooh that "Fly Eagles Fly" crap), but they didn't give us any trouble. It was surreal during that game though when the Pats made a great play & I was the only one in the whole section standing & cheering (my husband refused to join me). I expected to get pelted with beer before the night was over but never did.

No luck. We have had seats since the last year in the old Foxboro Stadium. Buying nosebleed seats doesn't give us much chance. Kraft rewards the "fans" who spend the most money.

Sports is more for the corporate salesman who isn't even from New England. He gets to take or send his customers. It ticks me off but that's the way it is.

If you are in the right business then it would be pretty easy to get seats. It's who you know and what your connections are.

I spent thousands of my hard earned dollars to attend SB39. Not to mention time surfing the internet and making phone calls. My ex-girlfriend from Philly new husband went on the company tab. He got great seats and spent nothing I sat in the nose bleed. I'm not sure if he was even a big Eagles fan.

There is no justice in this country. Only those with money and those without.

I'll get off my soap box.

Last edited:

I have been to 31, 36, 38 & 39.... and am going this year as well ( I am blessed) While certainly there are fans from both sides and some real die hards (like me and you).....they tend to be found in the upper levels. The lower you go the more Corporate they become.

I have had the time of my life at each Superbowl going with my whole family - so, I have no complaints whatsoever.

If each home team gets 17% - that would mean the overwhelming majority are not fans of the competing teams.

No luck. We have had seats since the last year in the old Foxboro Stadium. Buying nosebleed seats doesn't give us much chance. Kraft rewards the "fans" who spend the most money.

Sports is more for the corporate salesman who isn't even from New England. He gets to take or send his customers. It ticks me off but that's the way it is.

If you are in the right business then it would be pretty easy to get seats. It's who you know and what your connections are.

I spent thousands of my hard earned dollars to attend SB39. Not to mention time surfing the internet and making phone calls. My ex-girlfriend from Philly new husband went on the company tab. He got great seats and spent nothing I sat in the nose bleed. I'm not sure if he was even a big Eagles fan.

There is no justice in this country. Only those with money and those without.

I'll get off my soap box.

I don't want to derail this thread into another tangent but you are right. Why these companies feel the need to kiss their customer's asses by giving them Superbowl tickets is beyond me. I have seen it at every company I have worked for.

Whatever happened to just having a good product and getting customers that way? These days its all about what gifts or kickbacks someone can get.

The life of a Patriots Super Bowl ticket is that some corporation who owns club seats for bribing customers to use their product will give the tickets to one of their best customers who will then either scalp it with a broker or give it to some vice president and his bratty little kids so they can go and then leave at halftime.

You know what the funny part is? Even the face value of Super Bowl tickets is outrageous. What is it like $700? Even that is out of reach for the average fan.

You know what the funny part is? Even the face value of Super Bowl tickets is outrageous. What is it like $700? Even that is out of reach for the average fan.

Interestingly, I think the high face value is actually keeping the price of tickets on the secondary market low.

Prices are dropping like a stone right now. The reason, just going by ebay, is supply. There are at least 500 pairs on there right now. People can be discriminating. In prior years, there has been nothing like this kind of supply.

I think one of the reasons contributing to the supply is that pretty much all of the regular guys who got tickets are selling them. Between the NFL lottery and the Cardinals season ticket holder lottery, there were about 7,000 tickets allocated to common people from just those two sources. I think in years past when tickets were closer to $300, and even last year when the cheaper seats were like $500, people who won tickets would actually go to the game. Now everybody is selling. $1400 is too big of an investment unless you're a fan of one of the two teams.

Ticket trends go up and down, but I think scalpers are going to get crushed this year.

Can anyone explain to me how I find out if I "won" the lottery or not? Season ticket holder since '94. I went on the Patriots website and could not find info about the super bowl ticket lottery anywhere. Where the heck is it?

My dad got tickets at face value but refuses to tell me how. :enranged: FWIW we moved to Ohio from Maine in 1997 so we are currently not season ticket holders either.

My dad got tickets at face value but refuses to tell me how. :enranged: FWIW we moved to Ohio from Maine in 1997 so we are currently not season ticket holders either.

Is his last name Soprano? hehe

17 years and not a wiff of getting tkts..

My dad has had season tix since 1972. NEVER hit a lottery. We got tix in '86 cause all season tix got them (since there were hardly any and NO club seats). Got them again in '97 through someone who worked at the stadium. Got them in '02 from a relative who DID hit the lottery and couldn't make it, and then have been shut out up till now. (No lottery, but a VERY good friend.) With just 17% of the tickets going to the team, and then once the team, coaches, personnel, and club & luxury owners get their cut, there's just simply nothing left for the "regular" fan who only spends a "lousy" FEW THOUSAND on their measly "normal" season tickets. Every club seat owner I know took their two tix and are trying to resell them for 4 or 5 thousand a piece (AND THEY'RE GETTING IT!). They feel it's their RIGHT since they pay such a high amount for the club seats as it is. Kind of a way to re-coop SOME of their $$ or at least pay for a season or two of club seats. All bull crap as far as I'm concerned. I don't have a problem with luxury & club people getting tix automatically, but I DO have a problem with them simply trying to make a PROFIT off it. If you can't go, you shouldn't be able to get them. The Pats don't seem to have a problem going after the REGULAR season tix holders when THEY sell their tix (ala StubHub lawsuit). It's funny that they don't seem AS CONCERNED when their CLUB patrons do the same thing. It should be, if you want your tix, you can pick them up AT THE GATE in Arizona with a picture ID period.

My dad has had season tix since 1972. NEVER hit a lottery. We got tix in '86 cause all season tix got them (since there were hardly any and NO club seats). Got them again in '97 through someone who worked at the stadium. Got them in '02 from a relative who DID hit the lottery and couldn't make it, and then have been shut out up till now. (No lottery, but a VERY good friend.) With just 17% of the tickets going to the team, and then once the team, coaches, personnel, and club & luxury owners get their cut, there's just simply nothing left for the "regular" fan who only spends a "lousy" FEW THOUSAND on their measly "normal" season tickets. Every club seat owner I know took their two tix and are trying to resell them for 4 or 5 thousand a piece (AND THEY'RE GETTING IT!). They feel it's their RIGHT since they pay such a high amount for the club seats as it is. Kind of a way to re-coop SOME of their $$ or at least pay for a season or two of club seats. All bull crap as far as I'm concerned. I don't have a problem with luxury & club people getting tix automatically, but I DO have a problem with them simply trying to make a PROFIT off it. If you can't go, you shouldn't be able to get them. The Pats don't seem to have a problem going after the REGULAR season tix holders when THEY sell their tix (ala StubHub lawsuit). It's funny that they don't seem AS CONCERNED when their CLUB patrons do the same thing. It should be, if you want your tix, you can pick them up AT THE GATE in Arizona with a picture ID period.

I was thinking about 1986 as I read this thread...there were very few season ticket holders. I had one seat and my father had one seat. We each got two tickets to the Super Bowl. Face value was $75.00. It was all very surreal.

As we know Bob Kraft was one of those season ticket holders. I know there are not enough tickets to go to everyone but there should be a more equitable way of distributing them. Kraft must remember the thrill of receiving those tickets in 1986.

season ticket holders/superbowl ticket question

im a season holder and i cant find where to enter my account on the web site to tell if i won the drawing can somebody please link me

anybody have the link to where i can put my account # in to see if i won

I was thinking about 1986 as I read this thread...there were very few season ticket holders. I had one seat and my father had one seat. We each got two tickets to the Super Bowl. Face value was $75.00. It was all very surreal.

As we know Bob Kraft was one of those season ticket holders. I know there are not enough tickets to go to everyone but there should be a more equitable way of distributing them. Kraft must remember the thrill of receiving those tickets in 1986.

He dosnt care about anyone but his red seat boys
thanks Krafty BOB

Here let me help you out

Super Bowl XLII Ticket Lottery

Your account was not selected in the Super Bowl XLII lottery. Thank you for your continued support of the New England Patriots and Gillette Stadium.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back