PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any season ticket holders have any luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Pacman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
what percentage of holders win the lottery?
My family has three different sections of seat and have not won any in any sb.

No luck in 339. Nor have I ever got the chance to buy.

According to the stadium's website, "there are 63,400 permanent seats with the capability to expand to 73,000 seats for mega events."

The Patriots are alloted 17.5% of the available tickets, or 12,775 tickets. When the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl two years ago, they divided 75% of their allotment to season ticket holders. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002756372_hawktickets23.html

If the Patriots do the same, the Season Ticket holders should get 9581 tickets, or 4790 accounts get the option of buying two tickets each.

I have no idea how many season ticket holders there actually are. The Gillette Stadium capacity is 68,756. I'll guess that 64,000 of those tickets go to season ticket holders. The rest to visiting team, tickets that go on sale to the public, sponsors, and whatever else. If the average season ticket holder has 3 seats (i think the most common is some have 2 and others have 4), then there are a total of 21,333 season ticket holder accounts. Sounds very low though.

That would mean that 4790 of the 21,333 accounts get the option to buy two tickets, or 22.5%.

No one that I know has had the chance to buy tickets. Sitting in Section 339, no one that sits around me has either. I believe I heard somewhere that the ticket selection process is weighted by how long you've had tickets to reward the long-time fans. As much as I would like to go to the game, I think that is only fair that someone who has had their tickets for 30 years gets to go over someone that's had them for only 5 years.

Last edited:
Nobody that I know has had any luck either. Great info in your post; gives a good perspective of the numbers. The Patriots, however have Club and Suite members who can automatically purchase tickets so they need to be deducted from the total that go up in the lottery. If I had to venture a guess, I would say that the Pats put up less than 1000 tickets for the general seating lottery considering the Premium members and all of the other corporate and special groups.

Nobody that I know has had any luck either. Great info in your post; gives a good perspective of the numbers. The Patriots, however have Club and Suite members who can automatically purchase tickets so they need to be deducted from the total that go up in the lottery. If I had to venture a guess, I would say that the Pats put up less than 1000 tickets for the general seating lottery considering the Premium members and all of the other corporate and special groups.

Karen - I think you have it about right. We have had the tickets in my family since 1971 - my name since 1983.

Bears - No problem, we were selected.

Packers - same thing.

Rams - I was selected as well.

Nothing since the new stadium.....my understanding is every two seats held by a Club seat account guarantees one ticker. Plus all Suite holders get tickets as well.

Simply not enough to go around and that is OK - fair is fair. I still have managed to be lucky enough to get to all the Superbowls and we will be going to AZ this time as well!!

I saw when Teddy B. made his way over to you yesterday - what did he say??

No luck here.

No luck again and not surprised . . . 0-5 now in Super Bowl lotteries

Last time the Patriots were in the Super Bowl in Jax, I remember seeing on TV when fans were picking up their tickets at Gillette that approximately 2,000 tickets were made available Patriots Season Ticket Holders. I don't have a source, just my memory, which is why I didn't post it earlier.

If this remains the same for Glendale, that means that 1,000 Season Ticket Holders could by 2 seats. Estimating the amount of season ticket holders is closer to 17,000, that would mean each account would have a 1,000 in 17,000 chance of being selected, or 1 in 17 (5.9%) chance of being selected.

This is assuming there is no weighting, which I think there is.

I saw when Teddy B. made his way over to you yesterday - what did he say??

Those are Zip's seats. (I'm in 313.) Tedy came over to the banner after the game and gave Zip a T-shirt :) I used to go down to the banner after the games for the handshake and sometimes I sat down there when Zip was in his wheelchair but haven't been down at all this season. So, I haven't seen/talked to Tedy since Training Camp.

I've had season tickets since 1994 and have yet to hit on the lottery. :(

Also in 339.
Also struck out.

Five superbowls no tickets not sure how it works but thers has to be a better way, if you get them one year you should be off the list for the next time I know many long time ticket holders in the same boat.

we did not win them either But I would like to here from any club seat holders or the 1or 2 regular season ticket holders who did get them and when they were told/how to pick them up so I will know when to expect to see them up for sale so I can buy them at a premium but not gouging price,we are willing to buy a couple at up to 3300 for the pair pm me if you don't want to say it here thanks.

GO PATS

I have been a season ticket holder since 1984
i bought the tickets when i was in college

so thats 6 super bowls and no tickets

must be because i'm from connecticut

Thanks Bob:mad: :mad:make sure you get your corperate boys tickets from the red seats when i was outside freezeing my nuts off

Last edited:
Club seat holders have the first option of buying Super Bowl tickets which reduces the number for regular season ticket holders.

I won for the Houston SB but could only buy 2 seats from 4 season tickets. No luck this time.

Giants fans will bid up the market significantly for scalped seats.

what percentage of holders win the lottery?
My family has three different sections of seat and have not won any in any sb.

We've had tix for 15 years and have struck out 3 times so far.

No luck here either. Never won since 1993.

nice atricle in todays herald,Like I said previously,regular season ticket holders don't have a chance,also why don't they force the club seat owners to pick up the super bowl tickets at the event,that way it will prevent the one I talked to today that wanted 8 GRAND for the 2 that he got just my 2 cents

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1068404
great point, these red seats get the tickets and I would assume more than half sell them for profit....hey no beef but that does suck that the common man gets removed from the auction and then given the high hard ones off the chin be the chosen ones

The Super Bowl is no longer for fans. It is a place for stars to be seen and gawkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots