PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any questions 4 me during the past 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
=======================================================

So you are saying there is nothing the Jets or any other team can do to influence the Samuels situation, becuase thats the way I see it, I think the franchise tag this year and maybe the following also, becuase I do not think that the Patsa show a good histry of retaining players who want big money or make statements like "get paid".

The Patriots dont like to retain players that think they are better than the whole. I'm almost 100% positive that the Jets will start doing the same thing eventually when some of your mainstream players start to become free agents.

But if the Jets were to somehow get involved in negotiations again with a Patriots player when if franchise tag mode then the patriots could further there case for tampering and could eventually cost your team draft picks.

So i doubt the Jets throw there cards into someone elses hat again.

Cut - no
Take a pay cut - possible
Retire - probable
Miguel, do you have a feel for the Dillon cap situation if he retired ? I remember he had a weird split contract so I don't even want to guess. I do see that he has a cap hit of $4.4 a year for 3 more years and it looks like $3.5M left in signing bonus.

Would we save $900K in 2007 then the whole $4.4M each of the next two years or is it more complicated ?

Cut - no
Take a pay cut - possible
Retire - probable

Back from Tedy??Only if they ask for the money back. What are the chances of that?? I say none. Will the Patriots gain cap space if he retires even without asking Tedy to return some of his signing bonus money?? Yes.

ya i meant cap space. the guy deserves his money

I have been in Indy since Saturday. I did not have Internet access during my time there.
Does Artrell Hawkins looks as slow live as he does on television?

Miguel, do you have a feel for the Dillon cap situation if he retired ? I remember he had a weird split contract so I don't even want to guess. I do see that he has a cap hit of $4.4 a year for 3 more years and it looks like $3.5M left in signing bonus.

Would we save $900K in 2007 then the whole $4.4M each of the next two years or is it more complicated ?

That's the way I figure it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back