PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any player cuts as of yet? [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Dolphins release nine players

They're either washed-up vets or no-name scrubs.

The Pats are in serious trouble if they have to gobble up scraps like

these guys. Better they re-sign a few of their own guys before free

agency begins.

Re: Any player cuts as of yet? [merged]

Morgan and Wahle by the Panthers, too.

Roy Manning (special team LB) by Bengals.

Well I guess we can start the "Sign Dan Morgan" threads.

Well I guess we can start the "Sign Dan Morgan" threads.

Was thinking the same thing ... still though, he would be a classic BB signing. As much as everyone wants to get younger at LB, "younger" is relative; for the past 7 years it's pretty clear BB likes to keep an ongoing cycle of 28-35 yo LBs.

I've always believed that if Morgan could stay healthy he would be one of the best LBs in the league.

Concussions are a *****.

Was thinking the same thing ... still though, he would be a classic BB signing. As much as everyone wants to get younger at LB, "younger" is relative; for the past 7 years it's pretty clear BB likes to keep an ongoing cycle of 28-35 yo LBs.

Except there's no way the Pats will sign Morgan. He is simply unable to play football at this point.

Parcells still has absolutely no semblance of a good QB and there won't be any on the market.

(Save for Derek Anderson, who would require a 1st/3rd round pick though)

So the 2008 Dolphins QB will be...

A) Cleo Lemon
B) John Beck
C) A unproven rookie QB
D) A horrible free agent pick up.

Or

E) Drew Bledsoe

I think that would be consistent with Parcells' track record.

Morgan's one of the most solid MLBs in the league. But his concussion problems are so severe that he probably won't ever play football again. Wahle was a Pro Bowler in Green Bay, but I don't think he's better than anyone the Patriots have already.

Morgan's one of the most solid MLBs in the league. But his concussion problems are so severe that he probably won't ever play football again. Wahle was a Pro Bowler in Green Bay, but I don't think he's better than anyone the Patriots have already.

He actually missed 2007 because of an Achilles injury, not concussions. Doesn't mean concussions aren't a problem, but worth mentioning.

He actually missed 2007 because of an Achilles injury, not concussions. Doesn't mean concussions aren't a problem, but worth mentioning.
I thought it was an ankle injury...and it was in November when he was on IR...so he played some..He might be part of the ILB puzzle..he's not old..30 this year..so?? Not bad look see...at this point..

Just an opinion, but if we sign Morgan, I doubt very much that it will happen any time soon. He'll be waiting for the next few weeks for something to give him a decent offer. If he doesn't get one, then he'll be forced to accepting a minimum deal.

Dan Morgan has had his brains scrambled by having so many concussions. He should not be allowed back on the field and any team that signs him and lets him play would be to blame when he has more trouble when he inevitably suffers another concussion. After the Ted Johnson situation I really dont think Belichick would take a risk with an LB with a double digit concussion history.

I don't think they like the idea of guys coming off bad injuries either, as they got burned dealing for Duane Starks. They didn't pursue Al Wilson either, who would have been a great addition to the team had they felt it was worth the risk to sign him.

Re: Trent Green, Booker among nine cuts by rebuilding Dolphins

I'm interested in seeing what Parcells does with that 1st pick and who jumps at it.

Re: Trent Green, Booker among nine cuts by rebuilding Dolphins

weird, I thought L.J. Shelton was doing good over there

The Pats are in serious trouble if they have to gobble up scraps like

these guys. Better they re-sign a few of their own guys before free

agency begins.

Filling a spot or two with a cheap veteran will allow them to sign who they need to.

They're going to have to be cute with the draft picks and bargains, they have some very large present and future contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back