PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Pats vs. Bengals analysis out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirtsleeve

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Knowing that there are some brilliant statisticians and anylists out there, how do we match up against them? How do we compare in key stats such as penalties/yds, third down conv. for and against, and turnovers?

To the untrained eye, it seems we have the edge when the Bengals run, when we run, and its a push when we throw. But when they throw, the advantage is theirs. Why I think we match up well is that the lines match up well against theirs. Our backs match well against their linebackers and our backers (sans Jr against the run) match up against their backs and a still recovering qb. But our receivers dont match up well with their secondary and their receivers far outmatch our secondary.

It also seems that they dominate in the key stats....

Nothing much to anaylze, Bengals pass for 300+ yards Patriots look horrid on offense yet again.

The back to back losses streak comes to an end. Bengals win handily as much as I hate to say it.

I'd love nothing more but then to be wrong and have guys rip me apart on these forums for being so negative. I'm just calling it the way I see it.

ESPN's Scouts Preview was pretty good this week. Not perfect, but OK.

I watched the Steelers vs Bengals game again tonight. It was amazing how the Steelers dominated the stats going into the 4th qtr. They had more passing and rushing yardage then Cinci. Willie parker ran like mad on Cinci but got tired by the 4th so they put in Veron Haynes in. Cinci could not stop the run and Big Ben had way too much time to pass. The Bengals also allowed like 6 sacks. Cinci won by capitalizing on Steeler turnovers. Otherwise, Steelers win and this week's game doesn't seem so impossible to win. I actually believe Denver is a better all around team then Cinci and if the Pats play their "A" game we can win it. Anything less and Cinci takes it at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes