PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Notre Damn talent coming out this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I was just thinking about it as I read something from Mel Kiper. He talks of an Irish tight end who is falling because of the 3-9 season the irish had last year.

Might this be the year that we get a good talent from Notre Dame...If they are dropping in the draft due to their record than maybe Weis can let us know who is dropping but should not be. Maybe we have a chance for a steal.

Tom Zbikowski is all I can name off the top of my head.

DL Trevor Laws looked good at the Senior Bowl but at 6'1", 295 he isn't really a fit for us. Tom Zbikowski could be a fit as a mostly run stopping Safety who is a tough guy and can return punts. Probably a good backup for a SB contender but I could see us having some interest in him.

I was just thinking about it as I read something from Mel Kiper. He talks of an Irish tight end who is falling because of the 3-9 season the irish had last year.

Might this be the year that we get a good talent from Notre Dame...If they are dropping in the draft due to their record than maybe Weis can let us know who is dropping but should not be. Maybe we have a chance for a steal.
i dont think any one on that team could make my sons pop warner team

Sullivan was rated high at center in the pre-season but now he's rated as a 4th -5th rounder. Don't know if this is due to injury or what.

I don't think any player willbe down graded because of the teams record. The record means nothing ot the NFL teams. Player performance is potential is the things that matter.

Patrick Willis played for a bad Ole Miss team and it didn't hurt him.

If he's worth drafting, I'm sure BB will get the inside scoop from Weis.

Carlson the TE is a very good receiver and blocker

Re: Any Notre Dame talent coming out this year?

Was going to start a thread from an article I just read this am. Has opinions from Kiper and Mayock on 4 prospects:

Carlson, Laws, Zbikowski and Sullivan

IMO, Laws and Zbikowski have great intangibles. Difficult to say if that's enough to overcome any of their negatives. We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes