PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any news on rookie jersey numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Benjamin Watson was in the low 40s. :rocker:

Man I'm a pats fan but I can't wait to get my D'Brickashaw Fergusen Jersey, I think thats definately going to be a hot item this fall hahahaha.

I think there should be no exceptions for numbers, its an identification system for the officials. Reggie Bush is going to be paid obscene amounts of money like most other high profile players, he can suffer with a 20-49 number like everyone else.

PatsChick87 said:
I thought the numbers weren't set until after training camps? Didn't we have some #a's(ex-10a, or 15a) and such until after cuts? Anyone know how this works?
I don't remember ever seeing a number and letter combo, but if your #15a, I doubt many people are paying attention to you.
There are always a few guys who change after the last round of cuts when the most numbers are available. But mostly its guys who were late rounders or UDFA who weren't sure that they were going to stick (linebackers in the 40's and such). High picks usually get first dibs since they sign first.

PatsChick87 said:
I thought the numbers weren't set until after training camps? Didn't we have some #a's(ex-10a, or 15a) and such until after cuts? Anyone know how this works?

Without aenough numbers early in TC, what they did was give out the same number to a defensive player and an offensive player. But they were distinguishable because the O wore white and the D wore blue (or was it vice versa?) So there were 10W(hite) or 15B(lue)

And the non-hittables (guys coming back from injury, and QBs, wore red)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes