Status
Not open for further replies.

Leemo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So? Any News?

Leemo said:
So? Any News?

I've heard nothing from the Patriots, but in a twist of irony, Vince Young of the Titans has been assigned his Wonderlic score number.

JoeSixPat said:
I've heard nothing from the Patriots, but in a twist of irony, Vince Young of the Titans has been assigned his Wonderlic score number.
Young is #10 it seems, from Titans official website. His Wonderlic score was 7.

Wasn't Chad Jackson petitioning the league office about the new WR number restrictions? He said that his number 8 had a special meaning to him from a past tragedy or something, I think. Maybe that is the hold-up.

Bush isnt wearing #1..thats just his draft # meaning he was chosen in 1st round..same with the huff jersey you saw and some others

Remix 6 said:
does it? i know hes wearing 24 but on this it symbolizes 1st rounder
It changed in the middle of the day from #1 to #24. My guess is that they wanted to get as many jerseys up there as quickly as possible and filled the numbers in later. I bet tommorrow they'll have Leinart jerseys up there now that he's on the Cardinals website holding up a #7 and add the Pats rookies as soon as they figure out what numbers they want.

so bush can wear #1?
He's petitioning the league to get #5, but rules are that he needs something in the 20-40's and Jackson has to be in the teens or 80's. Jackson doesn't have much to choose from if he doesn't want a teen number though: 85, 86, 88 and 89 are the only ones I think are open (correct me if I'm wrong). I doubt either gets their single digit numbers. Edge tried for #5 coming out of college and got denied. You know that the league isn't going to break the rule for just anyone, cause it would just open the floodgates (think of all the wideouts who want #1).

Justice said:
Jackson doesn't have much to choose from if he doesn't want a teen number though: 85, 86, 88 and 89 are the only ones I think are open (correct me if I'm wrong).
#89 is retired.

#88 makes the most sense.

Higher is better on the wonderlic, right? Because I mean...Maroney got a 30

89 is retired. There's a good chance 81 could be open by the end of training camp.

zippo59 said:
89 is retired. There's a good chance 81 could be open by the end of training camp.

Hey! No hatin' on my boy Bethel!

pats1 said:
Hey! No hatin' on my boy Bethel!

Believe me, I would be ecstatic if he decided to make something of himself.

zippo59 said:
Believe me, I would be ecstatic if he decided to make something of himself.
Same here... but don't count on it. Bethel just doesn't get it.

and hes injury prone..not only with us but read this

Missed part of 1999 spring drills with a right elbow sprain … Sat out the 1999 Oklahoma State clash with a right foot sprain … Suffered a left wrist sprain in a 2000 mid-May workout … Ruptured his spleen in the 2001 Wyoming contest, missing the final eight games … Had additional surgery in the Summer of 2002 to remove an intestinal

nfl.com says

with us..broke his leg or something and missed off season before this season..had a hammy i believe too.

his speed..his potential was all there..they said he was polished..good burst.quick.

his negatives were may not be dedicated to game..hasnt put in extra time to improve.

Remix 6 said:
his negatives were may not be dedicated to game..hasnt put in extra time to improve.

That's for sure.

I thought the numbers weren't set until after training camps? Didn't we have some #a's(ex-10a, or 15a) and such until after cuts? Anyone know how this works?

Hendrix said:
Higher is better on the wonderlic, right? Because I mean...Maroney got a 30

Wow, 30 is a great score. I think Brady had a 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes