Any news on Maroney or Vrabel yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What's the latest if any news...thanks

There's no way to know.

As BB always says, we'll know when the injury report comes out.

Last edited:
Maroney left the lockerroom early, not sure. Vrabes is fine, just a stinger type bell rung thing.

Last edited:
Just got home from the game and Maroney jogged with an assistant into the lockeroom in the middle of the first quarter.

He looked ok but i guess we wont know.

Vrabel walked under his own power with Tedy into the lockeroom and just before they hit the stairs Tedy ran back out to a section of the crowd.

Thought maybe a local sports had some info. The way BB hides his injury reports guess we'll know next Sunday

The following ESPN article said Maroney just had the wind knocked out of him and BB said he will be ok.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261203017

They also have a cool Brady and a hard-hitting Dillon, who led a mediocre running attack when rookie Laurence Maroney was sidelined for the game after having the wind knocked out of him in the first quarter. Coach Bill Belichick said "he's doing all right."

What about Artrell Hawkins?

He went down in the 4th quarter and I did not notice if he returned...

The following ESPN article said Maroney just had the wind knocked out of him and BB said he will be ok.

yes, but this is universally considered typical BB B.S. So...we still don't know.

Didn't BB say Rodney was "all right" after the Colts game?

Last edited:
Maroney left the lockerroom early, not sure. Vrabes is fine, just a stinger type bell rung thing.

I'm a Colts fan, but yeah-injuries is the LAST thing I want to see.

This is why I really, really enjoyed the Dallas/NY Giants game today-pretty much everyone came out unscathed.

Something I heard throught the grapevine

He strained a muscle in between his ribs(intercostal muscle)...which hurts like a *****, but he said after the game that he's fine. They just held him out to be cautious. He said it happened right before the half.

Re: Something I heard throught the grapevine

He strained a muscle in between his ribs(intercostal muscle)...which hurts like a *****, but he said after the game that he's fine. They just held him out to be cautious. He said it happened right before the half.

Attribution? Link?

I'm sorry, like I said, I heard it through the grapevine, I know people hate those !! But I felt the chances were high the source was accurate, so I passed it along.

Maroney, Vrabel, Hawkins = best 3 players we've ever lost in the same game? Hopefully not lost for long....

Re: Something I heard throught the grapevine

Who does "he" refer to?

Just saw this on ESPN Scouts Inc briefing room

Dec. 4 News:
Maroney exited Sunday's game [bold]after taking a helmet-to-helmet hit [/bold]during the first quarter of Sunday's win over Detroit and did not return. The Patriots announced that Maroney simply had the wind knocked out of him. Coach Bill Belichick does not believe that the injury is serious, according to the Boston Herald.

I couldn't see the game; WAS THIS REALLY A HELMET TO HELMET HIT?

Every other post above has said wind knocked out or something else light injury. H-H could mean concussion and holding him out of a couple of games. ( Worse yet if he is susceptible to concussions - that doesnt give him much career life expectancy as a RB. )

But as typical here there is no clear injury info in PATSLAND. (hate that as an inquiring mind; but love the consternation it gives the betters, writers etc.)

pats have a secret concussion 'remedy'...they spend the extra $$ (125 a peice) on dentist fitted mouthguards that prevent them.... half the defense wears them (including asante, rodney) they also increase ur strength ...and if your going to try to say im making this post up but these r facts...the marines are about to buy the same mouthguards for our troops...pats r the only current team to wear them...thought id throw that out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down