PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any news on injury to Chandler Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How shall I put it.... the guy has the torque, but lacks the speed. He's got the torque of a semi-trailer, but lacks the speed of a Ferrari.

Watch Ninko - Now that's a fast guy off the line.

Between this and your posts in the 'Woe is us Gronk is hurt thread' you're really winning me over.

Danny, Ninkovich is the guy wearing #50. Jones is the guy wearing #95.

Hope that clears it up for you. ;)

thanks for the clarification Sherlock, but I still think he could use some speed. ;)

Last edited:
thanks for the clarification Sherlock, but I still think he could use some speed. ;)

And for the same reason others have pointed out, I'm sure you'd say that about Randy Moss if you were here 5 years ago.

I'd like to see Jones use more bullrush to go along with his JPP like double move. thats the move I think the previous poster is talking about. It's kind of a designed hesitation move to get the tackle of balance. When he puts together a few counters to what he's got look out!

i don't expect him to play thursday..no need to rush him back like hernandez and i think the injury could be a few weeks

i don't expect him to play thursday..no need to rush him back like hernandez and i think the injury could be a few weeks

What injury? We dont even know what happened to him, he may be just fine today for all we know.

Not news, but a read between the lines would seem to indicate a garden variety sprain he might have played on

Rookie defensive end Chandler Jones suffered an ankle injury yesterday, and it’s still unclear if he’ll miss any time.

Jones went down in the first quarter but walked to the sideline without a limp. The medical staff removed his cleat and re-taped his ankle, and he tried to walk it off before departing for the locker room for a presumed X-ray, which is standard operating procedure for cases like this.

Jones returned to the bench with heavy tape on the right ankle in the second quarter, and he had his helmet in hand, so it didn’t initially appear that his day was over. However, he didn’t return from the locker room after halftime, so the team knew the ankle was bad enough to keep him out for the rest of the day.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Blitz» Blog Archive » Chandler Jones’ ankle injury leaves status uncertain as Pats prep for Jets

How shall I put it.... the guy has the torque, but lacks the speed. He's got the torque of a semi-trailer, but lacks the speed of a Ferrari.

Watch Ninko - Now that's a fast guy off the line.

LOL... this is new. As recently as this summer, Ninkovich was regarded by some on this board as "the worst starter in the NFL".

I think Rob has silenced a lot of critics with his play the last few weeks. One thing worth considering: how much is his job made easier by the fact that Jones is collapsing the pocket from the other side, keeping the QB from rolling away from him?

I think the improvement in the pass rush is very much a product of (1) Jones is a stud, (2) the switch for 4-3, (3) Cunningham's tremendous improvement. To me, Ninkovich is what he's always been: reliable, versatile, consistently in the right position, seals the edge.

Get Well soon Chandler.

We need you back.

LOL... this is new. As recently as this summer, Ninkovich was regarded by some on this board as "the worst starter in the NFL".

I think Rob has silenced a lot of critics with his play the last few weeks. One thing worth considering: how much is his job made easier by the fact that Jones is collapsing the pocket from the other side, keeping the QB from rolling away from him?

I think the improvement in the pass rush is very much a product of (1) Jones is a stud, (2) the switch for 4-3, (3) Cunningham's tremendous improvement. To me, Ninkovich is what he's always been: reliable, versatile, consistently in the right position, seals the edge.

How come your logic only goes one way? As if Jones' sacks are all him and nobody else?

@MikeReiss
Patriots submitted an injury report today based on how it would look if team practiced. DE Chandler Jones (ankle) wouldn't have practiced.

@MikeReiss
Patriots submitted an injury report today based on how it would look if team practiced. DE Chandler Jones (ankle) wouldn't have practiced.

I don't know if that means anything. I would assume the Pats would say he wouldn't have practiced today even if he would have. When we are dealing with hypotheticals, the Pats are more than likely to overplay an injury. We need to wait until tomorrow to get clues.

Is there some web site where I can bet everything I have that Chandler Jones will be listed as "Questionable" on tomorrow's injury report?

No news is obviously better news in this case. It means that it's probably not too serious of an injury, and that he'll only miss 1-2 games at the most.

Otherwise if it were a "serious" injury we definitely would've heard plenty by now.

He may very well rest him vs the NYJ on Thursday, and how can you blame him with such a quick turnaround of a few days?

I am guessing that they'll be cautious with Jones and rest him Thursday, and that will give him 2 weeks to heal for the Miami game.

And for the same reason others have pointed out, I'm sure you'd say that about Randy Moss if you were here 5 years ago.

Here where? on this Forum? I've been a NE fan since the Flutie days.... sorry to be late to this cyber forum party.

Last edited:
Jones is the most explosive player on the team, save for maybe Edelman. When he replaces that down hand and explodes off his first plant he looks like he was shot out of a cannon. That is explosion. A guy with his length in passing situations is always looking for the cross body swim to the qb. That's hard to set up and requires a lot of power to cut into off of a hard outside drive. It can give the illusion of being slower but it is exactly that; an illusion.

Cunningham has looked explosive because he is going against guards. In the Indy game he was a fresh player going against a guy who has already had 40 snaps.

Last edited:
After watching Alden Smith last night,we can hope that Chandler is going to be that type of player,Alden was incredible and looked better than JPP to which most here compared him to.

It has been a very long time since I have seen a player so quick off the edge like Smith......I fear for Brady in a few weeks if Solder has a bad game against SF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey