PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any news on injury to Chandler Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is anything being reported locally on Jones' injury?

Nope, all broken forearm, all the time.

MRI coming this morning according to reports.

I saw him on the bench during the game - so I took that as slightly ok news. If a major injury he stays in the locker room.

Obviously we'll have to see what MRI's and injury reports say.

Other good news was that Cunningham and Scott seemed to both play pretty well.

I saw him on the bench during the game - so I took that as slightly ok news. If a major injury he stays in the locker room.

Obviously we'll have to see what MRI's and injury reports say.

Other good news was that Cunningham and Scott seemed to both play pretty well.

It does seem like Cunningham gets the most consistent pressure on the QB of anyone on the team (including Jones). He's just not usually the finisher, but he adds the interior rush that can be so important in this league.

Jones may have long arms and all, but to me Ninko, Cunningham, and Trevor appear much more explosive. Jones always looks like he's slow off the line. Don't get me wrong, once he gets anywhere near the opposing QB, game is over for that QB. But off the line, he's missing some explosiveness. JMO.

76197_306371826142623_1383848475_n.png

Jones may have long arms and all, but to me Ninko, Cunningham, and Trevor appear much more explosive. Jones always looks like he's slow off the line. Don't get me wrong, once he gets anywhere near the opposing QB, game is over for that QB. But off the line, he's missing some explosiveness. JMO.

Devils advocate time: Might he be thinking more at the snap and thus slightly slower than the vets on the jump. And that would in theory corelate to actually being more explosive because despite that slight hesitation he is still getting more sacks and pressures than the other guys.

Not sure what you are seeing but Jones is ridiculously explosive off the line.

Like the majority of us, I've never rushed a passer or blocked a rusher beyond the flag football level. With that said:

It isn't always obvious that the first attacker has the advantage. Starting a split-second late but going in a different way than the blocker is leaning can work to your advantage.

Like the majority of us, I've never rushed a passer or blocked a rusher beyond the flag football level. With that said:

It isn't always obvious that the first attacker has the advantage. Starting a split-second late but going in a different way than the blocker is leaning can work to your advantage.

I know what you're saying. Chandler Jones seems like he always wants to beat his guy by taking it to him. That's common in young players. The vets know you can let your guy beat himself sometimes.

Are you sure you're watching the right guy? Jones probably has the best explosion off the LOS vs. anybody else on the team.

As for his injury? Hopefully he heals quickly. Though I will say that Trevor Scott did look pretty decent in there yesterday as a situational pass rusher.

The media is too busy running up the score on Gronk's forearm.

Are you sure you're watching the right guy? Jones probably has the best explosion off the LOS vs. anybody else on the team.

How shall I put it.... the guy has the torque, but lacks the speed. He's got the torque of a semi-trailer, but lacks the speed of a Ferrari.

Watch Ninko - Now that's a fast guy off the line.

How shall I put it.... the guy has the torque, but lacks the speed. He's got the torque of a semi-trailer, but lacks the speed of a Ferrari.

:confused:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think that Jones looks much faster, both at the snap and after the snap, than any DL on the team when it comes to rushing the passer.

Danny, Ninkovich is the guy wearing #50. Jones is the guy wearing #95.

Hope that clears it up for you. ;)

I think how Jones looks off the snap is somewhat due to his length. Tall, lanky players always look slower than they're actually moving, because their limbs have to move a greater distance to make the same motion (but they're covering that much more ground per stride).

It always felt that way with Randy Moss too. His stride was so long and fluid, that he looked like he was moving in slow motion while simultaneously scorching a CB and both safeties.

I've noticed this too; though I was very hesitant to criticize Jones though. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. His long limbs -- like Randy Moss -- mean he's slow in his first step or so; but he covers more ground in his stride, and it's too much to block....

Danny, Ninkovich is the guy wearing #50. Jones is the guy wearing #95.

Hope that clears it up for you. ;)

...and #50 is having an outstanding season in his own right. 5 forced fumbles is amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes