PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any News On Hernandez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope he is fine...he was GREAT !

I am surprised that no one else noticed this but did you see Hernandez walk away from a linebacker on one of the runs? Just blew by him. He has remarkable speed for a big galoot... but he should not be over-used as a RB...ahem.

Even if the Patriots do not use Hernandez as a RB again the good news is that this will give Baltimore more to worry about next week.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up! Hope it was nothing.

I heard Gronk mention about the head and got worried.

I could tell that he should be fine after seeing him. First if he was feeling the concussion effect the Patriots staff would not let him speak to the media. Having had 2 concussions, I know that he would not be smiling and making sensible comments the way he did.

Felger was really trying to hype up the Hernandez concussion/will he play in the AFC Championship game angle last night in the post game. It was almost unnerving watching him last night grasping at straws just trying to bring something negative away from last night's performance.
Troy Brown and Ty Law, with dbag on comcast post game last night, both seemed to think #81 was ok and will play next week.

I could tell that he should be fine after seeing him. First if he was feeling the concussion effect the Patriots staff would not let him speak to the media. Having had 2 concussions, I know that he would not be smiling and making sensible comments the way he did.

Thanks for the affirmation!

You had two?? man...sorry to read that. Was this when playing football or otherwise? Hope it was nothing major. Good luck!

Thanks for the affirmation!

You had two?? man...sorry to read that. Was this when playing football or otherwise? Hope it was nothing major. Good luck!

One was playing football and the other was a car accident. You really cannot focus very well even if you understand what is being said. when you talk you sound like you are in la-la land. Not to mention the crushing headache.

that is why, IMO, the Patriots staff would not have let him near the media if he had an even medium level concussion.

Thanks for the heads-up! Hope it was nothing.

I heard Gronk mention about the head and got worried.

Hern passed concussion test, afterwards.

But, he will have to pass more tests during this week, to be able to practice and play in the AFC game...

I thought it was stupid play, for him to be a RB at the goal line.. You have 300+ lb DTs going after him! At that point you need BJGE, with a fullback (Polite).

One was playing football and the other was a car accident. You really cannot focus very well even if you understand what is being said. when you talk you sound like you are in la-la land. Not to mention the crushing headache.

that is why, IMO, the Patriots staff would not have let him near the media if he had an even medium level concussion.

This is what it looks like.

(and no, before anyone goes smartass, this was NOT last night!)

Chad Johnson interview - YouTube

I am surprised that no one else noticed this but did you see Hernandez walk away from a linebacker on one of the runs? Just blew by him. He has remarkable speed for a big galoot... but he should not be over-used as a RB...ahem.

Even if the Patriots do not use Hernandez as a RB again the good news is that this will give Baltimore more to worry about next week.

It looked to me like he could have made the endzone on the long run if he just kept going down the sideline instead of cutting back inside.

shoot...Made me wince on just reading it. Glad that you are ok. :)

Your experience makes your words/insight on this subject worth more than others. Thanks again,

Hernandez

He played like a true beast last night. I thought his run during the first drive helped to set the tone early.

That being said, he's too valuable to lose while doing something unnecessary, especially when the game is in-hand.

I pray he's good to go next week. What were they saying about getting dinged up during his last run?

Re: Hernandez

He played like a true beast last night. I thought his run during the first drive helped to set the tone early.

That being said, he's too valuable to lose while doing something unnecessary, especially when the game is in-hand.

I pray he's good to go next week. What were they saying about getting dinged up during his last run?

He likely received a small concussion when he fumbled that one yard run. While I think he's very effective in the open field, he's way too valuable to be used as a RB in short yardage situation, especially goal line situation. Leave that to the heavy hitters like BJGE or Polite.

A night with Mary Jane and he'll be fine.

Weed to Aaron is like spinach to Popeye, or so some have claimed. :cool:

Last edited:

Simms just had to jinx him like that.

But at the same time, game is a blowout, and you're using your TE to pound the ball while the Lawfirm, Woodhead, Faulk, Ridley, and Vereen are just watching from the sideline. I was hoping they'd put Ridley back in after the fumble.

Edit: Just a minor complaint. The running game was the only negative for me last night.

Last edited:

I agree with you guys.

Can he play next week if he got a "small concussion" yesterday? Or do the rules prohibit it?

I agree with you guys.

Can he play next week if he got a "small concussion" yesterday? Or do the rules prohibit it?

It depends on results of a neurological exam. Highly variable, but he looked fine (alert) on the sidelines after.

I agree with you guys.

Absolutely. The only issue would have been his return to the game yesterday after experiencing concussion-like symptoms. AFAIK, the only rule concerning concussions are sideline protocol, nothing for game to game.

So are we assuming he got a minor concussion because they gave him the test and pulled him or is there another reason? Isn't it still possible that he had no concussion and they just pulled him as a precaution?

Last edited:

Simms just had to jinx him like that.

But at the same time, game is a blowout, and you're using your TE to pound the ball while the Lawfirm, Woodhead, Faulk, Ridley, and Vereen are just watching from the sideline. I was hoping they'd put Ridley back in after the fumble.

Edit: Just a minor complaint. The running game was the only negative for me last night.

Which could actually be a blessing in disguise. When you see Brady tear up a secondary like that with little support in the run game, what is Baltimore/Houston gonna be thinking. Stop Brady, we win. Then bam, hit 'em on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back