Welcome to PatsFans.com

Any Marines here?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by USMC FFMS, Mar 4, 2007.

1. USMC FFMS

USMC FFMS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I head off to bootcamp on March 13, so I'm just curious if there are any current or former Marines posting here right now. I think the nerves are starting to set in a bit now too with my civilian life coming closer and closer to an end.
  2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I've never been in any military but, I think that is a great thing to do. Semper Fi.
  3. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No. If you post this in the Political forum, you may get a positive response. Good luck with boot camp! :eek:
  4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not from some of the lefties he wont.
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +437 / 6 / -9

Tell it to the Oxy-gobbling armchair patriots, Turd. No I'm not a Marine, best friend is however (retired). Gotta tell ya, he's not likin' the current situation, and is quite pissed off about, among other things, the Walter Reed situation. All Americans are represented by our guys, for good or ill, and the guys actually in the line of fire are doing their country's (i.e., our) bidding. Everybody gets that and appreciates it.

Stay safe, FFMS, God keep you, and come back healthy.

PFnV
  6. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I was in the military but not the Marines. While in boot camp just remember its not as bad as it seems and they cant eat you.

Good luck.
  7. USMC FFMS

USMC FFMS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

they pushed my ship date back again to March 26th. I don't worry about the left-wing much since I myself am a Democrat. I've wanted to be a Marine since I was very little though (since my father was one) and all that's keeping me from heading out right now is my inability to pass the IFT. I meet the weight requirements no problem but I can't do 2 military style pull-ups (legs crossed behind your back, dead hang, and then pull up), 44 military crunches in under 2min (I've almost got that down) and run 1.5miles in under 13:30min (I can do that one). I've been bouncing back and forth at different friends' houses too which makes it all the more difficult.
  8. taltos

taltos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was in the Corps from 1980 to 1986 if I can help. Keep in mind that this was before the Crucible and before all MOS's went to an introductory grunt school.
  9. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good luck in boot camp.