PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any links to Maroney's first two runs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
ANyone know if there are some links online on Maroney's runs?

They didn't show it during the halftime of the second game and I can't wait itll tonight!

He was pretty darn good. No links that I know of, he reached like 50 yards in a matter of a minutes.

Unfreaking believable!

NBC doesn't show one replay of Maroney!

49 yards on his first two carries, and nothing!

His first run was great.

A recap:

Maroney takes the handoff behind pulling LG right side, cuts downfield.

Avoids some trash going through the line.

Meets defenders in the second level, turns outside left on the dime, running laterally.

Starts to turn the corner, where he avoids a CB tackle.

Straddles the sideline for another 15 or so.

2nd run:

Shotgun formation, 3 WR.

Maroney takes the draw up the middle, behind a pulling Mankins.

Jukes the incoming S out of his shoes before breaking outside around a great Bam block (nothing new there).

Runs down the sideline before he plows into the FS for the stop.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
His first run was great.

A recap:

Maroney takes the handoff behind pulling LG right side, cuts downfield.

Avoids some trash going through the line.

Meets defenders in the second level, turns outside left on the dime, running laterally.

Starts to turn the corner, where he avoids a CB tackle.

Straddles the sideline for another 15 or so.

2nd run:

Shotgun formation, 3 WR.

Maroney takes the draw up the middle, behind a pulling Mankins.

Jukes the incoming S out of his shoes before breaking outside around a great Bam block (nothing new there).

Runs down the sideline before he plows into the FS for the stop.

Thanks pats1,

But somehow it just isn't the same! :(

I still can't freaking believe they didn't show it in the highlight real!

Heh, all the talk is squarely on Bush. He got like 50-60 yards some good recieving yards but Maroney gets 80 yards with a bigger yard per carry average. I'm telling you, Maroney is definitley the best RB to come out of this draft and soon enough people will realize that is a fact.

Kdo5 said:
Heh, all the talk is squarely on Bush. He got like 50-60 yards some good recieving yards but Maroney gets 80 yards with a bigger yard per carry average. I'm telling you, Maroney is definitley the best RB to come out of this draft and soon enough people will realize that is a fact.

Too early to tell. they are different types of players. Bush is one of the greatest multi-purpose weapons I've ever seen coming out of college. Run, Catch, Returns, he excels at all of them. Many draft experts have said that Bush would have been a 1st round pick as a receiver !! He has some of the best hands I've ever seen from a RB. Some of the best moves I've ever seen, along with great breakaway speed.

Maroney is more of a pure running back type. He also has great moves and speed, but I don't think he is as explosive as Bush. That's not a knock on Maroney, Bush just has that extra gear. I've studied a lot of highlites of Maroney, and believe it or not, he doesn't remind me of any other RB I've ever seen (to a certain extent). The closest backs I've seen that Maroney resembles is Kevin Jones of Detroit, and Cadillac Williams of Tampa, and I think Marion Barber of Dallas looks a lot like Maroney, as far as running style. But there is something I can't put my finger on, but I think he will be a better back than Jones, Williams and Barber. He seems to have that "it" factor. I know it's just one game, but I think by the end of the season, a lot of people will be talking about Bush and Maroney as the next great RB's in the league, Bettis already mentioned Maroney tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back