PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any hope for Hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has posted this already, but what are the chances of Chris Hope being brought in here to help shore up our safety situation? I don't know what type of money he is going to be looking for, but he is young and seems like he would be a good fit here. Seems to be pretty versatile. Puts up really good numbers in Madden '06 for my fantasy drafted team ;) Honestly though, here's some numbers. If anyone else knows much about 'em then share away.
2005 stats:97 total tack.
3 int. and 5 PD

He seems to only have been a starter for 2 out of his 4 yrs. as a pro.
Played pretty well against us last yr. Bringing in 10 tckls. and had 1 int.
Hope is 5'11" and weighs 206 pounds. Anything else anyone else knows would be appreciated. ANd please, just cause I am suggesting someone NEW to be coming to the Pats, please don't think I am freakin' out and losin' faith. Just a suggestion. :)

holyredeemer said:
I don't know if anyone else has posted this already, but what are the chances of Chris Hope being brought in here to help shore up our safety situation? I don't know what type of money he is going to be looking for, but he is young and seems like he would be a good fit here. Seems to be pretty versatile. Puts up really good numbers in Madden '06 for my fantasy drafted team ;) Honestly though, here's some numbers. If anyone else knows much about 'em then share away.
2005 stats:97 total tack.
3 int. and 5 PD

He seems to only have been a starter for 2 out of his 4 yrs. as a pro.
Played pretty well against us last yr. Bringing in 10 tckls. and had 1 int.
Hope is 5'11" and weighs 206 pounds. Anything else anyone else knows would be appreciated. ANd please, just cause I am suggesting someone NEW to be coming to the Pats, please don't think I am freakin' out and losin' faith. Just a suggestion. :)

I don't know much about him, but Pats are certainly looking for DBs, have some dough and like players with a little experience.

I hope you're not that sensitive. I think I might have even given you a sarcastic retort, but who cares.

Prospects always make for good posts. If you got whacked for a previous post you have to dust your self off and get back in the game. :D

No, I'm not sensitive. I was just mainly poking some fun at everybody gettin all fired up. I personally think it's awesome how all of our fellow Pats fans get as passionate as they do about their team. :rocker:
I've been coming here for yrs. now, but just recently started posting under a different name after moving out of my parents house and getting a new PC. It had been awhile since I poseted so I just got a new ID. I know how it works around here. But, thanx for the words of encouragement. Last but not least. Here's to a new season and hopefull success. (Tipping my glass to all who would like to tip there's with me):)

holyredeemer said:
I've been coming here for yrs. now, but just recently started posting under a different name after moving out of my parents house and getting a new

Congratulations on getting out of your parents basement. ;)

I wish it was a basement. Nope, instead it was just a small room at the end of the hall. Got me through school though. If it wasn't for my wife and two kids, I'd still be living with my parents. I loved it. Oh well, enough of my autobiography.

I brought up Hope earlier today. If the Pats want to shore up their secondary without overspending, signing Hope to play FS and moving Wilson back to corner may be the best bet.

I am kind of netral on this one...might be OK maybe not...According to PFT.com, he hasn't even received a chance at a scheduled visit...so it seems any team may have a chance to get him. But they also quoted a leage source saying that he was slow, couldn't tackle and was dumbm, saying that all teams have films of games and can see. Maybe that is the answer..maybe not.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LITTLE HOPE FOR CHRIS

Although ESPN's Len Pasquarelli has ranked Steelers safety Chris Hope as the No. 19 free agent available this offseason, Hope has yet to line up a single visit, even as other guys are criss-crossing the country in search of the big money that flows in the early days of the signing period.

So what's the problem? As one league source explained, "Hope has no one interested in him because all the teams get the films of all the games. He is slow, can't tackle, and he is dumb, all of the qualities that go into a big contract."

Ouch.

The fact that Hope has yet to even schedule a visit is significant in light of the fact that virtually every team was talking prior to Saturday at 12:01 a.m. to the guys in whom they had heavy interest. So the reality is that the 31 teams other than the Steelers haven't seen fit to include him in the game of musical chairs that, in early March, typically pays out more money than at any other time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes