PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any good RB's gonna be around in the 2nd or 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess where we differ is my goal would be to not need a "great" blocking TE because that prototype you desire is as costly as a Moss. I'd rather spend my day 1 picks on the LOS and see if my healthy existing day 1 athletes couldn't then perform as previously projected as a result.

I'm with you on the O-Line. That is the greatest area of need for us. But a nice blocking tight end would be good as well. Think about how well the blocking for us was last year when Brady (the Kyle version) was on the team. It's a need but definitely not a must. The O-Line projects to be the only MUST this offseason.

1) There is a draft board.

2) Why would a 2nd or 3rd round running back be expected to be better than Maroney, who we are keeping (just BTW) even if he's the #4 back? If you are sure that you can get a better running back in the 2nd than Maroney or Morris or Jordan, I would suggest that you get a job working for an NFL team.

3) We have Morris and Faulk. Hopefully, we can extend Jordan.

4) In any case, free agency is where to pick up an extra RB. A 1st didn't do it. Free agency has worked many times for the patriots. From Smith to Dillon to Morris to Jordan.

1) There is a draft board.

No kidding, so maybe a mod will move the thread instead of just posting tartly in it...:rolleyes:

Consistency here would be as welcome as on the OL...

I have not been in the habit of censoring or moving posts. For me, it is enough to inform everyone, so that all know better next time.

No kidding, so maybe a mod will move the thread instead of just posting tartly in it...:rolleyes:

Consistency here would be as welcome as on the OL...

I have not been in the habit of censoring or moving posts. For me, it is enough to inform everyone, so that all know better next time.

That has worked so well in the past.

Running backs are hit or miss.

This is illogical.

Draft a RB in the 3rd because Maroney isn't that good. HE was drafted in the 1st. So what guarantee is there on a 3rd rounder? Even less than a 1st rounder, by definition.

The logic is, if you miss, it doesn't hurt as much.

That's why Curtis Martin wouldn't have been a horrible pick even if he had ended up being just another, um, say, Cedric Taylor.

Hopefully this explains why you post here rather than manage personnel for this team...

Oh, you know better?

Is that why Belichick has been trying to replace Kaczur? Because he thinks Kaczur is bad?

Do you know more than Belichick now? Is that right?

Please post all coverage where Belichick wants to replace Kaczur, or even Yates for that matter. If that were true, we would have used a draft choice to do so, perhaps the one we traded into 2009. Even with O'Callahan's injury being known, we didn't draft an OT. We signed Ross, who may or may not have made the team, and may or may not have started.

Of course, we need backup tackles that can step in and compete with Kaczur. There have been many OL's signed in the offseason and since the season started. LeVoir is the latest. He has not only replaced O'Callaghan; he has moved ahead of Britt to the position of being the gameday active backup RT and LT.

Oh, you know better?

Is that why Belichick has been trying to replace Kaczur? Because he thinks Kaczur is bad?

Do you know more than Belichick now? Is that right?

Please post all coverage where Belichick wants to replace Kaczur, or even Yates for that matter. If that were true, we would have used a draft choice to do so, perhaps the one we traded into 2009. Even with O'Callahan's injury being known, we didn't draft an OT. We signed Ross, who may or may not have made the team, and may or may not have started.

Of course, we need backup tackles that can step in and compete with Kaczur. There have been many OL's signed in the offseason and since the season started. LeVoir is the latest. He has not only replaced O'Callaghan; he has moved ahead of Britt to the position of being the gameday active backup RT and LT.

Uh, yeah, exactly. I was being ironic.

I posted in my other thread we don't need a new RT because Kaczur is fine.

And I was called out for that.

So I sarcastically wrote, hmmm, Belichick must be trying to replace him--knowing of course that Belichick HASN'T.

Uh, yeah, exactly. I was being ironic.

I posted in my other thread we don't need a new RT because Kaczur is fine.

And I was called out for that.

So I sarcastically wrote, hmmm, Belichick must be trying to replace him--knowing of course that Belichick HASN'T.

Belichick HAS brought in competition for Kaczur. The question of whether it was in hopes of replacing him or just to bring in competition is one that we don't have the answer to.

Were they competition for Kaczur or competition for Britt and O'Callaghan?

Belichick HAS brought in competition for Kaczur. The question of whether it was in hopes of replacing him or just to bring in competition is one that we don't have the answer to.

I dunno. Low rounders and UDFAs. Seems he's not panicky about that position.

I wonder how much is his ST play..as opposed to his playing on the offense?? (AND backing up if there is an injury,,,of course. ) But I have to wonder how much his ST play is pushing him ahead of Britt??

Try re reading the posts. No one said he was trying to replace anyone. Upstater said his top priority in the 2009 draft should be WR, while i said OL.

BTW Kaczur turns 30 in TC in 2009 - which is the last season of his rookie deal... and he's the youngest member of our present starting OL...

In case you forgot we were down a first round pick this year with lots of priorities and Nick didn't manage to get arrested until sometime on day 2 of this years draft anyway... There were questions about his work ethic and off field habits late in his rookie season (where he had started at LT for an injured Light) and he missed the last game of the season and the first five of the following season due to injury. Last year he was the weakest link in an OL that got over rated due to the Moss/Brady/Welker phenomenon.

In 2009 we should have 5 picks better than or within spitting distance of where we drafted Nick at #100 (last player in the third round 2005) with our own first, 2 in the second and a comp pick for Asante as well as our own third. We already have 2 TE's on the roster who might fare better with an improved OL. As for WR, I prefer we let someone else draft those for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back