PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any FA's you like this off season?

The compensation is two first round picks in order to sign a one-year contract.

Not exactly.

The team using the offer sheet is free to offer a contract for as many seasons as they choose. [Remember the rumors that the Patriots were going to sign Welker to an offer sheet? Those rumors had the Pats offering $35M for seven years.]

The team using the franchise tag then has the option of matching the terms of that contract, or receiving two first-round picks from the team using the offer sheet.

Here's an interesting development. Osi Umenyiora has been benched and said that he doesn't expect to be a Giant next year.

I can't post links, but nj.com had an interview...

"I don’t know, man. What did I play, five snaps today? I don’t know, I don’t know what happened. I thought I was the problem. It’s an unbelievable situation, man. Last game at Giants Stadium, probably as a Giant, just the way everything has unfolded has been unbelievable. I never would have dreamt this in a million years, but it is what it is, we live and we learn."

I don't know if he could be a full-time OLB, but he would definitely help with some pass-rush problems. And he's only 28 and would be a FA.

On defense, I would've an interest in these players if they can play in a 3-4.

Ray Edwards
Will Smith

D'Qwell Jackson

On offense, I would've an interest in these players assuming that their asking price is reasonable or the team doesn't resign them.

Michael Jenkins
David Clowney

Mike Bell

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back