PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any comment from Dillon yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
He was a bit pissy last year when the media insinuated that he was getting old.

Bill said he spoke to him and hes excited about having another capable back to help and that hes fine with decision and understands it

Patriots | Belichick called Dillon before selecting Maroney
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:01:11 -0700

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick called RB Corey Dillon before selecting rookie RB Laurence Maroney with the No. 21 overall selection in the NFL Draft. Belichick said he think Dillon understands and explained to him what the situation was. Belichick added, "We expect Corey to be ready to go. I'm sure that he will be. He's professional and he's been a very productive player for us."

kffl.com

Last edited:
yeah he knows he doesnt have too much left in him and why not add another dimension to our rushing attack..hes already gotten over 10,000 yards in his career

Last edited:
Corey has been preparing with a personal trainer this year and sounds determined not to repeat his performance of last year. I wouldn't expect any comment from him at all! Why should he? He'll show what he's got on the field! My guess is that if he can't come back with all this extra work in the offseason this year, then he may hang up the cleats after this year. He just seems to proud to do otherwise.

Even in 2004, Dillon took himself out a lot. There's no reason for him to be upset.

only 1 that should be a little upset is Kevin Faulk..hes more of a receiver or us out of backfield and with Maroney here..Dillon or Maroney start..other backups and used as change of pace while Faulk will be even more limited..likely put on KR/PR and likely line up as a WR at times or obvious passing downs

Remember those games when Dillon was out? Faulk was a total joke as the starter. I just neer understodd why Patrick Pass never got more carries. He was always effective in my opinion.

Remix 6 said:
only 1 that should be a little upset is Kevin Faulk
Yeah, I'm not sure how big of a role he will have. His fumble against Denver may have left as sour a taste in Belichick's mouth as it did in mine. I love Faulk. Really. But you just know the ball is going on the ground at some point :(

MrTibbs said:
Remember those games when Dillon was out? Faulk was a total joke as the starter. I just neer understodd why Patrick Pass never got more carries. He was always effective in my opinion.
Heath Evans - starting RB no more :D

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, I'm not sure how big of a role he will have. His fumble against Denver may have left as sour a taste in Belichick's mouth as it did in mine. I love Faulk. Really. But you just know the ball is going on the ground at some point :(
I almost forgot about that...

Speaking of that game, did he only fumble once? For some reason, I seem to remember him fumbling more than one time. Perhaps he only lost 1 fumble? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back