PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance we bring Richard Seymour back in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradybunch

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Saw he was a free agent . Would love to bring him back always loved the big SEY

Last edited by a moderator:
Seymour talks about Pats, says he won't return
Don't think so:
"There's probably about 31 teams I'd consider going to," Seymour said with a laugh, referring to the rest of the field in the 32-team National Football League. When asked if he would accept a call from the Pats if they approached him about coming back, he said, "That isn't something I'm looking to do at all."

I'd love to see him return, but I expect neither side really wants that to happen.

I'd rather keep G. Warren.

Don't think so:
"There's probably about 31 teams I'd consider going to," Seymour said with a laugh, referring to the rest of the field in the 32-team National Football League. When asked if he would accept a call from the Pats if they approached him about coming back, he said, "That isn't something I'm looking to do at all."

If the Pats win the Super Bowl this year, he might change his stance. He might want to come back to New England for one last run at another ring. I wouldn't put a high stock in it, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Besides, Belichick is a guy who typically doesn't get sentimental for players he lets go. Other than end of the roster role players, I can't remember one player he traded, cut, or just let go in free agency that he took back other than Branch and that was only because Belichick had no intention of getting rid of him, but the league pressured him to trade him away.

Last edited:
Don't think so:

I dunna know. Time heals all wounds. I know circumstances were different with Branch (BB wanted him to stay) and Ty (tried to shoot his way out and later considered coming back in 2008).

I do think that Sey feels blindsided by BB but I'm sure understands why he was delt and was just business (I think??) However, he is a pretty proud man and part of him I'm sure would rather sit home than come back to the Pats (unless they make a sweetheart offer which I doubt).

Last edited:
If the Pats win the Super Bowl this year, he might change his stance. He might want to come back to New England for one last run at another ring. I wouldn't put a high stock in it, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Besides, Belichick is a guy who typically doesn't get sentimental for players he lets go. Other than end of the roster role players, I can't remember one player he traded, cut, or just let go in free agency that he took back other than Branch and that was only because Belichick had no intention of getting rid of him, but the league pressured him to trade him away.

Seymour seems like a somewhat stubborn, strong willed kind of guy. Not someone to change his mind easily.

No way Seymour comes back, although if he wanted to that would be pretty awesome.

Does not fit into the economic structure.. and he will not come back for reasonable money..

As much as I like Seymour, he and BB had sometype of falling out.. and some wounds will probably not hea.

no.....................

We are in a great situation right now with a ton of picks next year, plus hopefully the return of Ty Warren/Leigh Bodden on D. I don't see any big money signings. If we were going to pay Seymour, we wouldn't have traded him.

Last edited:
No Seymour, no Moss, no Asante. Too much money, not enough value, too many good things going on to risk. The photos have come down, the corner has been turned. Forward.

No Seymour, no Moss, no Asante. Too much money, not enough value, too many good things going on to risk. The photos have come down, the corner has been turned. Forward.

This is the best answer.

Getting Branch back was about going forward with a renewed offensive game plan. Why try to get Seymour back? To collect talent for the system? That's not the answer. This defense has some nice karma going for it. Let's not **** it up be revisiting a contract for someone whose locker room presence is going to have unknown effects on this young and growing defense.

steve-carell.gif

if the pats offer him the most money seymour will be on the pats...if the lions offer him the most money seymour will be on the lions...if the university of auburn offers him the most money he will be on the tigers

Well played.

if the pats offer him the most money seymour will be on the pats...if the lions offer him the most money seymour will be on the lions...if the university of auburn offers him the most money he will be on the tigers

True, though I expect the Lions to back up the Brinks truck before the Pats do.

Seymour's quote reminds me of my favorite line from Al Pacino in the movie The Devil's Advocate:

"Vanity. DEFINITELY my favorite sin."

Seymour has developed the Ty Law syndrome later in his career:

"I need to feed my family!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing