PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance they start in a 4-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernestine

Rookie
Reaction score
I was watching the eagle vs. Pats super bowl on NFL NEt. and was wondering, will Bill ever start in a 4-3 again as an element of surprise to the giants?I think the Pats would be better off attacking from the onset to force some turnovers. As a result, this will prevent the giants from sitting on the ball the entire game.

I was watching the eagle vs. Pats super bowl on NFL NEt. and was wondering, will Bill ever start in a 4-3 again as an element of surprise to the giants?I think the Pats would be better off attacking from the onset to force some turnovers. As a result, this will prevent the giants from sitting on the ball the entire game.

Everytime that I can recall them going to the 4-3 this year they have done poorly. Hypothetically, it seems like a good idea. You get Jarvis out on the field, and let Seau and Bruschi rotate, keeping them fresh. The only problem is that the O line always knows where the ruc is coming from in this set. in the 3-4 you can come from anywhere with the 4th rusher, anytime.
I wouldn't put anything past old Bill though. Remember when he came out against Bledsoe when he was with the Bills with no down lineman? The man will do whatever it takes to win.

The team is built around a 3-4 defense, to just change it arbitrarily is not a good fit for this team.. there will however be many variations on this and what you have seen in the end of the season, will be quite different on Sunday.

Whatever we do, I hope the Pats D can pressure Eli early and often. That's one thing that really ticked me off the last time we played the Giants. If I recall, Eli was only rattled one time and it wasn't until late in the 3rd quarter. If the Pats can do this, then I believe we'll see the "real" Eli that threw almost the equal number of interceptions as touchdowns this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back