PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance the Eagles game gets 'flexed'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldEnglandPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I'm going to my first game at the Gillette, on the 25th.

I'm not sure if I'm pleased it's a night game, really. Do you think there is any chance this game gets flexed out of the Sunday Night slot, given that we'll have all but clinched the East by then and the Eagles look like being out of contention? And that we'll have been on 'SNF' only this coming Sunday?

I'm going to my first game at the Gillette, on the 25th.

I'm not sure if I'm pleased it's a night game, really. Do you think there is any chance this game gets flexed out of the Sunday Night slot, given that we'll have all but clinched the East by then and the Eagles look like being out of contention? And that we'll have been on 'SNF' only this coming Sunday?

I'd say no. Aren't the Pats at their limit in terms of night games now? I don't think NBC would give it up.

I'd say no, the networks have bent over backwards to get the Pats into primetime and don't forget 3 games are already taken for T-Day that weekend. Also looking at the schedule there is not another game that would be worth it.

Thursday, November 22 Time (EST)
GB @ DET 12:30 PM Tickets FOX
NYJ @ DAL 4:15 PM Tickets CBS
IND @ ATL 8:15 PM Tickets NFL NETWORK

Sunday, November 25 Time (EST)
NO @ CAR 1:00 PM Tickets FOX
TEN @ CIN 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
MIN @ NYG 1:00 PM Tickets FOX
SEA @ STL 1:00 PM Tickets FOX
WAS @ TB 1:00 PM Tickets FOX
OAK @ KC 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
BUF @ JAC 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
HOU @ CLE 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
SF @ ARI 4:05 PM Tickets FOX
BAL @ SD 4:15 PM Tickets CBS
DEN @ CHI 4:15 PM Tickets CBS
PHI @ NE 8:15 PM Tickets NBC

Monday, November 26 Time (EST)
MIA @ PIT 8:30 PM Tickets ESPN
Byes: None

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to agree with you all. As an NFL fan I wouldn't mind seeing the Redskins/Bucs game on a Sunday night, I think Tampa deserves some exposure this season. But most serious NFL fans have Sunday Ticket I suppose (can't get satellite myself).

I'd prefer to see a normal, afternoon game really. Plus the night game will be ****ing cold... I'm no Colts-fan-like wimp, but my first live Pats game was at Buffalo in December 05, snow and ice so a milder one would be nice :)

However, I (grudgingly) accept that the league won't schedule games based on my preferences.

Last edited:
haha i looked at the title real fast and thought it said "fixed".

then my immediate thought was: "no, the Colts aren't playing the Eagles this weekend".

I'd say no. Aren't the Pats at their limit in terms of night games now? I don't think NBC would give it up.

I think you're right - they are at their limit for night games according to Reiss the other day.

Yeah, guys, the Pats ARE at their limit, but if they "flex" the Iggle game back to a day game, they will be UNDER the limit. They would do this so they can take a more high-profile game - not the Steelers, as that is protected - which would almost certainly be either the jets (camera-gate: The Revenge) or the phins (the '72 angle).

Either one of those would be better than Pats-Iggles, and either would be do-able once NBC got rid of that stinker.

They want every Pats game possible on prime-time. They're the biggest story in football in many, many years. There's no way NBC will give up that game just to pull up a Pats-Jets or something later.

If I were the NFL, though, I'd swap games with NBC on the final weekend for some kind of consideration. The Pats going against a NY team for 16-0 on Sunday night? Massive ratings.

They want every Pats game possible on prime-time. They're the biggest story in football in many, many years. There's no way NBC will give up that game just to pull up a Pats-Jets or something later.

If I were the NFL, though, I'd swap games with NBC on the final weekend for some kind of consideration. The Pats going against a NY team for 16-0 on Sunday night? Massive ratings.

But I think the point some of us are making is that Pats-jets or Pats-phins both occur later into the run for an undefeated season, and each contain a better "story." Are you thinking that Philly is good this year? 'Cause they're not. In fact, being intradivision rivals, the jets and phins have a better shot at giving us a competitive game, imo.

Oh, BTW - I don't think there's any way the NFLN gives up that Pats-giants season finale. This is EXACTLY what they want - people pissed off and clamoring to have that channel available to them on every cable carrier. This couldn't have worked out better for the NFL Network.

Last edited:
Oh, BTW - I don't think there's any way the NFLN gives up that Pats-giants season finale. This is EXACTLY what they want - people pissed off and clamoring to have that channel available to them on every cable carrier. This couldn't have worked out better for the NFL Network.

They can't give that up anyway...You can't flex days.

I'm not sure if I'm pleased it's a night game, really. Do you think there is any chance this game gets flexed out of the Sunday Night slot, given that we'll have all but clinched the East by then and the Eagles look like being out of contention?

Media expert Michael Hiestand doesn't think so.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2007-11-06-nbc-nfl-picks_N.htm

Week 12. No-brainer here. With NBC already assigned big-market Philadelphia (3-5) vs. mediagenic New England — NBC Sports Chairman **** Ebersol calls the Pats' attempt at an undefeated season the NFL's "biggest story" — it stands pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots