PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Chance of Bringing in Richie Incognito?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if they want to keep me as a fan, which doesn't matter at all to them, I'm sure. But, I'd draw the line at that slug. Just my opinion.

Not if they want to keep me as a fan, which doesn't matter at all to them, I'm sure. But, I'd draw the line at that slug. Just my opinion.

Seriously? If they sign Incognito you're packing up your tent? lol

Did he kill someone and I didn't hear about it?

Maybe I didn't hear the entire story, but from what I did hear, he's just sort of juvenile and lacking in class. Hardly the crime of the century, and I'm not really delusional enough to think he's an exception in an otherwise angelic NFL roster.

There's worse things in the world than being a dumb ass hick

I just don't see it happening anyway. I'd be surprised if we even reached out to him

im not sure if the weakness as the position is big enough for this guy to be brought it...id like to explore ANY or EVERY other avenue...and then i would still be hesitant

The chances are slim and none..

There are other issues outside of the Miami locker room..

He's 31.

It's time to get younger.

Seriously? If they sign Incognito you're packing up your tent? lol

Did he kill someone and I didn't hear about it?

Maybe I didn't hear the entire story, but from what I did hear, he's just sort of juvenile and lacking in class. Hardly the crime of the century, and I'm not really delusional enough to think he's an exception in an otherwise angelic NFL roster.

There's worse things in the world than being a dumb ass hick

I just don't see it happening anyway. I'd be surprised if we even reached out to him
As I wrote,just my opinion, but I think he's much worse than a juvenile behaving hick. There is a lengthy report on the findings of those who investigated which is available on line. One doesn't have to read much of it to get the picture. Google incognito wells report. Just don't read it right after you've eaten. I heard Fauria say on the radio that he played for multiple teams in his career and never heard any player say the type of stuff Incognito espoused.

He's a good player and it would really depend on what actually happened in Miami. I feel like he may have been set up in a way and it was believable because of his character. I'm not sure if he really bullied Martin into leaving the team.

They're more likely to bring in Brennan Williams than Incognito

the sky is falling :eek: why not kick the tires on him

What is this continuous infatuation with the JAG known as Richie Incognito. There is a reason he got booted from Buffalo and St. Louis. And it has a lot more to do with him not being that good of a player as much as his immaturity and classlessness.

The guy is a cancer.

They're more likely to bring in Brennan Williams than Incognito
They're more likely to bring in Ted Williams than Incognito.

Maybe I didn't hear the entire story, but from what I did hear, he's just sort of juvenile and lacking in class. Hardly the crime of the century

He was accused of sexually harassing a female volunteer at a Dolphins charity event for starters...

"Mr. Incognito had been drinking and acting very inappoprriate towards her. She states that Mr. Incognito used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head. After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying "Let it rain, Let it rain!" He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/police-report-details-incognitos-alleged-inappropriate-behavior-with-golf-club-volunteer

He then had to pay her $30,000 to quietly settle.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/incognito-paid-30k-settle-golf-case-report-article-1.1527450

I read every text message from the report.

I'd much rather have Incognito than Martin.

Before you crucify me:
I had kids on my HS football team who acted similarly to Incognito. He's a moron, a classless lunatic, who offended everybody, but wasn't hated by most... he kind of got Donald Sterling'd.

He didn't think his "buddy" Jon Martin would go running away and "tattling" about his potty mouth, considering he thought they were close friends. If my best friends reiterated every private comment I made to them, I'd be judged pretty unfairly... even if I might regret a few comments in my time.

We gave Larry Izzo a gameball when he accomplished the feat of taking a **** on the sidelines... the NFL tends to be pretty juvenile. Just watch Hard Knocks for examples.

EDIT: He wasn't punished for the incident with the woman, was he? I'm not saying it's OK, just that the NFL "bullying" thing took on a pathetic life of it's own.

I can't believe my guy Julian got accused of BS years ago, too.

I read every text message from the report.

I'd much rather have Incognito than Martin.

Before you crucify me:
I had kids on my HS football team who acted similarly to Incognito. He's a moron, a classless lunatic, who offended everybody, but wasn't hated by most... he kind of got Donald Sterling'd.

He didn't think his "buddy" Jon Martin would go running away and "tattling" about his potty mouth, considering he thought they were close friends. If my best friends reiterated every private comment I made to them, I'd be judged pretty unfairly... even if I might regret a few comments in my time.

We gave Larry Izzo a gameball when he accomplished the feat of taking a **** on the sidelines... the NFL tends to be pretty juvenile. Just watch Hard Knocks for examples.

EDIT: He wasn't punished for the incident with the woman, was he? I'm not saying it's OK, just that the NFL "bullying" thing took on a pathetic life of it's own.

I can't believe my guy Julian got accused of BS years ago, too.
Incognito is no choir boy and I believe he has a sense of entitlement believing the world owes him something but, Incognito was made to be the face of bullying in the NFL. I've been around elite sports and locker-rooms for the majority of my life and I can say with some certainty, without proper context, these places would be considered worse than prison given the daily trash talk/commentary that occurs. Hell, some of the things my contemporaries and I used to deride each other about...

On face value, I'd rather start Incognito than Martin. That said, if given a choice between the two, I'd take neither.

who next?...stomach burster alien Suggs?

I'm not sure how different Incognito was acting than many other dumb hick NFL players out there, so I don't want to get overly righteous - but the bottom line is he got caught, at the golf tourney and re: Martin who may have been oversensitive for various reasons himself

If he didn't have all this negative attention and the Pats wanted to bring him in for the veteran minimum (which is about all he's worth) I'd be all for it

Add the distraction that Igcognito has become to that? No thank you.

Crappy locker room guy
JAG and not his initial
cap $$

If BB signs him given the above, it's proof trading Logan was a disaster & Kraft needs to hire a GM

Let's put it this way: I'd rather have Incognito helping protect the inside pass-rush than any of
Kline, Devey, Barker, Cave, Halapio, Connolly, Wendy or Stork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes