PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance Dillon now comes back onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now that the Pats have increased their Super Bowl chances with Randy Moss, do you think that there is any chance that Dillon would come back?

After all, there is no clear backup to Mauroney and he is coming off a leg injury. There would definitely be a place for DIllon on this team.

Can Dillon really live with the AFC Championship Game meltdown being his last game in the NFL?

Now that the Pats have increased their Super Bowl chances with Randy Moss, do you think that there is any chance that Dillon would come back?

After all, there is no clear backup to Mauroney and he is coming off a leg injury. There would definitely be a place for DIllon on this team.

Can Dillon really live with the AFC Championship Game meltdown being his last game in the NFL?
It could happen, I suppose.

Honestly, No i dont think there is anychance..could it happen tho? with the recent turn of events, and this whole offseason ***ANYTHING is possible***.. But it looks like Knight and Evans and possibly the big body kid we drafted will carry the dillion chip, while maroney takes it to the next level.

I cant quote him exactly but his words after leaving were "been there, done that".. looks like he was ready for Payday and Starting job on a superbowl bound team or Retirment...and at this point, I think we can all agree, we wont give him the pay he'd like or any other team for that matter will give him his wishes...I honestly think he had his sights set on retirement but his agent gave him a load so he put his price out there knowing he wouldnt get it, so he could retire with less drama.

I'd love to have the Dread and Tread duo back, but all I can say is..Thanks for the memories corey.

I wouldn't be suprised if Dillion stays unemployed for a while and if something happenes during the season and we need a RB (hopefully nothing happens) but then Pats could bring Dillon in as a replacement.

No. Why would they want him back? We have addressed the depth at the RB position in this draft and in the FA market.

No. Why would they want him back? We have addressed the depth at the RB position in this draft and in the FA market.

I am not as confident as you that the Pats have fully replaced Dillon's short yardage success. Even in his down year with the Pats, Dillon was a TD scoring machine.

I love #28 as much as the next guy, but Corey Dillon is finished. He had a stellar career but has looked ridiculously immobile the past year and a half. He is still a great short yardage runner but nobody is looking to sign him for that role. He had a great run and is in fact, one of those iffy Hall of Fame nominees if you ask me..

Yup...........I think he comes back for one more run.

I almost posted this the other day but thought it would be a little corny to start a thread basically saying that a retired RB is almost certainly now retired.

The Patriots issued Tory James the #28. We've seen in the past with guys like Phifer and now Brown that the Patriots hold on to numbers if there's a shot the player is returning.

Dillon leaves with a lot of pride. I don't think he wants to end his career, even if it was with another title, as just a spot player on a team. He has to know that will Maroney and now all of these new WRs, he wouldn't be touching the ball very much.

I love #28 as much as the next guy, but Corey Dillon is finished. He had a stellar career but has looked ridiculously immobile the past year and a half. He is still a great short yardage runner but nobody is looking to sign him for that role. He had a great run and is in fact, one of those iffy Hall of Fame nominees if you ask me..

Think Antowain Smith, he didn't even get started till each December so he was ready for the playoffs. I would love to see Dillion in that role.

The Patriots issued Tory James the #28. We've seen in the past with guys like Phifer and now Brown that the Patriots hold on to numbers if there's a shot the player is returning.

Very good point on the jersey numbers. I didn't think of it from that aspect, but I do agree that there is some weight to this argument.

I am not as confident as you that the Pats have fully replaced Dillon's short yardage success. Even in his down year with the Pats, Dillon was a TD scoring machine.

Heath Evans and Maroney?

I think Maroney is a much better fit for the offense we're building...especially if the zone-blocking rumors are true.

If it's determined we need a short-yardage hammer for three-five carries a game, I'd sooner offer a deal to Chris Brown, Ciatrick Fason, or some other guy who's going to come a lot cheaper and is (in theory) okay with those kind of numbers. We know Corey's not going to be happy with that little workload.

With Saban gone, I wonder if we can get Kyle Eckel back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots