PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance Charlie Weis comes back next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no debate that the academic recruiting standards of ND are increasingly putting the team at a structural disadvantage vs. the "Powerhouses" against whom the school has always compared itself (I don't think this is a bad thing, just a fact). The school has traditionally depended on attracting the "best of the eligible" by appealing to the history of the Program. For some reason, this doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to. I don't know enough about the program to say why exactly, maybe someone else can enlighten me.

Weis knew this when he went there and had Brady Quinn to even things up over the last couple of years.

So, I think he stays because it's what he wants to do and because the money isn't bad:) I also think that ND management is rational enough to realize that they can't blame a proven coach of Weis' calibre for what is happening. It might be time for a recalibration of expectations in South Bend, which might be to everyone's benefit.

Last edited:
No, I don't see it happening. With his health he'll probably retire.

There's no debate that the academic recruiting standards of ND are increasingly putting the team at a structural disadvantage vs. the "Powerhouses" against whom the school has always compared itself (I don't think this is a bad thing, just a fact). The school has traditionally depended on attracting the "best of the eligible" by appealing to the history of the Program. For some reason, this doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to. I don't know enough about the program to say why exactly, maybe someone else can enlighten me.

Weis knew this when he went there and had Brady Quinn to even things up over the last couple of years.

So, I think he stays because it's what he wants to do and because the money isn't bad:) I also think that ND management is rational enough to realize that they can't blame a proven coach of Weis' calibre for what is happening. It might be time for a recalibration of expectations in South Bend, which might be to everyone's benefit.

GaTech faces the exact same problem. None of our players can scrape the bottom of the barrel or they'll be put on probabation. 'cept of course we spanked ND, so where's the excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes