PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Andre Carter news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gostkowski for 3

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Anyone have any news on Andre Carter or see the replay? I really couldn't see what happened live, and I never saw a replay. Would really suck if his season is over :/

I am not a doctor, but I pretend to be one on message boards in order to legitimize my point!

I did not think the injury looked that aweful. Did not look like an ACL, plus the trainers were not doing a push test to confirm an ACL tear. He seemed to be able to put weight on the leg while getting into the cart. My guess is a sprained MCL, to be back by the playoffs. Just a guess though.

You should follow Mike Reiss and Ian Rapoport on twitter. They usually have insightful updates on injuries.

Patella tendon and/or ACL. Wasn't hit, and they took one look at his knee and called for the cart. See you next year.

Patella tendon and/or ACL. Wasn't hit, and they took one look at his knee and called for the cart. See you next year.

Highly doubt it! Trainers do tests to confirm ACL and patella tendon tears, and they did NOT do any of them. They looked at his knee and carted him off. I really would be shocked its an ACL thing.

Plus Carter signed a 1 year deal, if he tore his ACL that was his last down with the Pats.

Highly doubt it! Trainers do tests to confirm ACL and patella tendon tears, and they did NOT do any of them. They looked at his knee and carted him off. I really would be shocked its an ACL thing.

Plus Carter signed a 1 year deal, if he tore his ACL that was his last down with the Pats.

He was not hit. He immediately grabbed his knee and was in excrutiating pain. He is one of the toughest guys on the team. The cart was out in 5 seconds. Draw your own conclusions, but I would be stunned if it's neither an ACL or patella tendon.

How do you know the trainers did not administer any of these tests? Were you at the game in Denver? Or did you somehow get a better TV feed than the rest of us?

We'll miss him. Hope the injury isn't serious for the sake of his age.

Not a doctor, but guessing ACL. Feel bad for the guy, he was having an outstanding season.

With Spikes (hopefully) returning and Ron Brace getting back into the mix, will we see the Patriots move back into the 34 base defense?

Wilfork - Brace - Warren
Ninkovich - Mayo - Spikes - Moore/Anderson/Fletcher

ACL/MCL

He's done for the year IMO :(

Another big blow the defense. How many more can we take?

He's a very important player and it's a sad thought that he will most likely not be healthy to help us in the playoffs. It is essential to our playoff success that someone steps up.

+1. Our strength on D took a massive hit.

We have NO strengths on defense!

Chung and Spikes being back would do more for this defense than Carter would have. I still don't think it's an ACL, more likely an MCL sprain.

I hope we go back to 3-4 next year. I love Carter, but I don't want a base 4-3 anymore.

It did take a hit but Anderson came in and looked like a Carter clone.

That..and Eric Moore was in there, taking Anderson's place. Time to step up!

no Disrespect to Wilfork but Carter was the best player on the defense this year, this sucks for the team but it sucks even more for him hope he gets to end he's career the way he wants to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots