PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antwain Spann will hand over #28 if asked by Fred Taylor [Update: Taylor #21]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Antwain Spann will hand over #28 if asked by Fred Taylor

the BIG question is that would #28 on Fred Taylor be ..... "tight"?

the BIG question is that would #28 on Fred Taylor be ..... "tight"?

I don't see why not. The last "over the hill" back we signed wore #28 and, if I can remember, had a little bit of success.

Fred has always said he wants to pass Jim Brown in yards.

He needs about 1k more to do it, and that should be an easy task for him in 2 years. Hell, he will probably do that in one year :)

Fred has a chance of ending up in the top 5 all time(depending on how LT and EJ do), needing ~2300 yards to do it.

You gotta wonder what he COULD have done, seeing as to how hes missed over 2 full season due to injury.

Add in 4.6 yards/attempt career. Look at the list - everyone above him in career yardage is either a Hall of Famer or soon will be. Fred's the man (too bad he will go in as a Jaguar, but hopefully the picture in the Hall with his biggest smile will be in a Pats uniform raising the Lombardi).

can you imagine what Sanders and Brown would have done if they played long careers? And if Brown had played 16 game seasons? Those 2 would be all alone with no one even close to them in yards.

Does Dillon get in the HOF?

can you imagine what Sanders and Brown would have done if they played long careers? And if Brown had played 16 game seasons? Those 2 would be all alone with no one even close to them in yards.

Does Dillon get in the HOF?

I hope Dillon does get in, but he may fall into a glut of RB's (much like Monk did with receivers for years) with similar career stats that works against his admission. His ring will hopefully give him a boost.

I'd say Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, in that order, as the best ever. Although the story that Barry was called at the end of his last season and the owner or coach misheard "I'm tired" as "I'm retired," and Barry was too humble to correct him - still sounds like a bad cell phone commercial. Barry was truly one of the few RBs who did not need blockers and left way too early. If Smith had to live without the Dallas line, I suspect he would not be nearly as high on the career yardage list, if a factor at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes