PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antrel Rolle: We'll Shut Down the Tight Ends, reveals Giants Game Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
General comment - why do some players always make such grand, melodramatic pronouncements about doing things that are expected of them to begin with?

As to the Jets/Giants behavioral connection, could it be something in the water? [shudder]

Yup, something in the "water" lol:

Attachments

• antrel.jpg
    antrel.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 166
Rolle likes to talk huh?

Antrel Rolle should call up Antonio Smith and ask him what talking does during the playoffs.

The 2007 Giants didn't talk leading up to the playoffs, they just came in and pounded us. This team, well they have done nothing short of fill up the bulletin board.

Really? The 2007 Giants talked trash and I think Tuck even said the Pats would only score 10 points.

Really? The 2007 Giants talked trash and I think Tuck even said the Pats would only score 10 points.

I don't remember this at all. The only trash talk from them in 07' was the plaxico guarantee and them wearing black for the end of the dynasty.

Just to remind everyone what the guy who is making these statements looks like......

image.jpg

What the heck is that supposed to mean? :rolleyes:

What the heck is that supposed to mean? :rolleyes:

He even looks like a moron. I hope Brady picks on him during the game and then points at him after the Pats score a TD because of Rolle getting beat.

Is it just me or does hitting Gronk at the line just sound like a dumb strategy. He's fast but not that fast, you can contain him in many ways. The last thing I want to do is get into his body so he can toss me aside like a rag doll, catch a pass and run 15 yards. I mean, TEs are not allowed to push off 10 yards downfield, and that's why you try to beat them to the spot. If you engage Gronk in the first 5 yards, you're just asking to be sloughed aside.

We did it with TEs several times. Have a lineman or OLB hit them then release. It's common and works. It slows down the pass rush and the TE can get a good bite on a run block. If you know that's the defenses strategy, you can exploit this somewhat. It sets up a screen pass to the strong side.

We did it with TEs several times. Have a lineman or OLB hit them then release. It's common and works. It slows down the pass rush and the TE can get a good bite on a run block. If you know that's the defenses strategy, you can exploit this somewhat. It sets up a screen pass to the strong side.

in the 4-3, the giants can't really do this without hugely affecting their pass rush, or leaving the RB to literally be all alone.

and the pats have since lined up both TE's in the backfield. what's their answer for that? 10 in the box?

Wow, how Brady has fallen. Look at this from JPP. I mean who the hell do these Giants think they are? Please God, be fair. They just can't open their mouth without knowing everything and get away with it like this

" ... if you look at Week 9 when we played them, it's like he felt us," he said. "We went back on the film, we watched the film and we didn't really rush as we can as a defense. ... He was throwing balls on the ground and stuff."

Last edited:
Wow, how Brady has fallen. Look at this from JPP. I mean who the hell do these Giants think they are? Please God, be fair. They just can't open their mouth without knowing everything and get away with it like this

Brady was more injured in week 9, and he was struggling with slow starts due to it. He's now further removed from the main problem and has had an extra week of rest. That's where at least some of the difference is going to lie, IMO.

We're doomed!!! They're in his head!!! I bet they don't even bother playing their DL. They'll just leave em on the sidelines to stare menacingly at Brady.

I can't believe that their coach lets them think, much the less spout, this garbage.

The Giants aren't c*cky, they're confident underdogs

Canty wasn't guaranteeing a Super Bowl victory he was guaranteeing a Super Bowl parade, difference.

Tolle Is only being honest revealing a game strategy that will shut down the TE"s, other teams are doing it wrong.

Cruz and Manningham aren't calling out Edelman and playing head games to rattle his big game performance. They're being quite respectful, pointing out the facts. CB isn't Julian's natural position, neither were WR or KR coming out of college but this is about this season of course.

Cruz guaranteed a Super Bowl victory but that was an innocent pep rally and was only meant to charge up the crowd much different than the arrogance Brady displayed in his prediction to a Gilette stadium crowd.

:bricks::bricks::bricks:

Last edited:
The giants are one ****y team!!Antrel Rolle has a big mouth.He never quits yapping.

The patriots need to just execute and let their game do the talking.

I want Branch to step up.Off course they will be keying on the tight ends.These wrs need to get separation and make plays!!!!

What was the name of the guy on the Steelers who had a big mouth and Brady shut them up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back