PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antowain Smith Memorial Jog

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB15

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I read about that... was it a jab at antowain or what?

Did he die or something?

DB15 said:
I read about that... was it a jab at antowain or what?

Antowain often failed the very tough conditioning test administered by Belichick.

From what I'm reading, it should be VERRRRRY interesting to see if Johnathan Sullivan passes his first time out. He's got several weeks to get ready, but I am definitely skeptical that he'll be in shape by then - enough to ace the first go-round, anyway.

Last edited:
That was one of the things I was thinking about when I heard the report that he was sucking wind at mini camp and did not partcipate in the Saints off season program.

How in the hell will he ever pass the conditioning requirement before traning camp? I suppose that they could PUP him and then get him in shape. We'll have to see in 52 more days, which is enough time to get in shape if he is serious.

PATSNUTme said:
We'll have to see in 52 more days, which is enough time to get in shape if he is serious.
That's basically the point. If he can't pass it, he's probably gone. We didn't trade Branch for this guy, we traded Bethel who would probably be cut himself.

If I'm Johnathan Sullivan - I'm not, by the way - I call up Sey and ask him if I can come train with him for the next, oh...10 years. Seriously, though - he needs to get on the horn, and ask Sey (and anyone else) to help him turn things around and, at least, get into shape.

I agree....no on between...he's ready and serious..or he is HISTORY!!

I wonder if Sullivan will actually try to pass the conditioning test.

Some theories have it that because he got so much money upfront his rookie year that he doesn't even try anymore.

Hopefully Seymour can light that competitive fire under his butt though.

I have a feeling this is Sully's last big chance to stay in the league.

Has it ever occured to anybody that Seymour and Sullivan might hate each other?

It seems to be a common thought that because they played together in college that Seymour is going to become Sullivan's personal coach and motivational speaker. Seymour might think Sully's as useless as the New Orleans coaching staff does.

dryheat44 said:

I remember Seymour talking about him the year he was drafted and the Pats were rumored to be interested in him (his agent named New England, Minnesota, Seattle and the Jets as the teams that had shown the most interest when he was drafted). Seymour only played a year with him, but said he was a good kid. He said they were similar in mentality, in that they were both laid-back country boys who didn't talk a lot.

dryheat44 said:

It seems to be a common thought that because they played together in college that Seymour is going to become Sullivan's personal coach and motivational speaker. Seymour might think Sully's as useless as the New Orleans coaching staff does.

Yes, but such thoughts a depressing and make us less enthusiastic about the trade. :bricks:

So we ingnore them as hard as possible. :singing:

ahhh ok thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill