Welcome to PatsFans.com

Antowain Smith autograph appearance

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by brdmaverick, Mar 18, 2007.

1. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

2. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

good ol antowain when he was with us you could always count on him getting at least one yard, i cant ever remember a back who so consistently didnt lose yards(maybe stretching a bit).

3. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Speaking nothing of him as person, simply as a fan watching a player, Smith was the epitome of the above-average back. He did frustratingly less than I wanted him to or unnecessarily expected him to, but he never left me with the feeling that he wasn't giving it his all. He had more good games than bad, and he rarely made things worse than he helped on individual plays.

Will always have a soft spot for him even though I always wished we had someone just a little bit better. Good post for those who loved him and want to meet him. Please consider this tirade a bump.

4. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I guess you said what I said. Always 1,2,3 yards from him. I always blamed the line...

5. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I thought he was great in 2001. Thank god for him being there, he let the Pats grind it out early on while Brady got into his groove that season.

6. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

well, surprisingly enough, it turned out that Antowain and Corey had similar careers as Pats

3 years each, first great year, below average next two years

the huge difference was that Antowain was brought in as a Running Back By Committee member. He didn't actually get most of the carries until he exploded against the Colts in week 3 of the season.

Who else was supposed to be part of that running back by committee? I know JR Redmond and K.Faulk were in the mix. I can't remember the other guys who didn't cut it.

7. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Eddie George never fell backwards :\

8. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +238 / 46 / -22

No Jersey Selected

Antowain is a man for whom, if I lived near Brockton, I would wait in line so I could shake his hand and say Thank You. He was terrific in SB36 (courtesy of the NFLN), until St.Louis started to stuff the box in the 4th quarter.

9. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I meant this in a good way as he was always getting positive yards and eventually he would pop one for 10 yards and a few times further. His consistancy at getting the positive yards was a huge plus for this team for three years he was here.

10. Coast2CoastPatsFan

Coast2CoastPatsFan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'll never forget the 2001 game vs. the Chargers where he had that vicious head-on collision with Junior Seau at the goal line, yet still found a way to remain on his feet and get into the end zone. What a tough run!

Not the greatest RB the Pats ever had, but you could always expect a maximum effort out of him.