PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Smith accuses Patriots of spying

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Texans beat writer actually wrote this on Twitter in response to someone saying the Texans played a great first half and the Pats adjusted:

https://twitter.com/awexler/status/407293974655688704

Apparently, Houston is the bush league of sports reporting.

@buddsy6612 @cpriceNFL probably more along the lines of NE coaches watched 1st half, dissected pictures/film & adjusted

And nothing in there is against the rules.

But we're going to have to live with this kind of talk...at least while BB and Brady are here. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

I never heard of this dude before...I am sure ESPN and NFL will give it some legs and the traditional Boston sports media NEP haters.

TO be honest with you I kind of expect these comments from teams we beat. They are a product of today's society, they blame everybody else but themselves.

See that is the difference between us and them. We blame...ourselves.

That is the difference between a boy and a man...

Antonio Smith thinks Bill Belichick, Josh McDaniels and Tom Brady need to cheat to figure out a Wade Phillips defense? What turnip truck brought him into Houston?

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 220
Surely he's not crying "spy" because the Patriots figured out that that Texans were doing something new and compensated for it...after they started doing it? Surely?

Are we to conclude that Gary Kubiak has never made an in-game adjustment, so it seems like voodoo to his players?

Oh man he's on to us,Brady certainly doesn't help by pointing to
that 52 is the Mike guy,I mean how does he really know?

@buddsy6612 @cpriceNFL probably more along the lines of NE coaches watched 1st half, dissected pictures/film & adjusted

And nothing in there is against the rules.

But we're going to have to live with this kind of talk...at least while BB and Brady are here. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

Actually, you are not allow to watch tape of the game during the game even at halftime.

I have no problem with people talking that way. I have a problem with a journalist talking that way. There is supposed to be at least some level of professionalism by journalists.

Actually, you are not allow to watch tape of the game during the game even at halftime.

I have no problem with people talking that way. I have a problem with a journalist talking that way. There is supposed to be at least some level of professionalism by journalists.

Really? Didn't know that. I thought the rule just said not "during a game" meaning while it's actually happening on the field....

You can look at stills of team formations. The camera clearly showed Coach B. doing this all game.

As the game goes on the law of averages kicks in. Belichick's mind kicks in and becomes a factor.

A Texans beat writer actually wrote this on Twitter in response to someone saying the Texans played a great first half and the Pats adjusted:

https://twitter.com/awexler/status/407293974655688704

Apparently, Houston is the bush league of sports reporting.

Of that, there is no doubt. Houston sports reporters are by far the worse I have ever seen, and I've lived/travelled throughout the US in my lifetime.

Surely he's not crying "spy" because the Patriots figured out that that Texans were doing something new and compensated for it...after they started doing it? Surely?

Are we to conclude that Gary Kubiak has never made an in-game adjustment, so it seems like voodoo to his players?

I think the reality is that Kubiak probably never has made an in-game adjustment. And wrinkles to the defensive plan is new to the Texans which is probably why Smith was unaware that other teams actually plan and make adjustments. All of these concepts are alien to the Texans

I think the reality is that Kubiak probably never has made an in-game adjustment. And wrinkles to the defensive plan is new to the Texans which is probably why Smith was unaware that other teams actually plan and make adjustments. All of these concepts are alien to the Texans

He didn't read this article where Brady is now 4-1 winning 4 in a row versus Wade's teams...
patriots - Tom Brady has Wade Phillips' number - WEEI | Christopher Price
That is a 98.0 QB rating.....

Yet Pittsburgh's head coach gets hardly any negative press for sticking his foot out to derail a kickoff return.

Yet Pittsburgh's head coach gets hardly any negative press for sticking his foot out to derail a kickoff return.

The Patriots silently put up with this BS. Until they stop putting up with it, it will continue.
I don't put up with BS. I would have told these people where to go a long time ago. But that's me.

The reaction from the media and the normally hyper-sensitive Ravens players was that Tomlin's interference was just funny.

What a stupid play. Should have ran forward and not out of bounds. Stopping the clock works in their disadvantage and they needed an extra yard or two rather than stopping the clock.

The Patriots silently put up with this BS. Until they stop putting up with it, it will continue.

It's a bit late. Kraft, viewing himself as a master conciliator took one for the team (the NFL) shutting up about the camera placement controversy. It was a mistake. Although BB egotistically tired to out lawyer Goodell he forgot that Goodell was the judge and jury. Kraft needed to get Goodell to be very, very explicit and open on what precisely the Pats were and were not penalized for. He didn't and the legacy is on BB and Kraft.

The reaction from the media and the normally hyper-sensitive Ravens players was that Tomlin's interference was just funny.

Belichick needs to learn to cheat funnier.

I guess the pats were cheating when they put 83 points on them last year in two games...or maybe they just cant stop Brady with there over rated defense

I had a good laugh. Thanks for posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back