PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antoine Winfield ..... would 'ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winfield would be a starting corner and very good insurance. Hobbs would move to nickelback, which might as well be considered a starter. Also, don't forget that Samuel has not signed his franchise tender yet. We do NOT need a repeat of the Branch situation last year with no quality replacement in sight.

This is not a Branch situation. There is no comparing the two.

You are sure that Winfield would beat out Hobbs? If he doesn't, and that's not a given, then we gave up a first day pick and $6 mil for a nickleback. Not a good deal, IMO.

But if BB/Scott decide to pull the trigger on that kind of a deal, that tells me that they have Winfield penciled in as the starter.

Wah. He didn't have any trouble with it when he was negotiating his signing bonus.
Didn't he sign with Minny under Mike Tice (which makes him a moron for that alone)? I thought the new HC brought in the Tampa-2 DC? I liked his game while in Beefalo, whether he'd fit this club's chemistry is another thing.

Let's trade for every player that comes available.

We should sign every free agent too.

:rofl: If you bump the turntable a little the needle will skip over that scratch in the record.

If the Pats can swing a trade that includes Samuel going to the Vikings and Winfield and a pick coming here, I am all for it :p
I second that. We have a few years to develop a Winfield CB replacement then, with said pick. Just seems to work. I would not rate Samuel any better than Winfield at this time IMO.
Winfield and a third rounder? Try for a second.
Winfield has been to a few pro-bowls? Is that correct?
DW Toys

Let's trade for every player that comes available.

We should sign every free agent too.
We're way beyond that. Try and keep up, will ya?

Having covered every sigle free agent in the NFL, asking if we should sign them, we are now going through the list of every player on every team's active roster, saying, "Should we trade for this guy?"

Straight up is fine with me.

If the Vikings want to pay big $$$ to Samuel, let's go :) Honestly, I would probably do it straight up if Winfield is happy with the three years left on his deal. We get the older guy but one who is signed for three reasonable (though a little high) years.

There is no doubt Winfields requesting a trade is about one thing...money.

Having covered every sigle free agent in the NFL, asking if we should sign them, we are now going through the list of every player on every team's active roster, saying, "Should we trade for this guy?"

In fact we should have a separate sub-forum. The "let's sign this guy" forum. Then it would be easier to keep track of whcih guys we should sign/trade for when ther is even a hint of his being available.:rocker:

Players we should trade for:

Lance Briggs
Antoine Winfield
Brett Favre
That defensive lineman from the Bears
Kris Jenkins
Trent Green
Alan Faneca
Braylon Edwards
Shawn Springs
Sean Taylor

Get it done Bill.

I heard Meshawn "graduated".

In fact we should have a separate sub-forum. The "let's sign this guy" forum. Then it would be easier to keep track of whcih guys we should sign/trade for when ther is even a hint of his being available.:rocker:

I second that:rocker:

Slow down some of you, you are taking the title of the thread way out of context. I never indicated that we should go sign this guy or trade for him, I merely presented a scenario that if he truly were available would any of you (pretending to be the GM) make a run at him. That's it. There isn't one of us where when reading NFL rumours about players hasn't thought he would be great on the Pats or on the flip side would not be great on the Pats. For instance, I would not make a run on Trent Green even though I know he wants out of KC.

hes not even avaible for trade..never asked for it. and hes happy there

Last edited:
I requested this a long time ago but never got it. For all of you people who think you are the authorities on what is okay to post and what isn't please make us a list. Of course don't be too surprised when I wipe my ***** with it and shove it down your throat. It's football related, I would say it meets the one key guideline. Some people just enjoy being whiney douchebags I guess.

I requested this a long time ago but never got it. For all of you people who think you are the authorities on what is okay to post and what isn't please make us a list. Of course don't be too surprised when I wipe my ***** with it and shove it down your throat. It's football related, I would say it meets the one key guideline. Some people just enjoy being whiney douchebags I guess.

Thanks for putting us in our place.:rolleyes:

I missed your first request, so I'll offer you my list. Just 3 really:

1. Nothing by Alk
2.Nothing from anybody with a Zoolander avatar
3. Nothing by anyone West of the Mississippi, East of the Rockies,North of Oklahoma,and south of South Dakota.

Other than that, it's all good.

Looks like Winfield is going nowhere according to Rotoworld.
It made for interesting speculation material for a day though.

"Winfield skipped OTAs but told Vikings head coach Brad Childress he's not in search of a trade and teammates that he wants to stay with the team."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?statsId=4672

This is not a Branch situation. There is no comparing the two.
Right, says you until Samuel holds out. Quite comparable situation since Branch was our best WR then and Samuel is our best CB now. The only thing different is the positions they play. I'm apparently not as comfortable as you are with the idea of Hobbs as our #1. Apparently you were confident in Caldwell as the #1 back then too.

You are sure that Winfield would beat out Hobbs? If he doesn't, and that's not a given, then we gave up a first day pick and $6 mil for a nickleback. Not a good deal, IMO.
Typical case of Pats fans overvaluing our own players. Winfield has been a 9 year starter in this league. I've seen Hobbs get beat and look mortal plenty of times. The real question is why wouldn't Winfield start over Hobbs. And since when was a 3rd round pick ever more valuable than a proven NFL starter? Congrats, you've shown that you overvalue draft picks too.

But if BB/Scott decide to pull the trigger on that kind of a deal, that tells me that they have Winfield penciled in as the starter.

Sweet, so you got everything covered if the trade goes down, but meanwhile you'll criticize the potential move before it even happens. Get off the damn fence and stop trying to sound all-knowing. :p

Anyways according to Rotoworld, it doesn't look like the move is going to happen. But I dissected your post anyways, cos I felt like it. :p

Last edited:
I think that we should trade our Oakland 3rd for LT.

Looks like Winfield is going nowhere according to Rotoworld.
It made for interesting speculation material for a day though.

"Winfield skipped OTAs but told Vikings head coach Brad Childress he's not in search of a trade and teammates that he wants to stay with the team."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?statsId=4672

Right, says you until Samuel holds out. Quite comparable situation since Branch was our best WR then and Samuel is our best CB now. The only thing different is the positions they play. I'm apparently not as comfortable as you are with the idea of Hobbs as our #1. Apparently you were confident in Caldwell as the #1 back then too.

Typical case of Pats fans overvaluing our own players. Winfield has been a 9 year starter in this league. I've seen Hobbs get beat and look mortal plenty of times. The real question is why wouldn't Winfield start over Hobbs. And since when was a 3rd round pick ever more valuable than a proven NFL starter? Congrats, you've shown that you overvalue draft picks too.

Sweet, so you got everything covered if the trade goes down, but meanwhile you'll criticize the potential move before it even happens. Get off the damn fence and stop trying to sound all-knowing. :p

Anyways according to Rotoworld, it doesn't look like the move is going to happen. But I dissected your post anyways, cos I felt like it. :p

Let's take this one at a time.

1. Branch was under contract and breaking his contrct. Sameuls is a FA under Franchise tag. He will lose 7.79 mil divided by 16 every game he holds out,if he holds out. Not going to happen. Not comparable at all.

2. Us Homers are like that.

3. I have faith in BB and I'm not arrogant enough to second guess his move.

Seriously, I'm with you. I never understand people who come into a thread only to complain about it??

It's the ******* offseason people -- what do you want folks to post about?

No, you're all totally right, there is no reason people should talk about a CB who BB likes that is requesting a trade when our star CB is holding out. No relevance whatsoever to the Patriots or the team's messageboard.

And so what if people want to talk about FA and whether the Pats should sign them. Or trade for other players. Isn't that the point of the messageboard?

Maybe there should just be an Elitist Miserable **** forum and you could all make 9-page threads about the 2-gap system.

As for the thread, I think its highly unlikely NE shows interest in Winfield, but I would not complain about a deal that involved Winfield coming to NE for Samuel and a Day 1 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back