PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antoine Cason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of what you just said didn't make one lick of sense, and you came off as someone who doesn't understand what they're talking about. You've had similar post in other threads, but I've ignored them.

Find a way to improve your product, or you'll likely find yourself getting ignored by the majority of this board.

You're talking to the guy that suggested we take Matty Ryan with our first pick.

Cason seems like a smart high character guy. I think he was a 4 year starter in the PAC-10 although for a weak team.

For some reason most have him going in the 2nd or even 3rd.

Not sure why. Maybe his speed isn't that good?

well Drew is his agent and his agent hears from Jack, his family and doctors. The reporters are just guessing he'll miss season because of early judgment on the injury (oh its an ACL so he must be out)

Drew is the same 1 that said McGahee would be ready..he was right .

Umm.. Rosenhaus is the same one who said that McGahee would be ready for the 2003 season. McGahee spent the entire 2003 season on IR. So, Rosenhaus was WRONG.

ACLs have a 12-18 month time to FULL recovery. You should know this based on Watson and Harrison.

So he fills but CANT SHED BLOCKS!!!??? or he fills and engulfs the guy like a donut????

Good in man coverage? WTF is good gonda do? Good is gona run with Marvin Harrison and let him catch the ball then tackle him? thats pretty good, he kept up with a high calibre WR, but he didnt SHUT HIM DOWN??

Most DB in the league can cover, a route. Especially if they play like 7 yards aways from the WR. I want a DB that will compete for the ball. A DB is only a shutdown corner if the QB knows that the DB will have the athletic ability to compete for the ball. If the QB knows the DB doesnt have the instinct to compete for the ball then he will throw against him all day long.

Bruinz, STFU.

MeSoSlo - Follow your own advice, you twit. Nothing like not knowing a damn thing and proving it to everyone.

GOOD is going to shut down most #2 receivers as he develops into a top flight CB.

As I said, maybe you should read everything that was said before asking questions because its CLEAR you are clueless. You don't understand talent evaluation worth a damn.

You clearly have a reading comprehension problem. I addressed SPECIFICS of your questions only to have you be a tool and go off on another tangent. You asked how he plays against the run. In Seb's post, he said that Cason fills hard. That means he gets in there and can make plays. I did NOT address the shedding blocks question.

If a college player is GOOD in Man coverage, but even better in ZONE coverage and reads plays well while having good hands, then its a good bet he'll do more than just let the receiver "catch the ball and then tackle him." And, if you actually had looked at the guys stats, you'd see he's got a good # of passes defensed as well as interceptions even though teams weren't throwing to his side.

No CB comes out of college and is immediately a "SHUT DOWN" corner. Hell, your own definition proves that by you stating that "A DB is only a shutdown corner if the QB knows that the DB will have the athletic ability to compete for the ball." The only was a QB is going to know that is if the player builds a reputation. That takes time.

MeSoSlo, please get an education because your reading comprehension is truly deplorable. As I said initially and you've proven, if you had actually read Seb's post, all your questions would have been answered.

A college league and a NFL league is two different things. I draft players to win superbowl, so I draft players to beat Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Eli Manning.

I belive ed reed came to the ravens and was a leader and impact player right away. Well reed was a safety, but he played up close like a corner sometimes.

How is he on blitz plays? Is he used a lot on blitz. There are run blitz plays that are used to stop the run to the outside, you know guys like LT.

With all the coaches getting fired, do you think a coach has the luxury of TIME??? Yeah waste a top 7 pick on something that takes TIME.

CLASS IS IN SESSION.

How does a WR beat zone coverage? He uses his ability to agility and stop and catch the ball. So how is DB going to match? well he has to be just as agile, probally even more agile. Now after the WR catches the ball, the DB has to match by already be in a pounce position to drive the WR back and tackle the WR. So the only way the DB can be in this pounce postion is he has to be so agile and stop and go into the tackle position already. IF he is upright and just kinda in position then he will get the NFL forearm. Wes welker is pretty fast so he has to be able to get small enough to hit lower on welker. Welker is sick with the zone coverage because he finds a good spot and just drops down low.

CLASS DISMISS

If you want to prove me wrong, then prove to me that cason can cover 7 yards in a split second. Because if I put cason 7 yards back, iam sure he can cover the top WR, deep, but how is he when the WR shakes left and right, cason doe have 7 yards to make up, and if the route is a diagonal it might be like 9 yards, and if the QB leads the WR, then it might be 10 yards west/east that cason has to COMPETE FOR THE BALL. And what happens if the QB puts it up high, does he have the hops to grab it?

SAMUEL did get a pick against the Chargers by jumping a route? COMPETING FOR THE BALL? Moss jumped all over the dolphins DBs. Iam sure Burress can out jump a lot of DBs, especially in the endzone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back