PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anti-violence group firm: Bench Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really too bad that some of the well intentioned groups have to be taken over by extremist. These whack jobs go off on a tear just to get attention and by their actions trivalize the real purpose of the group.

By going after Moss, they take attention away from the real bastards that beat up women everyday. Just a wasted effort to get some "look at me" time, that is counter productive to the real issues of violence against women.

Remember Crystal Gail Mangum!!!

You know where Duke is now because they suspended those kids prematurely? In a heap of sh|t because they jumped the gun.

***|< them. Someone pull out an emergency restraining order against the person who wrote that, so they can see just how easy it is. No proof needed. The judge grants it without consideration just so he doesn't end up with a dead person on his hands.

Turning off attention to this issue. It is a distraction. Let's think about the Chargers. When anyone brings this crap up, I just say remember Crystal Mangum, that lying psycho who destroyed the lives of four college students.

It is really too bad that some of the well intentioned groups have to be taken over by extremist. These whack jobs go off on a tear just to get attention and by their actions trivalize the real purpose of the group.

By going after Moss, they take attention away from the real bastards that beat up women everyday. Just a wasted effort to get some "look at me" time, that is counter productive to the real issues of violence against women.

Agreed. Indeed, because they pissed me off I'm donating to 'Men advocating for violence against women, children, and puppies.' That'll teach 'em.:eek:

Extremely well put. The work that these groups do is extremely important and should be admired, but they should be out defending women against real scumbags who beat them up, not some athlete who (conjecture) is being targeted because he's rich.

As I said previously, I'm sure they were merely asked for comment by the Herald, but still, their priorities should not be on Randy Moss, but on the guy you've never heard of who's beating up his wife right now.

For the first time in my life I'm going to say....

WHERE'S AL SHARPTON WHEN WE NEED HIM?!?!?!

For the first time in my life I'm going to say....

WHERE'S AL SHARPTON WHEN WE NEED HIM?!?!?!

Dear god no. Please no. Please don't let Sharpton or Jackson get involved in this.

Can you imagine if Moss did that, got them involved? Belichick would have smacked him up side the head. :)

Moss has handled this close to perfectly. Let's shut up and talk football. Or the scandal of fans telling other fans to 'please sit down' during a 3rd down play of the opponent. Scream in their faces, pretend they are Rachelle.

“Either one of those is a clear message to women all over the country that they just don’t care,” Smith said.

WTF?! How could they come up with such a statement with the facts that are in front of us?

I don't want to get too political on this thread, so I'll just say that abuse "activists" have an agenda. Anyone who takes the time to do a little research on domestic violence claims and studies will find it quite eye opening.

Glad no one's rushing to judgment. :rolleyes:

Do you really believe there is anything to judge? I believe most of us clearly see this woman & her attorney as greedy liars. When you weigh all the factors, what kind of friend would try to sue/extort $500K from you for mildly hurting your finger? And then we have the timing of this release of information which has all carefully been planned to maximize their lust for financial gain...

This case is done already. the only thing remaining are the formalities of the process. And in this case, I really wish there was someway this woman would end up having to pay Randy for the troubles she has caused him.

Last edited:
Do you really believe there is anything to judge? I believe most of us clearly see this woman & her attorney as greedy liars. When you weigh all the factors, what kind of friend would try to sue/extort $500K from you for mildly hurting your finger? And then we have the timing of this release of information which has all carefully been planned to maximize their lust for financial gain...

This case is done already. the only thing remaining are the formalities of the process. And in this case, I really wish there was someway this woman would end up having to pay Randy for the troubles she has caused him.

If your case is deemed "frivolous," then you can be held liable for your opponent's court costs as well as your own. IIRC, this happened to that crazy judge in DC(?) who sued over a pair of pants.

The funny thing about this is that she hasn't even sued him yet. It wouldn't surprise me if a lawsuit never came from this just because any chance of recovering liability has been squandered by the way they have gone about this.

"If he gets arrested tomorrow they're gonna look really stupid."

No, no. YOU look really stupid. Another example of a group compromising its own effectiveness because they don't know to shut up.

Edit: My favorite part is them talking about it being standard practice when someone is being investigated. He's NOT being investigated!

and if he never gets arrested, and the woman and her lawyer get in trouble instead, youre gonna be the idiot looking organization

Maybe it is just me, but I think this post should be ended.

Everyone complains about the media, but then people proceed to feed off any information -- OJ, Britany, Randy, etc.

In the case of Randy Moss, you do not, I do not, the media does not know anything except that a complaint was made. Well, OK, that is about it.

To bench Randy, to praise Randy is useless and complete nonsense.

I am SO happy I am not a celebrity and that no one cares about what I do in my life. Except of course my snoopy neighbors who don't matter one little bit.

Ive been through this.
Its not uncommon for SOME women to cry wolf and place blame on men to make them look bad. The system is against MEN as well.

These spokespeople for these groups mentioned in the article are all angry and think men need to exist suberviently.

Dangerous times for dudes.

Everyone complains about the media, but then people proceed to feed off any information -- OJ, Britany, Randy, etc.

In the case of Randy Moss, you do not, I do not, the media does not know anything except that a complaint was made. Well, OK, that is about it.

I am SO happy I am not a celebrity and that no one cares about what I do in my life. Except of course my snoopy neighbors who don't matter one little bit.

I actually think the media has been pretty decent on this one. They aren't just jumping all over Randy, and were good about airing his entire unedited comments. They probably have realized that they'll only help the Pats by going for this, and they seem to have given Randy his fair shake thus far.

Randy might have done something wrong but I can't say the woman and her lawyer have convinced me of that so far. The letter from Randy's agent spelling out what happened paints a pretty bad picture for Ms. Washington.

Pete

Ive been through this.
Its not uncommon for SOME women to cry wolf and place blame on men to make them look bad. The system is against MEN as well.

These spokespeople for these groups mentioned in the article are all angry and think men need to exist suberviently.

Dangerous times for dudes.

Again, you DO NOT know the facts. Reserve judgment please.

As far as the rest of your comments, total nonsense. Men that hit women, women that hit men, sorry no use for such stuff.

ABSOLUTELY. That's what pisses me off the most. :mad:
I'm sorry but if a man HIT me enough to cause physical damage, I would have PRESSED CHARGES, FIRST...gone to the hospital, second...and my family and friends would be my witness. I would go after him.

The fact that this woman has not PRESSED ANY CRIMINAL CHARGES, says it all, IMHO. Why hasn't she done that? What is she waiting for? These are the questions the media should be asking and they are not. This woman has no credibility with me.

She didn't press charges because the police ask questions and expect honest answers. If you LIE to the police there are repercussions.

She stated Moss "commited battery" on her and refused to "ALLOW her to seek medical treatment" on the restraining order. You are supposed to be truthful on a restraining order but those statements are not specific enough nor have I EVER heard of anyone being prosecuted for fudging on a Restraining Order.

Basically if she files a police report and says the same crap her lawyer has said she would end up in JAIL.

There is NO DOUBT she is harming real victims of DV IMO. This stupid group is following the mantra that any publicity is good publicity which is stupid with this kind of BS. Ths is such a open and shut case you don't need to be a Patriot fan to know it is BS.

She didn't press charges because the police ask questions and expect honest answers. If you LIE to the police there are repercussions.

She stated Moss "commited battery" on her and refused to "ALLOW her to seek medical treatment" on the restraining order. You are supposed to be truthful on a restraining order but those statements are not specific enough nor have I EVER heard of anyone being prosecuted for fudging on a Restraining Order.

Basically if she files a police report and says the same crap her lawyer has said she would end up in JAIL.

There is NO DOUBT she is harming real victims of DV IMO. This stupid group is following the mantra that any publicity is good publicity which is stupid with this kind of BS. Ths is such a open and shut case you don't need to be a Patriot fan to know it is BS.

If you lie in court it's also just as dangerous for her. It's really unfair to make this an indictment of all women. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of men out there who have filed frivalous lawsuits. The difference is, men DO beat their wives and men are stronger than women. If they weren't then you'd probably see just as many men like the one who Elizabeth Taylor married.

Except a "complaint" as not made. Her lawyer is throwing that word out making it sound like a report was made. THERE IS NO REPORT. A Restraining Order is a CIVIL court document that has NO CRIMINAL repercussions at all unless they violate what it says. Then it is INterference with Judicial Proceedings. He would be held for all intents and purposes for "contempt of a court document". A restraining order is NOT A COMPLAINT. A COMPLAINT is a CHARGING document that states there is proof that the defendant committed a crime and this is NOT a charging document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back