PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anti-violence group firm: Bench Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't believe this when I read it this morning, talk about a rush to judgment.

However, I would hazard a guess that the comments from these groups were far from unsolicited. I'm pretty confident the Herald called them up and asked them to comment, and no anti-violence group is going to say "yeah, no big deal" when prompted.

Goes to a general point that (just like Spygate) this is going to become a bigger issue because the media makes it one. If what some have speculated is indeed true, and this woman is just trying to extort Moss, I'd be willing to bet she would have preferred to quietly get her payoff as well.

Ummmm, this is an advocacy group people. They are ADVOCATES for the cause of battered women. Their m.o. is not objectivity or balance. Like the NAACP, ACLU, or any other advocacy group, their objective is to keep their cause in the news. None of this should be surprising or noteworthy!

Ummmm, this is an advocacy group people. They are ADVOCATES for the cause of battered women. Their m.o. is not objectivity or balance. Like the NAACP, ACLU, or any other advocacy group, their objective is to keep their cause in the news. None of this should be surprising or noteworthy!

True, but it is also sad. It ends up hurting their cause in the end.

It is what it is. I believe it was consentual horseplay. I believe Randy.

Black, women or other groups hop on this via the media to promote their own cause. Shameless self-promotion will nip credibility in bud 9 times out of 10.

Domestic violence is a problem and a serious one, race is a problem and a serious one.

People use these incidents to get them cash and fame.

The x-rays are negative in this case

Nothing to see here people, move along...

Agreed, however these groups should also be more informed before making a comment to a media call. IMO this puts a bad light on their organization, and puts their advocacy back a few years. No win situation all around.

When anyone is accused of any crime, they are still INNOCENT.

But the Moss accusation doesn't even weigh in on the crime scale. His accusor should spend a year in jail for the crime of stupidity.

I couldn't believe this when I read it this morning, talk about a rush to judgment.

However, I would hazard a guess that the comments from these groups were far from unsolicited. I'm pretty confident the Herald called them up and asked them to comment, and no anti-violence group is going to say "yeah, no big deal" when prompted.

Goes to a general point that (just like Spygate) this is going to become a bigger issue because the media makes it one. If what some have speculated is indeed true, and this woman is just trying to extort Moss, I'd be willing to bet she would have preferred to quietly get her payoff as well.

It would be sad if we found out the Herald purposefully went to this group to get their statement and thereby adding to this non-story. But as shameful as I know the Herald to be, I'm sure they did exactly that.

I wonder when the apology will be forthcoming when these mouth-breathers are confronted with the truth of this matter. Oh, that's right, never, because groups like this never apologize for anything. Working for an advocacy group of a popular cause means never having to say you're sorry.

It would be sad if we found out the Herald purposefully went to this group to get their statement and thereby adding to this non-story. But as shameful as I know the Herald to be, I'm sure they did exactly that.

Oh, as I said before, there's no doubt in my mind that's what they did. I didn't see these groups coming out in a press conference, and I don't expect to see them picketing like PETA did during the Vick thing. I'm sure the Herald called them and asked for a statement, and they gave one consistent with their beliefs.

Oh, as I said before, there's no doubt in my mind that's what they did. I didn't see these groups coming out in a press conference, and I don't expect to see them picketing like PETA did during the Vick thing. I'm sure the Herald called them and asked for a statement, and they gave one consistent with their beliefs.

Leave it to the Herald. No wonder it's the newspaper that is found in so many bathrooms...it's still being used as toilet paper.

Ya think? :rolleyes:

This woman pisses me off. She, and others like her, set our gender back a couple of decades :mad:

This is just another feather for every sleazy defense attorney that tries to get a wife beater off on charges...Firtst the Duke Lacrosse case now this.

Tell me any guy on a jury isn't going to have this in the back of his mind when stuck on jury duty.

aabtec

Glad no one's rushing to judgment. :rolleyes:

I work in Law Enforcement. The fact that no criminal charges are pending or anticipated are quite TELLING in this case. Right now there is nothing, yet this group wants Randy's livelyhood taken away (booted off the team), and condems Kraft and BB, who admitedly have nothing to do with anything.

Sounds like she looking for som e free pub. for her group, and delegitimizing the domestic violence cause in the process (as every false claim case does). What a moron. :rolleyes:
The best part is the Denver woman wanting blasting BB for supporting Moss before the hearing is even held. So are they judging Moss before the hearing is even held?

Publicity for a cause is good, any publicity, I guess. But to me it weakens the fight agaisnt domestic violence. If they throw so much support to a case where a woman says, "Give me money or I'll tell on you," they get known for this, and lose effectiveness when they try to support a woman who was really battered and in fear for their lives.

This seems so obvious to me, yet they sincerely do want to help battered women. Are they nuts, or am I?

Thanks. This answers a lot of my own questions about what they are doing. It makes sense (though I still think it is harmful to their cause in the long run).

Just my opinion on this subject, I know its not worth much.

if I was Moss and BB I would tell this group to go F themselves. It would be different if it was proven Moss did something wrong, but nothing is proven and probably never will be, this woman is out for money I don't care what anybody says, I seen the Moss interview and I am no expert but to me he looked like he was very much telling the truth.

While I definately support their cause, this sounds nothing more than act of trying to get media attention to sound their cause and use this incident to their advantage. Shame on them for jumping to a conclusion prematurely.

Pathetic. If he's found guilty of a criminal offense in a court of law, blast him all you want. That hasn't happened as of now, and based on what is known, isn't likely to happen.

I feel sorry for the women that aren't involved with famous people and have to suffer abuse, because a lot of the morons you hear about in the media are making things much worse for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes