PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anti-violence group firm: Bench Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
so ridiculous... how about innocent until proven guilty.

if they're worried how about films, Iraq, people killing each other

Pretty dumb of them. This women will soon be the rally cry of any man who actually abuses women. They expend too much energy backing up her fraud they will lose credibility in advocating for real victims.

This is case is going to be a huge step back for the victims of DV.

We realize that there's absolutely no evidence suggesting that he did anything, but because a former stripper in Florida accused him of battery, we need to put him on the bench. These people need to get a life. They're not helping the real issue of domestic abuse if they swarm on every claim against an athlete before anything has been proven.

If I didn't know better, it almost seems like someone is making a big effort to stop Moss from playing in the game.

If I didn't know better, it almost seems like someone is making a big effort to stop Moss from playing in the game.
Ya think? :rolleyes:

This woman pisses me off. She, and others like her, set our gender back a couple of decades :mad:

Ya think? :rolleyes:

This woman pisses me off. She, and others like her, set our gender back a couple of decades :mad:

ABSOLUTELY. That's what pisses me off the most. :mad:
I'm sorry but if a man HIT me enough to cause physical damage, I would have PRESSED CHARGES, FIRST...gone to the hospital, second...and my family and friends would be my witness. I would go after him.

The fact that this woman has not PRESSED ANY CRIMINAL CHARGES, says it all, IMHO. Why hasn't she done that? What is she waiting for? These are the questions the media should be asking and they are not. This woman has no credibility with me.

I really support women's groups dedicated to supporting women's rights, helping domestic abuse victims and preventing abuse before it happens.

That said, given the lack of evidence presented and strong indications of an attempt at character assassination/extortion, this group really needs to shut the *&%$ up.

Leave Moss and the Patriots alone. Until even a shred of credible evidence comes forward, he has a right to his job.

The statements by Moss' attorney have the ring of truth. Absent any other evidence, I've read enough and I've heard enough. I believe Randy.

The statements by Moss' attorney have the ring of truth. Absent any other evidence, I've read enough and I've heard enough. I believe Randy.

Exactly. I mean, I seriously doubt Moss' agent and attorney's would be talking to the FBI about an attempt at extortion if Moss had done anything remotely wrong.

Exactly. I mean, I seriously doubt Moss' agent and attorney's would be talking to the FBI about an attempt at extortion if Moss had done anything remotely wrong.

Not necessarily. Even if Randy beat the crap out of her, the lawyers was engaged in extortion.

Not necessarily. Even if Randy beat the crap out of her, the lawyers was engaged in extortion.

If Moss beat the crap out of her, I'd hazard a guess that his agent would have him write a $500k check as soon as he hung up the phone.

Nothing about this situation smells right from Washington or her attorney.

And if Moss beat the crap out of her, she'd have more than a splint on an unbroken, uncut finger.
She may have sunk herself by going to the hospital. They ask how injuries occurred. If she mentioned anything at all like she is now claiming, they'd have photographed her. If she didn't mention anything like she is now claiming - more evidence it was extortion.

Tommysgirl, it was just a joke. I'm sorry if it bothered you. Mods, sorry you had to delete it; I didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Once again, I apologize.

No problem. It's always hard to see funny on the internet. No harm, no foul. Carry on.

Yes, lets drop Randy and ruin everything he's worked hard to achieve this season just because he may have done something.

I work in Law Enforcement. The fact that no criminal charges are pending or anticipated are quite TELLING in this case. Right now there is nothing, yet this group wants Randy's livelyhood taken away (booted off the team), and condems Kraft and BB, who admitedly have nothing to do with anything.

Sounds like she looking for som e free pub. for her group, and delegitimizing the domestic violence cause in the process (as every false claim case does). What a moron. :rolleyes:

Nevermind innocent until proven guilty, Moss has not even BEEN CHARGED with anything. He won't be either because this whole fiasco is some sleazeball attorney's attempt at extortion.

They don't need a restraining order, I doubt Moss wants anything to do with this woman again.

These groups need to get a friggin clue.

STFARMY "Quiet, woman. Back to the kitchen"

Not sure why the quote isn't working..anyway, STFARMY do you really need to say something like that? Really? I understand this woman is doing an awful thing, but you come off as an asshat by saying something like that.

Edit-I see now the post was deleted, thanks Mods!

It is a stupid comment. As some attorney said on WAAF radio this morning, 9 out of 10 of these complaints are legitimate (and we don't know if this complaint is not legitimate - nobody in this forum was there), but there are always those who abuse processes designed to protect the innocent for purposes of personal or financial gain.

I personally find it hard to believe Moss would pick the week prior to a championship game to let his inner demons out, but I figure you let him work that issue through the courts after the season and play some football (these cases take anywhere from 0 to 5 years to conclude, so the problem will not be addressed this season in any event, nor significant progress toward a resolution - it's all media grist now).

As for your comment, "asshat"? I have not heard that term used before, but it's a keeper.

With the facts they, and everyone have, they look very very pathletic. This is another sad side affect of false claims against famous/rich people. These causes feel the need to jump in to get noticed, but they don't wait to see exactly what's going, instead calling for the head of someone, that is at this point is innocent. Remember all the creditability that was damaged for Rev Sharp, Jackson and the Rainvbow Coalition because of the Duke case, how often do we here from those two now.

The end results of all this, assuming the letter from Randy's lawyer is total fact.
  1. McGill's going to jail
  2. These women avocate groups, although they mean well, now look like a mindless lynch mob.
  3. Ms Washington life will sink lower then it's ever been, maybe some jail time.
  4. The reporter who broke the story and jumped down the throat of the guys on WEEI because they said she was "reporting the story", not "broke the story". She'll look like a simple pawn, manipulated by a sleazy lawyer. She thought she was hot stuff breaking the story, now she looks like a novice rookie who allowed herself to be used to attack an innocent man !
JMTC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes