Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anti Illegals is Racist ?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Now that's not an honest argument. There is a justified fear among Republicans that if they were to really crack down on immigration, the Democrats would politically pounce on it with minority voters. Then again, it works the other way too - if the Democrats got tough on immigration I'm sure the GOP would still somehow pounce on it. Politics is about making the other side look bad.

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

You're a joke. Are you trying to imply that the Dems are irrelevent in our country's politics? I can blame the Dems because they are for amnesty, and are pro-criminal illegals. Were they principled, and not selling out to secure the latino vote, and were for SANE policy, or were at the very least in favor of enforcing the laws currently on the books, we wouldn't have an illegal invasion problem. You're such a party stooge its sad.

You deport 11 million (yeah right 11), I mean 20 million illegals is what you do. We tried Amnesty in the 80's in case you didn't know. It was supposed to be a one time deal...HA! now they want to do it again for just "one-time" (hmmm...doesn't 1+1=2?). Obviously you can't deport all 20 million people at once. It'll take time. See, you feel bad for them. I do too as I am the product of too immigrants and understand their plight, but they came here while knowningly breaking the law, and therefore are souly responsible for there actions. Do we let off a guy who robs a store cuz he's looking for a better life? No. So why should we let off illegal criminals who rob my paycheck who are "looking for a better life"? I have ZERO issues with documented and controlled LEGAL immigration. I support a temporary worker program. However, I am opposed to an open border policy.

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Real World, your views are irrelevant because what your proposing won't be supported by any major party. Perhaps you should look at Aryan type groups that might have some sympathies in that direction. The only solution to illegal immigration is some sort of compromise that reduces entry to illegals, removes them if they fail to adhere to certain minimal standards, and punishes employers who hire them to avoid paying fair wages to American citizens. Your view of removing 20 million is sort of like the approach the Turks took to removing the Armenians, which resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths.

4. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Sure there are political consequences, but that's no excuse for not doing what's right, and what's right is something that's less extreme than deporting 20 million illegals or locking them up in jail.

5. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You can't have it both ways, if the Democrats bring "consequences" on the GOP, then they're not blameless for the GOP's refusal to do something. Even if the GOP had a reasonable plan (and, gulp, I hate to say it but Bush's plan is pretty reasonable), the Dems would oppose it. That's the nature of the game, but you can't hold one accountable while letting the other skate away.

6. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

I disagree, Pujo. I expect politicians to do what's right, even in the face of political consequences. I think in general if they act bravely and honestly, their actions will be well received. On the immigration issue even within the Republican Party itself there are enough moderating forces that a reasonable immigration plan can be developed. If they don't have the backbone to do what's right, that's a serious problem. Sure the Dems will try to do whatever they can to exact a price for any Republican legislation, but that would hopefully lead to legislation that is more acceptable to more people. It's part of the Democratic process. To cower and hide from an issue is not part of the Democratic process.

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I haven't heard that illogical of an argument, well, since I last argued with NEM.

You're saying the Democrats are blameless, even though they're obstructing the GOP's plan? You've got donkey-colored glasses. If the GOP is expected to "do the right thing", why aren't the Democrats expected to "do the right thing" and work with them? Politics isn't just about being antagonistic.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

I guess you don't have a good understanding on how our system works in practice. You might try reading about the Roosevelt era or the Johnson era, other times when we had one party governments, and during those times our Congress (whether you liked them or not) got a lot done.

When one party controls the government, it should have the ability to put together an immigration package that will pass. I expect the Republicans to work with conservative Democrats and moderate and conservative Republicans to put something together. Clearly, they're inept or cowardly. Clearly, they are playing politics, rather than using their position to get things done. That's been the way this Congress has worked since Bush got elected. Again, read about the times we've had one party governments and you might realize that your being simplistic rather than think me illogical.

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

You're an idiot. My view is irrelevent because no major party supports it? What a dumby. So basically, by your logic, the only positions or voices that matter are those that repeat, verbatum, the company mandate of the Democratic or Republican party. I see. I guess thats why you so oppose Prop 200. Afterall, why implement a policy that the people voted into law if the "major" parties didn't give it their ok. You're pathetic. You are a Sheeple of monumental porportions. You are a robot, incabable of thinking independently, as the DNC thinks for you.

[​IMG]

Anyway, here you go....

House Votes to Toughen Laws on Immigration

One Setback for Bush: No Guest-Worker Plan

By Jonathan Weisman
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, December 17, 2005; Page A01

The House last night passed tough immigration legislation to build vast border fences, force employers to verify the legality of their workers and tighten security on the nation's frontier, but it rebuffed President Bush's entreaties to include avenues for foreign workers to gain legal employment.

The bill passed 239 to 182, with 36 Democrats joining 203 Republicans to vote yes. Seventeen Republicans, 164 Democrats and one independent opposed the measure.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/16/AR2005121601814.html

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Why isn't it right? Did they knowingly break the law by crossing our border? What about those consequences?

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

During the Johnson & Roosevelt era the pubbies rarely used to fillibuster (usually it was dems fillibustering Civil Rights legislation). The fillibuster also required active and continious participation. Now 40 votes 1 time consitiuetes a fillibuster (thanks god the dems wern't able to do this to block Civil Rights legislation). this is in essence a 40 votes veto in the Senate. This has been used to block any administration proposal including immigration, energy policy and so on.

The naked partisanship demonstrated by the Senate dems is unrivaled in recent history.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

this from the exploit the children guy. The one who said the Dems wouldn't make it a race issue, then who he himself brought up racism 3 words into his first reply. HA!

Hypocracy Exposed.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Are you surprised Pujo? Remember this guy talks about doing whats right, yet he admittedly hoped & wanted his Dem party to exploit the molestation of children. HA!

Sure, he wants to do the right thing. Whatever's right by Dem eyes. But what do I know, my voice and opinion is "irrelevent". I don't support nor recite a "major" parties company line.

Baaaaaa.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Are you delusional? How does the likes of you defending the Republicans for covering up the Foley incident make me the exploit the children guy? Face it, Real World, you don't give a damn about kids, since it could mean higher taxes to give them health care and protect them. Liberals have a great track record in protecting kids -- from child abuse hotlines to social services to support for UN initiatives to nonprofit organizations that provide medical care. I'm not sure what conservatives have done to prevent child abuse, except try to cover it up.

Also, what prompted you to bring up the race issue? In my first post in this thread, I didn't mention race once. In fact, I don't think I ever mentioned race in this thread. Don't be so careless with your accusations, or you'll come across as yet another Republican liar.

Another lie on your part is your claim that I said the Dems wouldn't make immigration a race issue? I never said that. For many people, on both the right and left, it is a race issue. Please do not twist my words. Lying may be a Republican trademark these days, but we're onto you.

Also, fyi, it's "dummy," not "dumby."

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Have you given any thought to the economic cost of losing 20 million people? If we did that, we would certainly sink into a recession. The cost of removing them would be in the hundreds of billions, plus add the cost of replacing them as workers, the cost of losing their spending power, and all the cost of losing all associated jobs created to manage a group that large. You should agree it's an issue that has to be managed carefully, but I understand as a coverup Republican you probably don't care about the kids of illegals. After all, a little humanity might cost you a few bucks.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 5 / -10

America is changing, without rules, without discipiline (Libs hate discipline) without law and order, without plain common sense, without morality, this country will slowly but surely destroy itself, America will turn into another Africa, South America or Mexico, I don't think this President or the "Crazy Looney Liberals" can even comprehend that, this President is just as bad as the do-gooding Liberal when it comes to the Illegal Alien Invasion, secretly the Liberal Democrat must ADMIRE Bush on this one.

We should be treating the Illegal Invasion like a war, we ARE being invaded.

America now has THREE ENEMY's,
    1 Muslim Terrorists
    2 Illegal Aliens
    3 Liberal Batty Democrats
    Jesus H Christ "Save Us"

How would all you liberals like to wake up some warm summer morning and see 5 or 6 Mexicans taking a bath in your kids swimming pool?

God Bless The Minute Men

CASTRATE ALL PEDOPHILES BEFORE XMAS

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

Many could be replaced by legal immigrants who have been playing by the rules rather than breaking our laws like the illegals.

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 5 / -10

Anti White Red Head Is Racist

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

When have I once defended Foley, or the GOP on the Foley issue? You're a tard. I don't care about kids? HA! Sure I don't. You and your kind are out of touch and living in a fantasy world. See, my problem is that loosers have 7 kids from 5 different men and you feel that I should pay for them entirely. HA! Of course my not wanting to means that I want the kids to die. Kinda like aborting them after they're born right? Or maybe I should just hope they get molested for my own personal gain?

You're a fraud & a hypocrite. Period.

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Economic cost? Sure, 20 million people means probably about 12-15 million students. Times that by the $11-14k it cost to educate these kids, and what economic cost does that amount to? How about the police, fire, & judicial costs related to the 20 million? Medical costs anyone? This doesn't even take into consideration the social costs we pay by having an uneducated, unasymilated wave of foreignors embeded in our society.

Hmmmmm....am I making too much sense for you? What I love about King George & Co., is that company line about "they're only here for a better life". Great, good for them. But what about my better life? They're invasion degrades the quality of the American citizens life. OH yeah, I forgot, why would they care about real Americans.

[​IMG]