Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anti-government "Patriot" Groups Under Clinton, Bush, Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jul 23, 2014.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

Anti-government "Patriot" Groups Under Clinton, Bush, Obama:

[​IMG]

Discuss.

2. james87654

james87654 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +275 / 23 / -17

#3 Jersey

[​IMG]

its all demographics.....old white people......working class/middle class white people......upset that america doesnt look like it used to.....and doesnt pay the same wages for a lot of them......ramifications of living in a globalized world......and they think its just about liberals giving out goodies to minorities.....dont realize how bipartisan it is

just my opinion

3. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +206 / 9 / -26

Southern Poverty Law Center...........LMAO

No agenda there :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. iapatsfan

iapatsfan 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +214 / 53 / -17

It seems to reflect a strengthening (dot.com driven) economy - followed by a tragic event that generated a greater than normal level of patriotism - followed by a poor economy combined with a man that wanted to "fundamentally transform" an America many people didn't feel needed to be "transformed".

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,051 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,051 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

These people are very black ... densely black ... like a black hole - no light escaping. :p
    Are these the Black Holer Patriot Party people?

[​IMG]

Can't see your photo PF ... o_O

On a serious not why can other demographics of people have representative groups but not white anti patriot type people? don't they deserve representation and a political opinion?

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Must be another SPLC fundraiser, isn't Morris rich enough yet?

:D

8. Bobsyouruncle

Bobsyouruncle Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +296 / 3 / -3

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a dubious racket dedicated mainly to eradicating poverty among its executives — none of whom, by the way, in all the 42 years the SPLC has been in existence, has ever been black.

Here are the compensation packages for the SPLC's top executives, from their IRS Form 990, rounded to the nearest thousand. Richard Cohen, President: $341,000. Morris Dees, Chief Trial Counsel: $345,0000. Joseph Levin, General Counsel: $185,000. Mary Bauer, Legal Director: $169,000. You get the idea.

CharityWatch, which grades charities and nonprofits on their effectiveness, has for years been giving the SPLC an F rating. There have been periodic exposées of this scam — but the money keeps rolling in: $40 million last year. The SPLC has unspent assets of $256 million. There's a lot of money to be made in the poverty business.

14 years ago the scam was thoroughly exposed here
    http://www.americanpatrol.com/SPLC/ChurchofMorrisDees001100.html

The discussion we should have isn't about this chart, or about why anyone listens to the SPLC, or about why the media continue to be fooled by the SPLC, but why the people running this organization aren't in prison for fraud.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

So the actual data show that under a Republican, "patriot" groups did not form or proliferate, but that under two successive Democratic presidents, they did.

So, the far right groups, predictably, proliferate when there are Democratic presidents.

I really don't want to hear a bunch of rubbish about the source, since you guys post regularly from pamphleteering streetcorner preachers like WND, various Fox outlets, drudge, etc.

What I want to hear about is whether you believe these far-right groups to spring into actions under the centrist administrations of Obama and Clinton, but are mollified by the rightist policies of Bush, and so decline in number.

So, for the few here with two brain-cells to rub together, thanks for addressing the actual subject of the data. For the attack dogs, think more, post less.

PFnV

10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

Oh and for Icy, I dunno if you have to update your browser or something. Re: your serious note, I'm merely noting the correlation.

Also I find it interesting that you re-phrase them as "white anti patriot" type people.

The category had nothing to do with race... and although you and I probably would think of them as anti patriot type people, they call themselves "patriots." I think all parties agree they're anti-government.

So let's all get real. Icy, are you saying they're almost purely white organizations? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just surprised you'd parse this racially when so many here claim that identifying the political proclivities of various ethnic groups is racism, despite the fact that political interests/leanings of various ethnic groups are well known.

What's interesting to me is that these groups proliferate when Democrats are in the white house, and wither on the vine when Republicans are.

PFnV

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Find it interesting that people are so worried about how much everyone makes in their endeavors, particularly in a free market economy..

SPLC has long been a standard for watching hate groups in America, Morris Dees has successfully sued Nazi's in Idaho and other organizations that preach hate...

Paying a very successful trial lawyer $345,000 per year is not that outlandish...

"Hate Watch" is a valuable tool for many...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,051 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Anti the party in the White House ... so what's the point ... makes sense to me.

Aren't the people not in power usually the angry bunch?

Seems the anti military groups are quiet under Obama yet he has us in military operations in the most countries ever ... so what's the point? Protesting is very American as it's better than war in our country as we see in other countries.

Here's a website full of info from that time ... it's how we are here in the USA.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +681 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I know my own "anti-government" feelings spiked when I saw the feds crawl back into bed with Wall Street in 2008-2009 with bailouts and refusals to prosecute the worst offenders. It's purely anecdotal, I 'spose.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

It actually doesn't need to be transformed and I would hope most Americans would agree with that and will do all they can to prevent that from happening.

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

I think it's a natural phenominon when the vast majority of Americans are white but our government's focus seems to be on minorities and illegal aliens. Especially considering that most of these "patriot" groups are largely uneducated....but I bet they all have ID's!!!!

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

17. Bobsyouruncle

Bobsyouruncle Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +296 / 3 / -3

Let me explain it to you. If the SPLC calls themselves a charity but has a higher expense to profit margin than McDonalds, then they're not a charity- they're a scam.

A good charity gives over 75% to charity, the rest is fundraising and administrative costs, less stellar one 60%. At the last audit they gave 11%.

There is no universal definition of "anti-government patriot." You're just as anti-government as anyone else, you constantly complain. So all we have is the opinion of a bunch of proven fraudsters inflating and inventing a boogie man to scare people into giving them money they use to finance their lavish lifestyle.

This chart is as useful as a chart of the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

Well, not if you consider "everyone else" to be part of "the other" group. But that's not how it should be viewed. If you break down all the demographic/ethnic groups and compare that to the number of caucasians, they are a vast majority MrsP.

The largest group other than caucasians is Latinos....and it's not even 20%. But I'm not sure if that counts illegals...

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

One of the very useful tools that Hate Watch has is it shows where these groups are located, so if you are moving to a different area of the country you can quickly glance and find out whether or not that area is a hotbed for extremism..

Hate watch also does not discriminate by politics, race or religion.. they call it as they see it.

The actions alone by Morris Dees in Idaho against Aryan Nations are meritorious... recently they did an investigative report on conditions of confinement in Mississippi for Juveniles.. they have been very effective during their existence, and do things that normal law enforcement cannot do.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-inform...th-anniversary-of-splcs-aryan-nations-victory

Criticize it as you will, but for my money they have proven to be a very effective tool in identifying extremism in this country and taking legal action..

Check out their popularity on "Stormfront"... interesting commentary.

20. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Is dissent no longer the highest form of patriotism?