PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anti-FG Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdeespats

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Have I missed something in the past or is this something new? I am used to seeing Seymour, etc. reaching for the moon to try to slap down the FG attempt. Last night we saw Bruschi and Vrabel pushing Wilfork (and the Panther O- line) right back into the play where there is no chance to get any elevation on the kick. This horizontal approach certainly was effective and I just don't remember seeing this done before. Has anyone else?

My friend note that they heavily overloaded the side of the field from which the kicker was kicking. that was also unusual...

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure i remember them blocking a couple field goals last year in the preseason.

Last edited:
Breer describes how they do it..."Basically, they line Mike Vrabel and Tedy Bruschi up behind Jarvis Green and Wilfork, and the linebackers get behind the linemen and bench press them through the line. So not only do you have the raw force of Green and Wilfork, but added leverage coming from behind them. That’s why Wilfork got the first one, with Bruschi helping out, and Green got the second, with an assist to Vrabel."

Wicked pissah, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey