PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anthony Waters arrested...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a young player, I could live with this mistake...though the biggest mistake was leaving a body to be found.

I'm not for the violence but the guy threw a rock and broke his windshield.

He was drafted by the chargers? I'm surprised he didn't do the lights out dance after they beat the guy.

As was I. Well.

FWIW, this doesn't sound at all like a "looking for trouble" situation. Waters wasn't jawing at somebody at a strip club at 3:00 am, he was just driving down the highway in the middle of the afternoon when some idiot hurled a rock at his car. He obviously didn't behave well and had better learn to control himself if he's going to be a professional athlete, but taken in isolation it doesn't sound like one of those red flashing character alerts.

(An 18 year old throwing rocks at cars? WTH?)

As was I. Well.

FWIW, this doesn't sound at all like a "looking for trouble" situation. Waters wasn't jawing at somebody at a strip club at 3:00 am, he was just driving down the highway in the middle of the afternoon when some idiot hurled a rock at his car. He obviously didn't behave well and had better learn to control himself if he's going to be a professional athlete, but taken in isolation it doesn't sound like one of those red flashing character alerts.

(An 18 year old throwing rocks at cars? WTH?)

I agree. He may have overreacted, but he does have a right to be angry.

Once again we can enjoy the fact that none of our "lowered standards" rookies and palyers are garnering any negative headlines.

I think I would have reacted the same way. And probably been the one left on the side of the road beaten up.
But, throwing rocks at a car is serious. It could cause serious injury to the occupants and possibly cause an accident that injures of kills people in other cars.

I agree with the consensus: Nothing to see here, folks.

I don't blame Waters, at all, for what he did.

I think if more 16 year old idiots got the snot beaten out of them for doing things that can seriously hurt or kill people, it might be a lot safer for the rest of us.

The only thing that alarms me about this story is that the rock-thrower is not being charged with assault and battery, and Waters is.

If you took a gun and shot out someone's windshield on the freeway, would that also only be "malicious damage to private property"?

If some punk kid throw a rock and shattered my windshield, I'd put my foot up his *****.

This isn't Pacman Jones here. I hope the league doesn't come down too harsh on the guy.

I was another who wanted Anthony Waters. What I find stupid about the situation is that, in all reality, it was self-defense by Waters because of the rock being thrown at his car and breaking his windshield. Hell, depending on the size of the rock, Waters or his friend could have been blinded or had worse damage done to them.

Seriously. I would have thrown the rock back.

If this kid isn't a player in the NFL, he doesn't get charged. Someone's looking to get their name in the paper.

From being right he winds up being wrong.
From the standpoint of society it's better to protect the community by using a consistent standard that allows the 98 lb. lady to receive justice equal to the 250 lb. linebacker who can administer some tough love alongside the road. The problem with the current approach is highlighted by the malicious mischief charge against the rock thrower. This individual took an action that could have caused bodily harm or death, yet he gets this tickle me elmo charge brought against him. My sympathies are for Waters and his buddy, it's too bad there isn't a system that would pillory the rock thrower in front of the town hall and allow them to use whiffle bats on his ass. Unfortunately that American kid caned in Singapore years ago for being an idiot never got the message, despite application of the cane to his most intelligent anatomical feature. Some folks don't even learn the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes