Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This kid is huge and maybe what the team takes at #28

I think the F.O. always looks at B.C. kids

He looks like a good young player, I think he will be gone by 28 however, he seems to fit the colts or giants systems. And I can't see BB taking him at 17

I've seen him twice now (Senior Bowl was one) and thought he was not impressive, at all. I don't get the hype. He's big, but doesn't look that great to me, at least. Those who have seen him more please weigh in.

His stock has been falling as of late. But there are a short list of Tackles this year, so it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Watched this kid on a few occasions. His best position is going to be moving inside to right guard. Just doesn't look good on the outside and at LG.

Watched this kid on a few occasions. His best position is going to be moving inside to right guard. Just doesn't look good on the outside and at LG.

Only a complete idiot would suggest taking 6' 7" lineman that has only played tackle and move him to guard.

Only a complete idiot would suggest taking 6' 7" lineman that has only played tackle and move him to guard.

Only an idiot would think that a guy measuring in at 6'7 is automatically able to play OT in the NFL.

Castonzo has played guard. He did so in the Senior Bowl. Both LG and RG. As well as LT and RT. The only position he played WELL was RG. His play at the other 3 positions made Grant "Turnstyle" Williams look like Walter Jones.

Now, in the other games that I saw, Castonzo looked ok at LT. Nothing special to write home about. There is no way I'd want him on the Pats because he doesn't seem like an upgrade at either OT position.

I've seen him twice now (Senior Bowl was one) and thought he was not impressive, at all. I don't get the hype. He's big, but doesn't look that great to me, at least. Those who have seen him more please weigh in.

I agree with you 100%. In the games I've seen, he's been poor. He was awful in the Senior Bowl, despite Mayock claiming the opposite today. Costanzo did look wonderful in the combine drills. He reportedly looked great in Senior Bowl practices too. But as far as on the field, I haven't seen anything that would make me want him on this team.

Shocked on the evaluations.. Everyone here isn't a fan of his but the experts love him.. Going to be interesting

Shocked on the evaluations.. Everyone here isn't a fan of his but the experts love him.. Going to be interesting
What are you talking about? We are the experts!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye