Welcome to PatsFans.com

Answering IcyPatriots' Potshot

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by godef, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I realize this may directly violate the rules of the board, and if this gets me kicked out, then so be it. But IcyPatriot took a very cheap shot at me just prior to the "Gentically Corrupt" thread being closed, and I'm sorry but I can't leave it go unanswered.

I did attempt to send him a private message first, but it seems he has disallowed anyone to send him any. How conveniant is that? Actually, I had another two-syllable word in mind that also starts with "c".

So here was his post...
    And here is the response I composed before discovering I could send it:

Don't be such an *** (starts with "A"). I had read the link, and you're a damned liar to suggest I never read other links. I dare you to post links to such threads. This amounts to nothing more than the same bullying bullsh!t that always comes from the right.

Call this guy what you want, but this was not left-of-center commentary. It's stupid to presume that Obama had not expected that the GOP would be flinging the dirt, such as death panels and euthanasia and upsurping parental rights, because this is what they always do. This doesn't surprise anyone with half a brain. What the link suggested is that it wasn't expected and thus Obama was naive.

And what if in fact the White House did expect the GOP to try to "break" Obama? How would one expect Obama to react? By fighting back using the same dirty tactics? The truth is, Obama has refused to fling the same garbage back at them though they deserve it in spades. In fct, he has been quite diplomatic about it.

This is nothing more than an attempt to justify the dirt from the right. If you want to call taking the high road and not stooping to these same bully tactics as being naive, then I would proudly accept the title of Mr. Naive. And I'll call you Mr. Corrupt for attempting to justify the outlandish behavior from the right. Just because they right always play dirty doesn't make it any more justifiable.

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +802 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Deflecting that you never read the post or thread or any of it.

Just like I said ... same old business with you ...

The thread was the man's attempt at humor ... but you never read it ... like always.
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Your FBN persona has been rearing its head a lot lately.

Godef is a solid poster here, and you're only trying to smear him because you don't like his politics.

Icy has been much more objective and centrist. What have you done with him?
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think Icy's been feeling kinda stupid ever since he popped up with a comment about how he's against Obama's HC bill unless it does X, Y, and Z...

Then Patters came along and kindly pointed out that the bill actually did do X, Y and Z. I wouldn't have been quite so kind if I got there first.
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +802 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

I think my point is valid. Obama and Congress are basically asking you to trust them as the bill is crafted. While I do trust Obama some I do not trust Congress at all ... especially with Pelosi who has no problems crafting bills behind closed doors at the helm. So who is to say the next Congress or the next President will like this bill?

This bill is ripe for abuse in the future. I've spoken to all my doctors about it and they all point to how they lose $$$ with Medicare patients but they must treat them. Doctors will be seeing more patients because they will make less money per patient than they do now. That means your time with the doctor will be reduced ... and it already has been reduced due to them being already squeezed by the insurance companies.

IMO ... as the government goes in the red deeper and deeper due to this bill ... and projections are that they will after 10 years ... then the bill will be changed. Who will be the President in 10 years? Would you trust a Bush clone if it's him in 10 years? What if Congress is run by the GOP who did not want Medicare back when it came to be? I dont't trust them SD and their track record of fraud, corruption and back room dealings back up my intuition.

I think the government should simply come up with a government plan that is available to all people. It would cost or not cost people based on their income. It would not penalize employers like this bill will. The economy is fragile now ... our deficit is way out of control ... how much more debt can we incur without going bust?
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +802 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

I'm still that guy. I just called the guy out because he made a thread based on one he percieved from the title to be an obnoxious one. The article was written by a liberal democrat and well the rest is history.
    Members should not assume content based on thread titles - he missed and now he's angry that he missed ... oh well ... as you say ... carry on.;)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/258510-democrats-genetically-naive.html
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 4 / -4

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Seems to me that this kind of discussion is better handled by PMs or perhaps in a different forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.